DNA Disruption, “Can You Hear Me Now?”

Posted: 29 May 2011 10:53 AM

THIS has been discussed here before. Could this be the Black Swan event that changes AAPLs future, along with all other cell phone manufactures?

Cellphones disrupt DNA, impair brain function and lower sperm count, say scientists from Turkey, Russia and Israel, who present their results at a conference today in Turkey.

Professor Nesrin Seyhan, a World Health Organization and NATO advisor from Gazi University in Ankara says just four hours of exposure to RF-EMF disrupts the ability of human brain cells to repair damaged genes.

Other new work from Australia shows damage to human sperm, confirming a similar report from Northern Ireland last week.

And THIS story from Cancer.Gov.

Additional studies have investigated the risk of developing glioma, meningioma, and acoustic neuroma. Results from the majority of these studies have found no association between hand-held cell phone use and the risk of brain cancer (6?11); however, some, but not all, studies have suggested slightly increased risks for certain types of brain tumors (12, 13).

I see the industry being forced to take the same path that the tobacco industry took a couple of decades ago. Voluntary warnings, than government investigations and finally the levy of huge fees, taxes and regulations. Hopefully, if any of this ever materializes it will be far off into the future.

:apple:

Posted: 29 May 2011 11:32 AM #1

Nope.  Don’t see it happening. 

The sun is known to cause cancer but you don’t see people walking around in Saran wrap.

• Posted: 29 May 2011 11:42 AM #2

Nagrani - 29 May 2011 02:32 PM

The sun is known to cause cancer but you don’t see people walking around in Saran wrap.

I agree.  I’d be shocked if cell phones were even 1% as harmful as tobacco products.

• Posted: 29 May 2011 12:05 PM #3

A research team at the University of Athens will also discuss today how acute exposure to GSM signals causes DNA fragmentation in insects? ovarian cells, drastically reducing their reproductive capacity. Long exposures induced cell death, they say.

We’ve been broadcasting GSM signals here in Minnesota for quite a few years now so I guess this explains why all the mosquitoes are dead.  No wait…,got bit yesterday by one.  Never mind.

Signature

I don’t mind being wrong…,I just hate being wrong so FAST!

• Posted: 29 May 2011 12:08 PM #4

mcharliem - 29 May 2011 02:42 PM
    Nagrani - 29 May 2011 02:32 PM

I agree.  I’d be shocked if cell phones were even 1% as harmful as tobacco products.

Also it’s not as if the iPhone is any worse than any of the other devices. I seem to remember a while back there was a report saying that the iPhone was very good in terms of radiation emission.

Here are the worst: http://reviews.cnet.com/2719-6602_7-291-2.html

Although not very current.

[ Edited: 29 May 2011 12:12 PM by John Molloy ]

Signature

• Posted: 29 May 2011 01:34 PM #5

Interphone researchers reported that, overall, cell phone users have no increased risk for two of the most common types of brain tumor?glioma and meningioma. In addition, they found no evidence of increasing risk with progressively increasing number of calls, longer call time, or years since beginning cell phone use. For the small proportion of study participants who reported spending the most total time on cell phone calls, there was some increased risk of glioma, but the researchers considered this finding inconclusive. The study was published online May 17, 2010, in the International Journal of Epidemiology (5).

I believe this one. You believe whichever you want.

• Posted: 29 May 2011 02:11 PM #6

earbuds help. smile