What will happen with Lion and iWork? and 10.6?

Posted: 05 May 2011 12:20 PM

Does anyone have any reliable, solid data, or at least informed conjecture, on how Lion may affect iWork?

Will Lion use only the presumed iWork 11? OR will it accommodate 08 and 09?

Will Snow Leopard run iWork 11? Fully or crippled?

More broadly, will Lion do to all previous OS X iterations what OS X did to System 9 and earlier? Or will it be more like the gap between 10.4 and 10.6, in which 10.6 generally operates fine, but breaks certain 10.4 apps?

Posted: 05 May 2011 08:00 PM #1

Hi! While it really doesn’t completely answer your question it is related and addresses APPLEWORKDS (a PPC application).
    Snowleopard will run it if you install ROSETTA.

LION will never run it I heard when I listened to one of the itunes podcasts (sorry forget which one) because it will not support rosetta.

Hope we get some news about iwork11.
    I don’t plan on installing LION until 2011 so everyone can get the bugs out before I have to!
    Cheers!

Posted: 06 August 2011 09:03 AM #2

I am running Lion 10.7 (11A511) in full 64-bits mode on my MBP 2,2GHz.
    Both iWorks 08 and 09 work for me. smile

Signature

Life’s too short to be in a hurry. 
    Enjoy being a grape.
    Soon enough you’ll be a raisin.

• Posted: 08 August 2011 01:41 PM #3

Apple has also released an update for iWork ‘09 that allows it to use the new autosave/versions feature in Lion.

If I may make a wild guess, I’d say the next major version will be iWork ‘12, released later this year. Being more than half way through the calendar year, an “iWork ‘11” version is starting to seem unlikely.