AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

• Posted: 20 March 2011 02:55 PM

Due to the unusual number of major world events that will impact market sentiment we’re starting this weekly topic a few hours earlier than the norm.

How will world events including concerns about the availability of components for Apple products impact AAPL in early Monday trading?

[ Edited: 26 March 2011 12:02 PM by DawnTreader ]      
  • Posted: 20 March 2011 03:11 PM #1

TC is the guru of inventory & supply chain management.  I hope he can work some magic regarding availability of components.

Posted: 20 March 2011 03:16 PM #2

Despite all that is going around Apple:

iPad 2’s launch in 20 something Countries still scheduled for this Friday.  Long lines to be expected.
    As a US consumer - -I can likely get an iPad tomorrow if I’m willing to wait in line at an apple store (most are getting daily shipments met with greater demand)

Demand for Apple’s products has never been greater - and Apple has the best supply manager in the business.

If ipad2s were in danger of being constrained - wait times would start to extend beyond 4-5 weeks and apple would start limiting daily purchases to 1 per person vs 2.

Have faith - hang on; don’t let emotions get the best of you this week.

Posted: 20 March 2011 03:20 PM #3

Nagrani - 20 March 2011 06:16 PM

Despite all that is going around Apple:

iPad 2’s launch in 20 something Countries still scheduled for this Friday.  Long lines to be expected.
    As a US consumer - -I can likely get an iPad tomorrow if I’m willing to wait in line at an apple store (most are getting daily shipments met with greater demand)

Demand for Apple’s products has never been greater - and Apple has the best supply manager in the business.

If ipad2s were in danger of being constrained - wait times would start to extend beyond 4-5 weeks and apple would start limiting daily purchases to 1 per person vs 2.

Have faith - hang on; don’t let emotions get the best of you this week.

Has it been confirmed that Apple stores are getting ipads?

The local BB is saying they haven’t gotten any recently.

cheers
      JohnG

• Posted: 20 March 2011 03:34 PM #4

AT&T buying T-Mobile.  I think that’ll give AAPL a little pop tomorrow morning.

Posted: 20 March 2011 03:42 PM #5

mcharliem - 20 March 2011 06:34 PM

Do you have a link?

That would be huge news.

• Posted: 20 March 2011 03:44 PM #6

http://emoney.allthingsd.com/20110320/att-agrees-to-acquire-t-mobile-usa-for-39-million/?reflink=ATD_yahoo_ticker

It seems legit.  Everyone’s reporting it.

Posted: 20 March 2011 03:45 PM #7

Yes.  Call any apple store and ask them if they will be opening up an hour early tomorrow or if they have been.
    They are somewhat guarded but the opening up an hour early is their way at winking about avail. Try it out.

Posted: 20 March 2011 03:48 PM #8

mcharliem - 20 March 2011 06:44 PM

http://emoney.allthingsd.com/20110320/att-agrees-to-acquire-t-mobile-usa-for-39-million/?reflink=ATD_yahoo_ticker

It seems legit.  Everyone’s reporting it.

http://www.businessinsider.com/att-buying-t-mobile-usa-in-39-billion-deal-2011-3

This will give aapl access to 33 million subscribers in the US.  Given the tmobile towers it should also improve reception for ATT. 

This was the news we needed.  If Apple could give us some numbers on iPads that would be icing on the cake.

Posted: 20 March 2011 03:50 PM #9

mcharliem - 20 March 2011 06:44 PM

Headline says million.  Story says billion.

Caution

The deal will likely face steep regulatory hurdles as it will mean that the country will go from having four major national wireless carriers to three.

Posted: 20 March 2011 04:01 PM #10

http://www.mobilizeeverything.com/home.php

Posted: 20 March 2011 04:08 PM #11

mcharliem - 20 March 2011 06:34 PM

Wow!  AAPL catalyst, probably.  Always wondered when the TMoPhone would show up.  Not too long now, I’d think…

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Teamâ„¢
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 20 March 2011 04:15 PM #12

Monday would be a good time for a press release, Steve.

I’m in the fragrant camp of “more frequent press releases” than the deserted offices of Apple PR.

[ Edited: 20 March 2011 04:17 PM by Tetrachloride ]      
  • Posted: 20 March 2011 04:26 PM #13

Nagrani - 20 March 2011 06:45 PM

Yes.  Call any apple store and ask them if they will be opening up an hour early tomorrow or if they have been.
    They are somewhat guarded but the opening up an hour early is their way at winking about avail. Try it out.

The shipments they sell this way are coming in the day previous and held for these early morning sessions. Monday’s are the least likely day to have stock, since there would be no delivery on Sunday. That’s what my local Apple Store told me.

Posted: 20 March 2011 04:35 PM #14

ATT buying T-Mobile is great news for Apple. They will need to include T-Mobile frequency in the iPhone though, that would mean iPhones compatible with Videotron here in Canada.

Great news for Apple too, but for the US consumers, I’m not sure. Here in canada, there used to be 4 providers until one of them (Fido) was bought by the other (Rogers). Prices then went crazy until recently when new operators (winners of the 2009 new spectrums bids, notably Videotron) started offering very competitive plans. Now you can get unlimited voice and text in big cities area for around 30$, that’s from Fido, Videotron and Virgin Canada (owned by Bell).

Posted: 20 March 2011 07:13 PM #15

TAIPEI (MarketWatch)—Hon Hai Precision Industry Co.{Foxconn] said Friday that it plans to sell up to NT$12 billion worth of bonds to repay short-term debt.

Hon Hai is the world’s largest contract maker of electronics products, which assembles products for Apple Inc. (AAPL) and Dell Inc. (DELL).

Signature

“Even in the worst of times, someone turns a profit. . ” —#162 Ferengi: Rules of Acquisition