AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

Posted: 02 June 2011 07:16 PM #181

alice - 02 June 2011 10:01 PM
    lovemyipad - 02 June 2011 09:57 PM

I’m not terribly thrilled SPX broke support again.

Lovemyipad, please give a TA reading of indices and TA for aapl?  TIA

Alice, here’s a link to my favorite TA guy (outside AFB, of course wink ) :

http://blog.afraidtotrade.com/

Posted: 02 June 2011 07:17 PM #182

omacvi - 02 June 2011 09:20 PM
    zulu - 02 June 2011 09:08 PM

When it becomes clear that they need new blood, then they will split. 10:1 would be amazing.

How much clearer does it have to get?  If the public perceives 350 to be a high price, then by golly it is a high price.  35 would be perceived to be a low price…..

Why Apple Needs a Stock Split
    http://www.thestreet.com/_yahoo/story/11141626/1/why-apple-needs-a-stock-split.html?cm_ven=YAHOO&cm_cat=FREE&cm_ite=NA

Excellent article

He makes some good points, but excellent?

“Apple deserves an F for unlocking shareholder value?”

Maybe if you’ve only held AAPL for 6 months, or are a day trader like some people here, but that statement is just preposterous for real investors. Apple is up 75-80 times for me, depending on the current stock price. How is it Apple’s fault that traders overvalue stocks like NFLX and AMZN, or undervalue the best company in the world? And anyone who puts money into companies with ridiculous P/E’s like AMZN or NFLX without stop-limits is not a wise investor.

For those hoping for a split to increase share price I understand the argument, and for the short term, I think they are right. I agree that people are scared about three-digit share prices (I’ve said here before, I have a math professor friend who calls Apple “expensive”).

But a two-digit stock price would almost certainly lead to AAPL being listed in the Dow 30, and that’s a repository for value stocks (interesting that Schwantz uses the word value). We just got unencumbered from NASDAQ index fund hell. Do we want to be held by every NYSE index fund? Do growth stocks really belong in the Dow 30? An index that currently trades below (accounting for inflation) where it did 11 years ago? The beauty of AAPL is that it has always traded independent of market averages (excepting the the NASDAQ 100 when AAPL composed 20% of it).

This also ignores the fact that Apple has never done 10-1 splits, always 2-1. Does $175 really make Apple cheap in the retail investor’s primitive little mind?

I want to see AAPL appreciate just like the next guy, but the day traders can go jump in a lake if it means turning Apple into a value stock before its time. Go trade something else for a quick profit.

[ Edited: 02 June 2011 07:20 PM by JDSoCal ]

Signature

We filed for over 200 patents for all the inventions in iPhone and we intend to protect them. — Steve Jobs, 2007

• Posted: 02 June 2011 07:25 PM #183

lovemyipad - 02 June 2011 10:16 PM
    alice - 02 June 2011 10:01 PM
    lovemyipad - 02 June 2011 09:57 PM

I’m not terribly thrilled SPX broke support again.

Lovemyipad, please give a TA reading of indices and TA for aapl?  TIA

Alice, here’s a link to my favorite TA guy (outside AFB, of course wink ) :

http://blog.afraidtotrade.com/

Thanks.  I have it bookmark now for reference.

Posted: 02 June 2011 07:56 PM #184

Mav - 31 May 2011 08:18 PM

The 3GS was presented at WWDC, as with every iPhone after the original.

just bringin’ back to the top, dreamer that I am.

Posted: 02 June 2011 08:38 PM #185

caruso2323 - 02 June 2011 08:54 PM

AAPL was suspiciously weak relative to the NASDAQ, GOOG, AMZN etc… Weekly OE is really limiting AAPL ... Does indeed poised for a pin tomorrow @ 345 ... What a shame !...

I don’t consider it a shame at all if that happens, considering the week (closed at 337-ish last Friday) and that AAPL last saw 345 around May 13.  It’s progress at a good time (leading up to WWDC).

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 02 June 2011 09:43 PM #186

Steve will offer us, the beloved , one more thing. If he does not, he know’s the ramifications. He has something up his, and AAPL’s sleeve. The magical sleeve.

Monday will be viewed as the single best entry point in AAPL’s history! Better than March 2009.

