Rezonate’s 1000th post

Posted: 18 May 2011 07:17 AM

Those who’ve been around for a while remember celebrating post number milestones. We still judge number of posts as an outward sign of commitment to the community, a credibility score. The cut of your clothes, so to speak. So indulge me this thread as I pass the 1000 milestone.

The members of this board bring many powerful skills to the table. As we discovered over the weekend, those skills extend to golf, good conversation and tall tales. It is gratifying to see a community built by a common interest suddenly spring beyond the historical boundaries to spawn new websites and connections. My contributions are more as a technologist than a market maven. I invest for the long haul. But as a strong intuitive, I see patterns in the data, the ebb and flow of rumor, press release and post. Getting to 1000 has taken a while because I watch and ponder, and only chime in with a potentially useful nugget of distilled thought.

Over the last six years I’ve been the recipient of private words of encouragement as my wife battled her ongoing medical condition. We’ve gone from complete strangers to people I’m proud to call friends. In return I promise to continue adding value to the community, in whatever small way I can. There are real people at work behind these obscure little posts on a random message board. I’m thankful for you all.

And now, since I’ve finally crossed the 1000 milestone, time for AAPL to shape up and do the same!  See y’all around the boards.

~ Rezonate (aka Lucky Eddie) Edit: typo.

[ Edited: 18 May 2011 12:24 PM by rezonate ]

Signature

Use your powers for good.

Posted: 18 May 2011 07:25 AM #1

I love how the system had me sitting at 999 posts for days, and now says 998. Must have been post manipulation! Or a broker’s fee. smile

Signature

Use your powers for good.

Posted: 18 May 2011 10:57 AM #2

Keep working at it. You will get to 1000. LOL

Signature

AAPL: to boldly go where no stock has gone before

Posted: 18 May 2011 11:07 AM #3

rezonate - 18 May 2011 10:25 AM

I love how the system had me sitting at 999 posts for days, and now says 998. Must have been post manipulation! Or a broker’s fee. smile

Yes, an SEC investigation in order?  smile

Posted: 18 May 2011 11:33 AM #4

congrats

i recall the excitement when i had my first 1000 post.

when we get to tommo’s numbers we will see $2000 in aapl :-D

Posted: 18 May 2011 12:11 PM #5

Ed, really glad to have you here. Sorry we didn’t get to chat more in Vegas. Next time!

Posted: 18 May 2011 07:17 PM #6

Rez, I agree with what you said about the postings. I also want to congratulate you for your milestone, thank you for your attendance in Vegas, and express my gratitude for your service to this country.  :innocent:

Signature

Adversity does not just build character, it reveals it.

• Posted: 18 May 2011 07:30 PM #7

rezonate - 18 May 2011 10:25 AM

It was part of the NASDAQ “rebalancing”. Congratulations!

Posted: 18 May 2011 07:44 PM #8