AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

Posted: 20 March 2011 07:44 PM #16

TanToday - 20 March 2011 10:13 PM

TAIPEI (MarketWatch)—Hon Hai Precision Industry Co.{Foxconn] said Friday that it plans to sell up to NT$12 billion worth of bonds to repay short-term debt.

Hon Hai is the world’s largest contract maker of electronics products, which assembles products for Apple Inc. (AAPL) and Dell Inc. (DELL).

This is probably a smart move for HH, given the low interest rates.

Meanwhile, futures are even.

Posted: 20 March 2011 07:50 PM #17

$405 million US total.

Hon Hai does do that from time to time.

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Teamâ„¢
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 20 March 2011 09:34 PM #18

I talked to an employee at the Apple Store today.  He stated the Omaha, NE store has been getting “a couple dozen total ipads, including a variety SKU’s” everyday except Monday (no mail on Sunday).  He said this has been pretty consistant.  If Omaha, NE is getting Ipad’s then there are no supply concerns.

Posted: 20 March 2011 09:52 PM #19

adamthompson3232 - 21 March 2011 12:37 AM
    huskerrx - 21 March 2011 12:34 AM

I talked to an employee at the Apple Store today.  He stated the Omaha, NE store has been getting “a couple dozen total ipads, including a variety SKU’s” everyday except Monday (no mail on Sunday).  He said this has been pretty consistant.  If Omaha, NE is getting Ipad’s then there are no supply concerns.

This makes no sense. If any Apple store in the country is getting only a few dozen per day there are MAJOR supply constraints.

BUT, taking into consideration the international inventory build, online ordering, and Apple’s US stores receiving iPads daily, inventory is still flowing into the channel.  We’ll have to keep a close eye as to rumored international store inventory to see if there was in fact proper inventory.

Signature

Tim Cook: iPad is 91% of all tablet web traffic. I don’t know what these other tablets are doing.

• Posted: 20 March 2011 09:53 PM #20

Then I guess we have MAJOR supply constraints.  smile

• Posted: 20 March 2011 10:03 PM #21

adamthompson3232 - 21 March 2011 12:37 AM
    huskerrx - 21 March 2011 12:34 AM

This makes no sense. If any Apple store in the country is getting only a few dozen per day there are MAJOR supply constraints.

It makes sense to me.  It only makes sense for apple to send a higher volume of products to areas with a higher population density.  I am certain the single apple store in Portland, Maine gets far fewer iPads than any of the apple stores in NYC.

Posted: 20 March 2011 10:13 PM #22

Keep in mind that Apple sales online and thru other retailers.  Just confirmed thru a friend that on day one the largest retailer in Portland sold about 450 iPads.  They have sold hundreds more since then.  They sell mostly to bulk people and have charged as much as $150 over retail price.

Also as big as the iPad is here it is even hotter overseas.  60% of sales last quarter were international.  I suspect they are building inventory for the rest of the world.

[ Edited: 20 March 2011 10:18 PM by omacvi ]      

Posted: 20 March 2011 10:24 PM #23

omacvi - 21 March 2011 01:13 AM

Keep in mind that Apple sales online and thru other retailers.  Just confirmed thru a friend that on day one the largest retailer in Portland sold about 450 iPads.  They have sold hundreds more since then.  They sell mostly to bulk people and have charged as much as $150 over retail price.

Also as big as the iPad is here it is even hotter overseas.  60% of sales last quarter were international.  I suspect they are building inventory for the rest of the world.

It’s well known that large # of ipad2 sales have been to “straw buyers”.  rolleyes

Posted: 20 March 2011 10:26 PM #24

T-Mobile will not offer iPhone soon.

?T-Mobile USA remains an independent company. The acquisition is expected to be completed in approximately 12 months. We do not offer the iPhone. We offer cutting-edge devices like the Samsung Galaxy S 4G, and coming soon, our new Sidekick 4G,? the company said.

Press release

Posted: 20 March 2011 10:31 PM #25

mcharliem - 20 March 2011 06:34 PM

AT&T buying T-Mobile.  I think that’ll give AAPL a little pop tomorrow morning.

I agree..  I just read a few different articles about this and I bet that will happen.  I wish I had bought some calls on friday @ 330..  but I didn’t want to sit through the weekend gambling that things would look good monday morning.

• Posted: 20 March 2011 10:31 PM #26

adamthompson3232 - 21 March 2011 01:07 AM

If the international launch occurs on schedule then we can say that some of the constraint is due to the launch but if the launch is delayed (as suggested on some blogs re: the Czech Republic launch being delayed) then we have other issues at hand (e.g. very slow total production).

While I’d like to see the Czech Republic release on schedule, the nation has a population of about 11 million people and currently does not have an Apple retail store nor an Apple online store. That necessitates distribution through 3rd parties. I don’t see the delay as a cause for alarm except for the fine folks in the Czech Republic eager to get their hands on the latest Apple hardware device.

Posted: 20 March 2011 10:36 PM #27

BrazilNuts - 21 March 2011 01:26 AM

?T-Mobile USA remains an independent company. The acquisition is expected to be completed in approximately 12 months. We do not offer the iPhone. We offer cutting-edge devices like the Samsung Galaxy S 4G, and coming soon, our new Sidekick 4G,? the company said.

Press release

another good, informative, ‘straight from the horses mouth’ link..  good job

• Posted: 20 March 2011 10:47 PM #28

BrazilNuts - 21 March 2011 01:26 AM

Press release

This only makes sense, given the time it takes to win regulatory approval.  T-Mobile isn’t interested telling customers during the intervening period:  Just wait a year, we’ll have the iPhone to sell you!

I imagine we’ll be seeing less anti-iPhone 4 ads from T-Mobile as ATT inches toward assimilating the pink brand.

Posted: 20 March 2011 10:50 PM #29

Mav - 20 March 2011 07:08 PM
    mcharliem - 20 March 2011 06:34 PM

AT&T buying T-Mobile.  I think that’ll give AAPL a little pop tomorrow morning.

Wow!  AAPL catalyst, probably.  Always wondered when the TMoPhone would show up.  Not too long now, I’d think…

they shouldn’t get the iphone, for what I understand, for another 12 months..  until that deal is actually finalized and approved..  Check Brazils post with the link to the Q & A’s..  let me give it here too..  I have it in another tab and maybe easier for people to find than to scroll.  it’s important:  http://newsroom.t-mobile.com/articles/more-information-att-acquires-tmobile

Posted: 20 March 2011 10:55 PM #30

Mercel - 21 March 2011 01:47 AM

I imagine we’ll be seeing less anti-iPhone 4 ads from T-Mobile as ATT inches toward assimilating the pink brand.

lol… good point..