How often you connect your iPad to computer (iTunes)?

• Posted: 26 May 2011 11:52 PM

Just like to see how many people rarely connects iPad to computer.

Posted: 27 May 2011 05:06 AM #1

Once a week and declining.

Posted: 27 May 2011 11:39 AM #2

I lost track. Maybe a couple times a month, which is probably about how often my iPhone gets synced, too.

Posted: 27 May 2011 12:22 PM #3

As with Treehouse and Jeff I don’t synch very often. Usually when I have a lot of additions or changes to my iTunes/iPod playlists. I let the iPad download app updates, but it is the opposite with my iPhone; I synch that a couple times a week. I have an iHome iPhone/Ipod dock and speaker combination that I use as external speakers for my iMac so my iPhone is connected more often

Signature

“Works of art, in my opinion, are the only objects in the material universe to possess internal order, and that is why, though I don’t believe that only art matters, I do believe in Art for Art’s sake.” E. M. Forster

Posted: 27 May 2011 01:04 PM #4

I actually sync my iPad all the time. I am big on music and put on and take off new music all the time, also I like having a recent backup because I am very anal about my apps and their data.

As for my iPhone, every night. I have too much of my life on there to not have it backed up, and I just plug into my computer to charge so it does everything in one fell swoop. Plus when I go running I sync podcasts over which I know there are some apps that would make that process simpler, but habits die hard.

Posted: 27 May 2011 01:04 PM #5

Daily, generally. During the week when I’m working (job interview this afternoon, I interviewed them(!), twenty minutes later they asked when I could start) it gets very heavy use. This brings the charge down under 50%, so I plug it into the computer overnight and thus sync it.

The same applies to the phone.

Signature

Laurie Fleming - the singing geek

@LaurieFleming

• Posted: 27 May 2011 04:56 PM #6

All the time, minimum once a day. It’s quick, painless and updates my podcasts (which update daily).

And yes, I know there are apps that now update your favourite podcasts for you (e.g. Stitcher).

Signature

wab95

• Posted: 27 May 2011 05:26 PM #7

Laurie Fleming - 27 May 2011 04:04 PM

Daily, generally. During the week when I’m working (job interview this afternoon, I interviewed them(!), twenty minutes later they asked when I could start) it gets very heavy use. This brings the charge down under 50%, so I plug it into the computer overnight and thus sync it.

The same applies to the phone.

BTW Laurie, I noticed your signature. What do you sing? (With respect to this topic thread.)

Signature

wab95

• Posted: 28 May 2011 01:48 AM #8

Whenever I have changes to back up.

• Posted: 01 June 2011 01:04 PM #9

I sync very rarely. I mostly use my iPad (and iPhone) as a web and communication device, not a media player. I rarely listen to music or watch movies on either one so there’s no reason to plug in besides the occasional software update.