AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

Posted: 25 March 2011 11:53 PM #541

Not my fault!  I think it was yours. wink

There’s no riddle.  BrazilNuts was joking (I’m sure he was) that AAPL’s P/E will rise to 67 at some point.  I was saying that AMZN’s P/E will fall to 30 before AAPL’s rises to 30.  I didn’t feel like directly responding.  I think you can understand why…it was a good trading day, no need to get all…er…serious.

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 26 March 2011 12:02 AM #542

Mav - 26 March 2011 02:53 AM

There’s no riddle.  BrazilNuts was joking (I’m sure he was) that AAPL’s P/E will rise to 67 at some point.  I was saying that AMZN’s P/E will fall to 30 before AAPL’s rises to 30.  I didn’t feel like directly responding.  I think you can understand why…it was a good trading day, no need to get all…er…serious.

No worries, it’s all good!  Cheers to the longs!!!

Posted: 26 March 2011 12:04 AM #543

Mav - 26 March 2011 02:53 AM

Well, good night Mav. Have a great one!

Posted: 26 March 2011 12:14 AM #544

Yep!  See you all here tomorrow, and good luck to all on Monday!

I’m not done here yet if there’s still activity though.  AFB is like Vegas…never sleeps. smile

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 26 March 2011 12:21 AM #545

I’ll never forget SJ’s saying that “we have over 200 patents” on the iPhone when it was introduced. I find it hard to believe that all that hard work won’t come to fruition someday. We may just be starting to see the fruits of that. Billions of dollars at stake, could be larger than anyone realizes. Wishful thinking maybe but I have faith.

Dvorak is a half-wit. Great stores are only part of it. The bottom line is that the stores, brand, etc. wouldn’t exist or succeed without great products. Turd out, ummm, I mean turn out some Zunes and see what happens to your brand and your retail. Next thing you know you’re having to give Justin Beaver #&$*@ to get people to come to your store openings.

• Posted: 26 March 2011 12:49 AM #546

BrazilNuts - 26 March 2011 01:38 AM
    Mercel - 26 March 2011 01:15 AM

If AAPL is recognized as a retailer, I’d like to see Wall Street confirm it by assigning it AMZN’s P/E (now 67).

We will live to see that!

Cramer called Apple a retailer on his show tonight: It’s confirmed!  Make sure the Rally Monkey is rested before Monday!  That calculates to $1,500 a share.  :-D

Posted: 26 March 2011 01:04 AM #547

Chas:  Justin…who?  wink

(Man I hope there aren’t any “Beeb” fans on this board, who knows what they’d do…) LOL

Cramer’s called Apple a retailer before.  Unlike Dvorak, despite his…um…Cramer-ness, Jim’s been consistently right about AAPL since ‘09 at least.  Being an Apple product user, he gets it.

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 26 March 2011 01:21 AM #548

Thought I could slip in a little late-night trash talking on the Beebster grin I’m sure Mark is a big fan so I better watch it.

Good luck Monday all. I could use a dose of the Rally Monkey!

Posted: 26 March 2011 09:40 AM #549

Unique - 26 March 2011 06:11 AM

Went to eaton Eaton Centre today (Toronto) with the girlfriend and looked at the line on 5:30pm eastern and it was long, it went from the third floor to he second floor. Very happy I ordered it at 4:10am. It can’t compare to the Manhattan line though.

Who hates shopping with ladies? I need to build up my patience…

I was there at lunch time, and the line probably had 500 people in it at that time. That was with 5 hours to go. There was an Apple employee going around with an iPad taking orders to get a count of how many people wanted. I’d call it a successful launch.

Posted: 26 March 2011 10:05 AM #550

CdnPhoto - 26 March 2011 12:40 PM
    Unique - 26 March 2011 06:11 AM

I’d call it a successful launch.

not too bad indeed haha

Signature

Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment

• Posted: 26 March 2011 11:05 AM #551

OSX - 25 March 2011 10:28 PM

Ever have those days when you’re ready to smack your head against the wall?  :dunce: Kept thinking AAPL would sell off late in the day with the weekend near and then the Kodak FUD. Now debating just to jump in here or wait until Monday and hope that some external news pushes it down. Looking to re-establish a long position after (stupidly) selling on Nuke, Libya fears. Considering layering in but concerned that the MM’s may just let this thing run like crazy next week. Thoughts?`

I am treating this as though it is the start of one of AAPL’s runs.  Last Friday I was 51% cash in the two accounts I manage (me and the iWife’s IRAs).  At the close yesterday, I was 10% cash.  Absent any black swan events, I am anticipating a 15% or so move from the recent low.

That is what I did and what I am thinking.  Good luck in your decision-making process.

Posted: 26 March 2011 12:01 PM #552

Calling Apple a retailer is really missing the point. It’s a brand, one that is just upscale enough to be recession proof, but mainstream enough to have mass market appeal.

There’s term for that: Aspirational.  It means anyone can get it, but they MAY have to wait til tomorrow and they MAY have to pick something they already have in their life to sacrifice, like that morning latte, or they may have to settle for the outdated model at first like the $49 3Gs.  But they can get it nonetheless.  Or they can do like some, and buy Apple stock to be able to afford the gear!