Apple: Ten Quarters of Product Unit Sales

• Posted: 09 May 2011 01:53 AM

This Eventide was published with my fellow bloggers and AFB members in mind. My desire is for the post to serve as a reference for all AFB members preparing quarterly estimates. It provides a 10-quarter historical context for unit sales of Apple’s hardware device product lines.

The quarters seem to be getting shorter as new products emerge and more data is needed to prepare accurate estimates.

Posted: 09 May 2011 11:22 AM #1

The link is the most valuable of your resources.

I’ll have to revise my “final revised estimate” for the Jun quarter.

The real goal is to provide the best possible info and analysis to the public and Wall Street via the individual and collective wisdom of the AFB.

I’ll be increasing my iPhone and Mac estimates with a balancing cut in iPads.

Posted: 09 May 2011 12:08 PM #2

Conference calls live notes:

July 2010 : MacDailyNews

Oct 2010 : MacDailyNews

Jan 2011 : MacDailyNews

Apr 2011 : MacDailyNews via tinyurl

[ Edited: 09 May 2011 12:22 PM by Tetrachloride ]      
  • Posted: 09 May 2011 03:18 PM #3

Tetrachloride - 09 May 2011 02:22 PM

The real goal is to provide the best possible info and analysis to the public and Wall Street via the individual and collective wisdom of the AFB.

This is a foundational post and I’ll build on the data in the coming weeks. There’s much more to explore in the lead up to June quarter results.

• Posted: 09 May 2011 04:02 PM #4

DawnTreader - 09 May 2011 04:53 AM

This Eventide was published with my fellow bloggers and AFB members in mind. My desire is for the post to serve as a reference for all AFB members preparing quarterly estimates. It provides a 10-quarter historical context for unit sales of Apple’s hardware device product lines.

The quarters seem to be getting shorter as new products emerge and more data is needed to prepare accurate estimates.

DT, I read the post. How do you see the iPad disrupting the global PC market?

• Posted: 09 May 2011 08:05 PM #5

Sparky - 09 May 2011 07:02 PM

DT, I read the post. How do you see the iPad disrupting the global PC market?

I’ll be delving into that subject in the weeks to come. I expect the iPad 2 to cannibalize netbook sales and for the device to become the most disruptive force in the industry since the mass adoption of PCs in the early 1980’s.

• Posted: 10 May 2011 04:32 PM #6

I’ll be posting more 10-quarter analysis over the next few weeks. Due to the dynamic nature of Apple’s revenue, looking back more than ten quarters isn’t productive. There are several important revenue and expense trends that have developed over the past ten quarters and I look forward to publishing my research.

• Posted: 15 May 2011 01:01 PM #7

Please remember to reference this resource as you develop your June quarter estimates. I’m posting to info to give independent analysts and bloggers a running start in developing June quarter numbers.

• Posted: 15 May 2011 08:57 PM #8

I like the iPhone and Mac graphs. It’s interesting how the iPod graph goes in the opposite direction.

• Posted: 15 May 2011 09:47 PM #9

Sparky - 15 May 2011 11:57 PM

I like the iPhone and Mac graphs. It’s interesting how the iPod graph goes in the opposite direction.

Providing the information in graph form is helpful. It’s much easier to see the unit sales trends in pictures than in text.

• Posted: 18 May 2011 12:19 AM #10

I do recommend visiting the post as an historical reference. Apple as an enterprise is performing quite well no matter the current market sentiment.

• Posted: 23 May 2011 12:30 PM #11

I’m liking this series of posts. The graphs do speak volumes and the trends are clear.

• Posted: 23 May 2011 01:47 PM #12

Sparky - 23 May 2011 03:30 PM

I’m liking this series of posts. The graphs do speak volumes and the trends are clear.

The Mac and iPhone unit sales trends are undeniable.