Yes
No

Posted: 29 May 2011 07:24 PM

Poll for AFB

[ Edited: 29 May 2011 07:30 PM by Nagrani ]      
  • Posted: 29 May 2011 08:07 PM #1

He’s earned it. He loves it.

• Posted: 29 May 2011 10:18 PM #2

I was going to vote “no”. Then I reversed myself. iOS 5 could be something special. No way he’d want to miss out on introducing that.

Posted: 30 May 2011 01:05 AM #3

Yes for me.

Signature

Adversity does not just build character, it reveals it.

Posted: 30 May 2011 05:58 AM #4

If he does…  there’s a rally right there..  even if it’s only a tight one..

• Posted: 30 May 2011 12:38 PM #5

Last year, “S.J.‘s Kicks Off w/Keynote On June 7th…”,was announced on Mon. May 24th.(Mon. before Memorial Day which fell on the 31st).
    Stock up 4 on the 24th and finished up 10 for the week.
    Is this a clue to anything? Or insignificant?

Posted: 30 May 2011 12:54 PM #6

I think if he doesn’t plan on attending - Apple will issue a press release tomorrow.  Last thing Apple wants is for the media to be foused on a no show by Steve vs what Apple is going to show in terms of software and possibly hardware. 

More I think of it - more I think June is going to be big for AAPL

• Posted: 30 May 2011 02:31 PM #7

Nagrani - 30 May 2011 03:54 PM

More I think of it - more I think June is going to be big for AAPL

I’ve been harping on the importance of iOS 5, but the more I think about it, the more I think that Apple is anxious to get the word out about Lion too. I don’t think Lion is too exciting from a developer’s point of view. (Although, I’m not a developer and I could be totally wrong). But making the Mac more iPad like may be a very big deal to consumers. Engineers and developers and Geeks want cool new features. Ordinary end users want consistency, ease of use, intuitiveness. My guess is that Lion will disappoint the former and satisfy the latter.

Posted: 31 May 2011 09:53 AM #8

... and we have our answer.

Steve will be delivering the Keynote at WWDC.

• Posted: 31 May 2011 09:55 AM #9

CdnPhoto - 31 May 2011 12:53 PM

YAY!

Signature

• Posted: 31 May 2011 10:04 AM #10

rattyuk - 31 May 2011 12:55 PM
    CdnPhoto - 31 May 2011 12:53 PM

YAY!

Very exciting. There’s every reason to believe that iOS 5 is going to be something special. And while the cutting edge of geekdom (i.e. us) may be aware of Lion’s features, Jobs knows that he’s getting worldwide press coverage and he’s going to exploit it to spread the word about Lion throughout the land.

Can hardly wait for next Monday.

Posted: 31 May 2011 10:07 AM #11

FalKirk - 31 May 2011 01:04 PM

Very exciting. There’s every reason to believe that iOS 5 is going to be something special. And while the cutting edge of geekdom (i.e. us) may be aware of Lion’s features, Jobs knows that he’s getting worldwide press coverage and he’s going to exploit it to spread the word about Lion throughout the land.

Can hardly wait for next Monday.

I think it also lets the investor community know that he’s doing fine. We know Apple is stronger than one person, but the general public see Apple=Steve Jobs.

Normally, they don’t go into as much detail on what the Keynote will be about. This time, they’ve specifically mentioned three big items. Could there be “one more thing”? or is this a way for Apple to let the market and tech watchers know that there won’t be an iPhone at this event?