Visit to Apple Corporate

Posted: 03 March 2011 07:13 AM

Depending on airline seat availability, I may be at the (city), (state) Apple campus on (date). As a last minute add I’ll probably be a fly on the wall during whatever the visit team has set up. They have a whole agenda already, which parallels some of mine. Any advice about what I should be looking and listening for? I will NOT be able to accept a new iPad 2 as a bribe, and this is not espionage but rather amicable fact finding for both sides. But it could prove interesting.

Signature

Use your powers for good.

Posted: 03 March 2011 08:37 AM #1

I had an opportunity to visit Apple Corporate in the mid 90’s. At that time, they were not very secretive. I used to get rumor information directly from an Apple rep. Besides talking about how Apple could work with our organization, we got a tour of their development area. Got to see Pipin in development as well as the 20th Anniversary Mac. They mentioned that it had just come back from a movie shoot. They had lent it out for the movie “Sabrina” with Harrison Ford. It was just sitting on his desk.

It was all interesting, but I don’t think they would give the same access today. I’d suspect that you’d have a stack of non-disclosure agreements to sign before they let you know anything.

Posted: 03 March 2011 08:17 PM #2

OK, the visit is a lock. I’ll report back what I can afterwards.

I’m a big fan of the “Inception” concept. Plant the right seeds with the right people at the right moment and your message becomes *their* message.

Looking also for any high level messages I should plant with the Apple folks. Or even just feature requests. smile

Signature

• Posted: 03 March 2011 09:16 PM #3

Make sure you visit ‘The Company Store’ ... it is the only place you can purchase Apple attire/accessories:

http://www.apple.com/companystore/

Posted: 03 March 2011 09:19 PM #4

rezonate - 04 March 2011 12:17 AM

Looking also for any high level messages I should plant with the Apple folks. Or even just feature requests. smile

Tell SJ his fans on AFB would like a 10-1 split.

And don’t forget to get pics of yourself next to the 1 Infinite Loop sign.

Signature

We filed for over 200 patents for all the inventions in iPhone and we intend to protect them. — Steve Jobs, 2007

• Posted: 03 March 2011 09:55 PM #5

Ask if they plan to issue a dividend with all that cash wink

Posted: 03 March 2011 10:42 PM #6

rezonate - 04 March 2011 12:17 AM

OK, the visit is a lock. I’ll report back what I can afterwards.

I’m a big fan of the “Inception” concept. Plant the right seeds with the right people at the right moment and your message becomes *their* message.

Tomorrow, I’ll send you a private message.  I think its a big chance.  Cheers !

Posted: 03 March 2011 11:20 PM #7

Maybe this is just a thought experiment, since I don’t think I’ll be able to *actually* plant any ideas. And remember Apple has corporate offices besides Cupertino. Don’t want to compromise my employer. Or myself. But as I said, I’ll report back what I can.

[ Edited: 04 March 2011 07:28 AM by rezonate ]

Signature

Posted: 04 March 2011 02:52 AM #8

huskerrx - 04 March 2011 01:55 AM

Ask if they plan to issue a dividend with all that cash wink

I’d prefer Apple uses the cash to keep component prices low by buying en masse. Giving the money shareholders would be dumb. Apple’s returns aren’t good enough for you? Please.

Signature

We filed for over 200 patents for all the inventions in iPhone and we intend to protect them. — Steve Jobs, 2007

Posted: 04 March 2011 04:34 AM #9

JD, obviously you knew huskerrx was joking, right?

And no, Apple’s returns aren’t good enough for me.  I want MORE!  I gotta stay patient, stick to my trading plan, we’re still within the AFB AAPL target price range expectations, but @#$!! is it tough.  We’ve been put through the wringer twice so far this year, and both times it had to do with Apple-related news and rumors.

rez…I have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about.  I don’t recall you having any kind of prior business relationship with Apple.  I’d actually prefer that you don’t drop any hints on this board.  The SEC doesn’t care about the average investor, but it’s still hypersensitive to insider information-type things.  Asleep at the wheel when it counts, draconian when it doesn’t necessarily need to be.

I don’t want the SEC investigating this board, shutting down TMO, and trying to reverse-engineer the IPs of visitors to bust down people’s doors.  It sounds ridiculous, but with today’s SEC, you never can tell.

That being said, happy fact-finding.  Whatever non-insider nuggets and hints you find, enjoy ‘em (and please don’t tell me about it).

[ Edited: 04 March 2011 04:40 AM by Mav ]

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 04 March 2011 07:32 AM #10

Mav, thanks for the reminder there are two things at work here. Apple, Inc. and AAPL. But you’re right the SEC won’t see it that way!

Signature

• Posted: 04 March 2011 08:25 AM #11

I guess one thing a message board will never be able to express is sarcasm.

• Posted: 04 March 2011 08:36 AM #12

huskerrx - 04 March 2011 12:25 PM

There have been AFBers who have lobbied for dividends, so the sarcasm was below subtle.  Like you, I am not among those who invest in Apple for dividend payouts.

Posted: 04 March 2011 01:55 PM #13

huskerrx - 04 March 2011 12:25 PM

I like dividend payout :-x.  How about using smileys rolleyes?  Noted you’ve used smileys :oops:.

Signature

Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.  - Steve Jobs

Posted: 04 March 2011 06:13 PM #14

Mace!  GET OFF THIS BOARD!  Never speak of AAPL dividends…at least until 2015!

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 04 March 2011 08:12 PM #15

rezonate - 04 March 2011 11:32 AM

Mav, thanks for the reminder there are two things at work here. Apple, Inc. and AAPL. But you’re right the SEC won’t see it that way!

Yes, be careful - studying a lot of cases of SEC cracking down; whatever they pick (right or wrong) carries a very real cost in terms of reputation and foregone opportunities.

Besides, I actually like that Apple is secretive and we can enjoy positive surprises not just as shareholders, but also users (e.g. Thunderbolt in recent MBA refresh).

Enjoy your visit though.

And Mace, I don’t want a dividend (if you need to reply, spin off in a new topic).