WWDC Poll Number 2

Posted: 30 May 2011 07:20 AM #16

petertje - 30 May 2011 09:09 AM

I think they will not announce a new iPhone if they can’t ship immediatelly after announcement. The drop in sales will be to big to accept.I think there will be announcement of iCloud, but that is not hardware wink

I’m fairly sure that there has always been a delay between iPhone announcement and it’s ship date.

Apple loves people camping in lines outside it’s stores.

Signature

Full Disclosure:

- Long Apple
    - Pro: Apple HDTV, iPhone Air, Stock split, Consumer robotics

Posted: 30 May 2011 10:31 AM #17

Drew Bear - 30 May 2011 06:57 AM

I thought the poll question centered around WWDC. No, I do not think a new iPhone will be introduced or announced at WWDC. But it will be announced later in June or early July. Make sense this time? :-D

That’s pretty much how I’m ‘guessing’ it will go also.

Also, an icloud announcement at WWDC will be a real yawn as far as WS is concerned. Might even generate a sell off on fear that it’s a mistaken use of capital. There will be a LOT of naysayers about the icloud.

cheers
        JohnG

Posted: 30 May 2011 11:26 AM #18

iPhone hardware announcement followed by an iPhone and iPad sales reports is what Wall Street.    If no hardware announcement, then the sales report is the optimistic news that WS wants.

Other encouraging items could be Apple Television (unlikely), iTunes subscription (definitely in the cards) and any announced timetable for actual products in the iOS area.

Finally, pricing and final features of Lion is the 3rd general area of priority.

The easier it is to upgrade to iOS 5 and Lion, the better.  Rosetta is a requirement for me in the short term.  So, I won’t be in the early adopters until I get some upgrades.

Posted: 30 May 2011 03:01 PM #19

I said yes. IMO there will be a A5 chip in the iPhone 4s. iPhone 4s will be introduced in june/July simply because they can, maybe a world phone,  and because Apple cannot make enough phones to supply a new product and introduce it all over the globe at the same time.
    iPhone 5 later this year in N. America and Europe,  a 4g capable world phone. iPhone 3Gs continued for a limited time at $49. Different phones and maybe different price points to better compete with the Android horde.
    So by the end of this year my guess is there will be 3 phones in production.
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 4s
    iPhone 3Gs

• Posted: 30 May 2011 03:57 PM #20

Well, the “nea’s” were way ahead last night, but the “yea’s” have made a serious comeback today!

Posted: 30 May 2011 04:49 PM #21

mstrmac - 30 May 2011 06:01 PM

I said yes. IMO there will be a A5 chip in the iPhone 4s. iPhone 4s will be introduced in june/July simply because they can, maybe a world phone,  and because Apple cannot make enough phones to supply a new product and introduce it all over the globe at the same time.
    iPhone 5 later this year in N. America and Europe,  a 4g capable world phone. iPhone 3Gs continued for a limited time at $49. Different phones and maybe different price points to better compete with the Android horde.
    So by the end of this year my guess is there will be 3 phones in production.
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 4s
    iPhone 3Gs

I wrote this up Sunday night but posted this afternoon. Then today we have this from MacRumors. I loathe rumors.grin
    http://www.macrumors.com/2011/05/30/iphone-4s-with-a5-sim-less-major-new-iphone-5-due-in-2012/

• Posted: 31 May 2011 12:10 PM #22

After having read the press release, can I vote “no” for a second time?  :innocent:

Posted: 31 May 2011 12:24 PM #23

FalKirk - you said no to V-phone, correct?

smile
    smile

maybe two wrongs make a right somehow..

• Posted: 31 May 2011 12:31 PM #24

Nagrani - 31 May 2011 03:24 PM

FalKirk - you said no to V-phone, correct?

smile
    smile

maybe two wrongs make a right somehow..

My theory is that if I keep blathering on long enough, I’ll eventually get one of these right.

Hasn’t worked out for me so far, but that’s my theory and I’m sticking to it!
    tongue laugh