Ipad2 - who’s buying?  how many?

Posted: 02 March 2011 08:56 PM #16

Rez and Co. preordered iPad1 64 for me and 16 for my YL. Tempted to go with a 32/3G and pass the 64 to her Since she has the iPhone4 and I’m still with 3GS it’s my turn smile. I had fine intentions to load it up with all my reference material but it just ports around movies I never get to watch, and I have to constantly search for Wifi. Thinner, lighter, better cover, faster, etc. The bar has indeed been raised.  I’ll probably save my pennies and spring for one in late summer.

Signature

Use your powers for good.

• Posted: 03 March 2011 12:31 AM #17

Buying one iPad 2 64GB WiFi 3G in white, online.  I imagine camping out will return at 300+ Apple Stores worldwide.  Now what Company makes sleeping bags for a swing trade…

• Posted: 03 March 2011 02:13 AM #18

Plan to buy 5 white iPad2 16G 3G GSM (w/cover) for extended family.

If AAPL stock does well this month as I expect, the cost for this purchase should be pocket change.  There’s something very gratifying about using sizable AAPL profits to buy killer Apple products. LOL

P.S. iPad2 really looks good in white. Surprised by this. Whereas iPhone4 looks better in black.

• Posted: 03 March 2011 02:21 AM #19

bick - 03 March 2011 06:13 AM

If AAPL stock does well this month as I expect, the cost for this purchase should be pocket change.  There’s something very gratifying about using sizable AAPL profits to buy killer Apple products. LOL

P.S. iPad2 really looks good in white. Surprised by this. Whereas iPhone4 looks better in black.

Re. White:  Agreed.  Apple’s covers will really take market share from the aftermarket case-makers.  This version is superior to the 1st gen. case, albeit with less protection. 

FIVE iPad 2s?  Thank you, from an Apple stockholder.

Posted: 03 March 2011 02:34 AM #20

Mercel - 03 March 2011 06:21 AM

Re. White:  Agreed.  Apple’s covers will really take market share from the aftermarket case-makers.  This version is superior to the 1st gen. case, albeit with less protection. 

FIVE iPad 2s?  Thank you, from an Apple stockholder.

My daughter asked that I get the white one.  I have a feeling that will require more patience since they will sell out of white on day one.:(

Posted: 03 March 2011 02:34 AM #21

The black/white choice is really a polarizing one. I for one think the white looks horrendous! 
    Tonight I watched several of the hands on videos that engadget had and the white just looks bad…sort of dated, sort of Martha Stewartish. grin

For me black is the ONLY choice for the 5 I am buying. To the eye a black frame around any sort of content or media seems to enhance contrast and definition. Photos will appear to have more punch, ibooks will appear higher contrast.

I wonder what the Vegas line is on Black vs White. grin
    Will they end up reporting numbers on sales, black compared to white? 

I’m betting Black 80% vs 20% white.
    We need to have a contest here…

Signature

Jan13 $600 or BUST! LEAP Spread Trial: Bought Jan13 590/600 BCS @1.45 on 9-21-2011
    Max Profit: 689%  Current Price:
    4.50 +210% as of 5-2-2012 - Woohoo! Finally Green!

• Posted: 03 March 2011 02:54 AM #22

Getting one, then passing on my 16GB 3G to my father in law overseas in MI.

Posted: 03 March 2011 03:18 AM #23

omacvi - 03 March 2011 06:34 AM

My daughter asked that I get the white one.  I have a feeling that will require more patience since they will sell out of white on day one.:(

I HIGHLY doubt this.  We did a straw poll amongst about 20 people, combination of male/female, some techies and some not, and the preference was overwhelmingly black.

But I almost hope I am wrong…so I can get my 5 black ones without any worry! grin

Signature

Jan13 $600 or BUST! LEAP Spread Trial: Bought Jan13 590/600 BCS @1.45 on 9-21-2011
    Max Profit: 689%  Current Price:
    4.50 +210% as of 5-2-2012 - Woohoo! Finally Green!

• Posted: 03 March 2011 04:59 AM #24

buying two, but still need to decide on which version (3G or not)...definitely black though

Signature

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today.

• Posted: 03 March 2011 09:48 AM #25

Im thinking about replacing my AT&T iPad with a Verizon iPad 2.  Then I’ll have an AT&T iPhone and Verizon iPad.  Should improve my chances of getting a data signal as I travel.

But this strategy depends on Verizon data plan rates.  Are they published yet?

Posted: 03 March 2011 11:56 AM #26

black only.

I ordered an iPad 1.  Life as a blue collar chemist and lumberjack (okay, dogs, blizzards, spilled coffee) is a bit hazardous.  I will have to decide if a cast iron case is safe enough.

Posted: 03 March 2011 12:17 PM #27

For the time being I will just buy one and share that with my wife. An additional one may be in order, but I will let time tell.

Signature

“Works of art, in my opinion, are the only objects in the material universe to possess internal order, and that is why, though I don’t believe that only art matters, I do believe in Art for Art’s sake.” E. M. Forster

Posted: 03 March 2011 12:22 PM #28

alice - 02 March 2011 09:54 PM

Which is better - ATT or Verizon?  Is iPad2 ATT version better for overseas traveling?

My understanding is that ATT has better global coverage.

Posted: 03 March 2011 12:26 PM #29

Let’s see…

CPU 2x as fast
    Graphics 9x as fast
    iMovie app
    GarageBand app
    Smart cover
    Lighter
    FaceTime
    2 cameras…

Oh, I forgot, also extra absorbent.  smile

I’m in!  Just wondering if I will get the Wi-Fi only model now that we can use the iPhone model as a 3G hotspot…any thoughts?

Posted: 03 March 2011 12:36 PM #30

madmaxroi - 03 March 2011 04:26 PM

I’m in!  Just wondering if I will get the Wi-Fi only model now that we can use the iPhone model as a 3G hotspot…any thoughts?

I am wondering about that. Will there be a fee for tethering? Is it “tethering?”

Signature

“Works of art, in my opinion, are the only objects in the material universe to possess internal order, and that is why, though I don’t believe that only art matters, I do believe in Art for Art’s sake.” E. M. Forster