AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

Posted: 18 February 2011 04:25 PM #392

Well from here we either close down further into the close or bounce back to 353.

I now suspect they will keep it under 350.  The problem is that if we close at the bottom, we will be in trouble come Tuesday.

As I said I bought yesterday and today.  Not at the lows, but I don’t care.  I am not selling any of my stock trying to time these unpredictable and unexplainable moves.

Posted: 18 February 2011 04:37 PM #393

Expensive day for me today so a little humor is in order.
    Meeting last night with Obama from The Oatmeal

Posted: 18 February 2011 04:45 PM #394

omacvi - 18 February 2011 08:25 PM

Well from here we either close down further into the close or bounce back to 353.

I now suspect they will keep it under 350.  The problem is that if we close at the bottom, we will be in trouble come Tuesday.

As I said I bought yesterday and today.  Not at the lows, but I don’t care.  I am not selling any of my stock trying to time these unpredictable and unexplainable moves.

I’m not sure why you see this as unexplainable…AAPL has run so far so fast, fighting off the rumors of weak veriphone sales, SJ health, product delays, etc…..that last push a couple of days ago had me wondering just why we were so strong with no Verizon announcement, no good news as a further catalyst and nothing on the calendar except options expiration coming up…yikes! The big boys saw the chance to cut off some heads of the february 360 (even 370 bulls) and still stay on top of the twenty day moving average support…..All it needed was some kind of catalyst to get rolling in the past 48 hours…and they found it. (four actually.. SJ health, antitrust concerns,product delays and weak verizon sales). I don’t think we go down further Tuesday. Rather, I would suspect a bounce…BWDIK.  350 or bust today, though :bugeyed:

Signature

AAPL: to boldly go where no stock has gone before

Posted: 18 February 2011 04:49 PM #395

Some hedgies made a TRUCKLOAD today…

• Posted: 18 February 2011 04:51 PM #396

Any bets on an exact close of 350.00?

Would allow many many call/put options to die worthless death.

Posted: 18 February 2011 04:52 PM #397

Red shirted ensign - 18 February 2011 08:45 PM
    omacvi - 18 February 2011 08:25 PM

I don’t think we go down further Tuesday. Rather, I would suspect a bounce…BWDIK.  350 or bust today, though :bugeyed:

I share your sentiment. Hedgies won today, and boy, they’re pretty good, assuming 350 is the pinning point. 

I am not aware of the short interest out there for AAPL, other than people looking for the price to plummet by 4PM today for OE (and to satisfy max pain).  Anyone who’s shorting after today is quite the risk taker.

Posted: 18 February 2011 04:54 PM #398

bick - 18 February 2011 08:51 PM

In order for AAPL to resume the rally, it has to close a few pennies below $350 or a few tens of cents above $350.  A few pennies above $350 is bearish.  Trust me :wink:.

Signature

Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.  - Steve Jobs

Posted: 18 February 2011 04:58 PM #399

Nice buying opportunity today

Signature

Full Disclosure:

- Long Apple
    - Pro: Apple HDTV, iPhone Air, Stock split, Consumer robotics

• Posted: 18 February 2011 05:04 PM #400

This is a reminder the US markets are closed on Monday. The new intraday topic for next week will debut late Monday.

• Posted: 18 February 2011 05:05 PM #401

Mace - 18 February 2011 08:54 PM
    bick - 18 February 2011 08:51 PM

In order for AAPL to resume the rally, it has to close a few pennies below $350 or a few tens of cents above $350.  A few pennies above $350 is bearish.  Trust me :wink:.

Does $350.56 count?

• Posted: 18 February 2011 05:07 PM #402

iOSWeekly - 18 February 2011 08:58 PM

From all cash, scaled into a boatload of March 350 calls. Worked very well last month on OE. Hope it works well again here.  tongue laugh

• Posted: 18 February 2011 05:13 PM #403

zulu - 18 February 2011 06:21 PM
    Unique - 18 February 2011 06:04 PM
    pwat - 18 February 2011 05:56 PM

I am confused about the Option Expiration driving Apple down. Doesn’t Google have options expiring as well and the stock is up???

If you look at the volume on the aapl options then you would conclude that more money is at stake and the hedgies will pin the price to whatever fits.

Corrct me if I am wrong, two days ago 360 puts had lots of volume.

You are absolutely correct!

edit:  the only part that article left out is how, after the sell the calls, the hedge funds go short.

Thanks for pointing out this article. It was published 9:47AM ... now that the market is closed, we know what happened today.

“The stock is pinned at $360 for the next few days,” .... don’t think so

“Investors are happy to roll the dice till Friday afternoon, given it will likely be a lighter day, and they’ll only have to roll it for a day,” ... 26.4 million shares today vs. 15.3 million shares average

If these dudes were trading Apple based on these predictions today, they got squashed.

• Posted: 18 February 2011 05:17 PM #404

bick - 18 February 2011 09:07 PM
    iOSWeekly - 18 February 2011 08:58 PM

From all cash, scaled into a boatload of March 350 calls. Worked very well last month on OE. Hope it works well again here.  tongue laugh

That’s gutsy. I got burnt around Antennagate trying that so I try and go a little farther out now. Today I went for April 350 and July 350. I hope it works out for you! ... I really do, because if it works for you, it will work just fine for me grin

Posted: 18 February 2011 05:18 PM #405

snoozzzer - 18 February 2011 09:13 PM
    zulu - 18 February 2011 06:21 PM
    Unique - 18 February 2011 06:04 PM
    pwat - 18 February 2011 05:56 PM

I am confused about the Option Expiration driving Apple down. Doesn’t Google have options expiring as well and the stock is up???

If you look at the volume on the aapl options then you would conclude that more money is at stake and the hedgies will pin the price to whatever fits.

Corrct me if I am wrong, two days ago 360 puts had lots of volume.

You are absolutely correct!

edit:  the only part that article left out is how, after the sell the calls, the hedge funds go short.

Thanks for pointing out this article. It was published 9:47AM ... now that the market is closed, we know what happened today.

“The stock is pinned at $360 for the next few days,” .... don’t think so

“Investors are happy to roll the dice till Friday afternoon, given it will likely be a lighter day, and they’ll only have to roll it for a day,” ... 26.4 million shares today vs. 15.3 million shares average

If these dudes were trading Apple based on these predictions today, they got squashed.

Or they were just setting up the small guy sitting on his 350 or 355 calls, or had bought 350 puts, that it was o.k. to head out early today….“move on, move on, nothing to see here”.  Then, blammo

Man, I am too cynical. Gotta learn to trust…

Signature

AAPL: to boldly go where no stock has gone before