Ipad2 - who’s buying?  how many?

• Posted: 03 March 2011 11:33 PM #61

It doesn’t look like Apple will be able to manufacture enough iPad 2s to satisfy the needs of AFB members, let alone the rest of the world.

Posted: 03 March 2011 11:39 PM #62

Tetrachloride - 04 March 2011 03:26 AM

Actually, I was thinking of the Ruby Red of iMacs G3 400 Mhz.

Those lollypop colors were nice, as was Bondi Blue.

Signature

“Works of art, in my opinion, are the only objects in the material universe to possess internal order, and that is why, though I don’t believe that only art matters, I do believe in Art for Art’s sake.” E. M. Forster

Posted: 04 March 2011 12:15 AM #63

willrob - 04 March 2011 03:33 AM

It doesn’t look like Apple will be able to manufacture enough iPad 2s to satisfy the needs of AFB members, let alone the rest of the world.

LOL, I was thinking the same thing Will. It does seem like there is a high number of interested members. I told the GF I would like one for my B-day in July.

Signature

Adversity does not just build character, it reveals it.

Posted: 04 March 2011 12:55 AM #64

mbeauch - 04 March 2011 04:15 AM
    willrob - 04 March 2011 03:33 AM

LOL, I was thinking the same thing Will. It does seem like there is a high number of interested members. I told the GF I would like one for my B-day in July.

My birthday is in July as well.  Please let your GF know.  smile

• Posted: 04 March 2011 01:12 AM #65

I’m going to raffle off my 64Gig Wi-Fi 3G iPad at $20 a ticket.  Contact me at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Same offer is being made on Yahoo Groups The AAPL Investor

Winner will be notified on both venues the day after I get my iPad2.

Signature

You can’t do more, make more, be more, than the next guy, if you think like the next guy. Think different.

Posted: 04 March 2011 01:18 AM #66

My abilities to resist new technology are far superior to the draw of an iPad 2. Besides, I’m looking at a $53,000 iPhone accessory right now.

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

• Posted: 04 March 2011 06:01 AM #67

At least one for me (64 GB wi-fi Black), passing the iPad1 down to either the wife (who now wants it) or the son (who wants it even more - but not the daughter who just wants an iPhone 4).

I’ve got a feeling that when the wife sees the iPad2, she’s going to want one, if for no other reason than the smaller mass.

I will still likely eschew the 3G - enabled device, as I travel to too many places on the planet where it simply is not available, or would cost a premium to use. That’s what the iPhone is for in my business plan, anyway.

Am now actively considering switching our field team to tablet-based data collection on the iPad, if the software solutions work out. That would be 80+ iPads.

Signature

wab95

Posted: 04 March 2011 08:42 AM #68

Eric, if you buy that truck I am sure the dealer would give you an ipad. LOL  Nice truck.

Signature

Adversity does not just build character, it reveals it.

Posted: 04 March 2011 11:11 AM #69

mbeauch - 04 March 2011 12:42 PM

Eric, if you buy that truck I am sure the dealer would give you an ipad. LOL  Nice truck.

My Ford dealer uses iPads in the parts/service department to take in customer info.

I have a deep blue colored Ford Ranger, I thought hard about getting the red one, but my wife’s Toyota is deep red.

Signature

“Works of art, in my opinion, are the only objects in the material universe to possess internal order, and that is why, though I don’t believe that only art matters, I do believe in Art for Art’s sake.” E. M. Forster

• Posted: 04 March 2011 11:12 AM #70

Eric Landstrom - 04 March 2011 05:18 AM

I’m looking at a $53,000 iPhone accessory right now.

Didn’t you read Eric’s post? It’s not a truck. It’s the biggest iPhone case in the world.

Posted: 04 March 2011 11:16 AM #71

FalKirk - 04 March 2011 03:12 PM
    Eric Landstrom - 04 March 2011 05:18 AM

I’m looking at a $53,000 iPhone accessory right now.

Didn’t you read Eric’s post? It’s not a truck. It’s the biggest iPhone case in the world.

And its voice activated. Can your iPad2 do voice commands? No? Well then…. :wink:

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

Posted: 04 March 2011 12:45 PM #72

typo in the original story: 2011, not 2010.

Posted: 04 March 2011 03:40 PM #73

I’m just looking to see how much I can sell my iPad for on craigslist.  In Toronto they seem to be asking $400 not bad when you consider Apple Canada is giving their remaining stock away for $419.  But if you add the basic cover and tax you’re looking at $525.

We’ll see what the selling price ends up at for the 16GB Wifi, which worked out fine for me.  The original selling price was $549, a little annoying considering the $CND dollar is at par.  Either way that turns into about $665 with cover and sales tax.

So I upgrade for about $250.