Apple Share Creep And The Number Of Fully Diluted Shares

• Posted: 22 May 2011 11:19 PM

For the AAPL analysts among our members this is a 10-quarter history of the increase in Apple’s fully diluted shares. Mark’s been waiting for post like this for quite some time.  grin

Snippet: While “share creep” in sequential quarters might appear to be slight, when measured over a 12-month period of time the increase in fully diluted shares becomes material to the eps outcome. During the 10-quarter period illustrated in the graph and data table below the number of fully diluted shares used in quarterly eps calculations has risen about 3.8%.

Posted: 23 May 2011 12:24 AM #1

What’s 13 billion in shareholder value between friends?  Apple has up to 1.8 billion shares that they can fully dilute to, there is a lot more pain to come. :-x Man, ruin my night why don’t you with this topic. tongue laugh

Signature

Adversity does not just build character, it reveals it.

Posted: 23 May 2011 12:29 AM #2

mbeauch - 23 May 2011 03:24 AM

What’s 13 billion in shareholder value between friends?  Apple has up to 1.8 billion shares that they can fully dilute to, there is a lot more pain to come. :-x Man, ruin my night why don’t you with this topic. tongue laugh

1.8 billion shares?

Posted: 23 May 2011 12:36 AM #3

Yep, 1.8 billion shares is the fully diluted number approved by the BOD, scary huh? What you thought this would end soon? rolleyes

Signature

Posted: 23 May 2011 12:40 AM #4

madmaxroi - 23 May 2011 03:29 AM

1.8 billion shares?

DT, thanks for posting this article. Hopefully more investors will get the message…............ 
    :-x

I don’t expect the BOD to do ANYTHING re investor value. They’re just figureheads anyway…..............  just a bunch of “yes sir” toadies.

http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2005/feb/11split.html

Posted: 23 May 2011 12:59 AM #5

John, I don’t even want to get on the topic of the BOD, but as with all BOD’s, they are suppose to look out for the shareholders. This BOD included Schmidt at one time which slowed Apple down and created the animal known as the Droid. Could someone please tell me why the SEC has not put ES behind bars for his actions.

Bill Campbell is probably the only one who should even be there and I don’t even like him. rolleyes  LOL

Signature

• Posted: 23 May 2011 02:04 AM #6

You wanted the numbers, remember?  LOL

Posted: 23 May 2011 02:12 AM #7

I know, careful what you wish for, you just might get it, right? LOL

Signature

• Posted: 23 May 2011 02:35 AM #8

DawnTreader - 23 May 2011 02:19 AM

For the AAPL analysts among our members this is a 10-quarter history of the increase in Apple’s fully diluted shares. Mark’s been waiting for post like this for quite some time.  grin

Snippet: While “share creep” in sequential quarters might appear to be slight, when measured over a 12-month period of time the increase in fully diluted shares becomes material to the eps outcome. During the 10-quarter period illustrated in the graph and data table below the number of fully diluted shares used in quarterly eps calculations has risen about 3.8%.

I get the impression some members are dismayed by the numbers. True?

Posted: 23 May 2011 08:49 AM #9

DawnTreader - 23 May 2011 05:35 AM

It would be instructive (maddening?) to add the the total percentage of “share creep” for the last 10 years to your article. I believe that percent change is something around 1/3.  :-o

Posted: 23 May 2011 09:25 AM #10

So if I use the pre-market price of 331.50 and some basic math you are telling me I could wake up one morning the whopping AAPL price of $172.37 because the BOD chose to dilute shares?

Oh my.  I need to shop for a home defib unit.

• Posted: 23 May 2011 12:32 PM #11

DawnTreader - 23 May 2011 05:35 AM

So you are saying the number of shares rose 3.8% in 2.5 years?

• Posted: 23 May 2011 01:50 PM #12

Sparky - 23 May 2011 03:32 PM

So you are saying the number of shares rose 3.8% in 2.5 years?

That’s correct. The number of fully diluted shares continues to rise.