Anything short of a full on double dip recession, will see us at 400.00 before Q3 results.

WS, hath not fully figured in the sleeve of Steve, nor hath they figured in a large cap growing at near 100% in both revenue, and profit per share. WS hath fallen asleep at the wheel. Najarian is the worst flip flopper I know.

These mother huming analists are about to be given their hats, and told to exit stage left. If we do not have a double dip, these stinkers are in for a treat, them short living low life mother hummers, and their respective computer savants.

400 by labor day, and 450 by Jan 1 2012, and go F yourself, you anal, losing money engineering, market timing lifeless trolls.

Lead, Follow, or get the fukk out of the way. We, AAPL are coming through.

Signature

“the power to crush the other kids”

http://www.differentdistrict.com/movies/play.php?id=280_0_28_0

Posted: 02 June 2011 09:46 PM #187

“Tell us how you really feel.”  wink

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 02 June 2011 10:06 PM #188

Mav - 02 June 2011 11:38 PM
    caruso2323 - 02 June 2011 08:54 PM

AAPL was suspiciously weak relative to the NASDAQ, GOOG, AMZN etc… Weekly OE is really limiting AAPL ... Does indeed poised for a pin tomorrow @ 345 ... What a shame !...

I don’t consider it a shame at all if that happens, considering the week (closed at 337-ish last Friday) and that AAPL last saw 345 around May 13.  It’s progress at a good time (leading up to WWDC).

What tickers are you looking at? Nasdaq up .15%, Apple up .17%. To compare one stock with another on a given day isn’t a valuable measurement, so what GOOG and AMZN did is immaterial. I don’t mean this in any way except puzzlement.

Posted: 02 June 2011 10:37 PM #189

$150 Billion in iPad sales per year by 2016? A mind-blowing number.

http://blogs.marketwatch.com/cody/2011/06/02/its-real-150-billion-in-ipad-sales-in-five-years-2/?mod=yahoo_hs

Posted: 02 June 2011 10:37 PM #190

lovemyipad - 02 June 2011 10:07 PM
    BrazilNuts - 02 June 2011 02:18 PM

You should post more insights and analysis. Relief rally (or reflex bounce) and support at the SPX are to watch for. Would keep an eye on the VIX also. GS received a subpoena, the blaming for financial crisis is not over and BKX is down.

Nuts, I know just enough to be dangerous. smile  I don’t want anyone to think I’m smarter than I am…or dumber than I am, for that matter! :D

Yes, really dangerous. grin

Lots of technical damage, market with overbought reading, consolidating. Volatility. Fear. End QE2 or QE3? Moody?s to downgrade US credit? Sovereign debt. Inflation. Summer. Fear. Not all is lost. Relief rally tomorrow after employment data and ISM? Dangerous times for investing. Was it worse in 2008 or 2009? Fear. Good time to hedge if not done yet, tighten stops and be cool. Holding tight to AAPLs.

• Posted: 02 June 2011 10:44 PM #191

BrazilNuts - 03 June 2011 01:37 AM
    lovemyipad - 02 June 2011 10:07 PM
    BrazilNuts - 02 June 2011 02:18 PM

You should post more insights and analysis. Relief rally (or reflex bounce) and support at the SPX are to watch for. Would keep an eye on the VIX also. GS received a subpoena, the blaming for financial crisis is not over and BKX is down.

Nuts, I know just enough to be dangerous. smile  I don’t want anyone to think I’m smarter than I am…or dumber than I am, for that matter! :D

Yes, really dangerous. grin

Lots of technical damage, market with overbought reading, consolidating. Volatility. Fear. End QE2 or QE3? Moody?s to downgrade US credit? Sovereign debt. Inflation. Summer. Fear. Not all is lost. Relief rally tomorrow after employment data and ISM? Dangerous times for investing. Was it worse in 2008 or 2009? Fear. Good time to hedge if not done yet, tighten stops and be cool. Holding tight to AAPLs.

I am planning to pick some apples towards friday end. Lets see how it goes.

• Posted: 02 June 2011 11:26 PM #192

Friday

R4       357.17
      midpoint   355.33
    R3       353.49
      midpoint   351.65
    R2       349.81
      midpoint   348.88
    R1       347.95
      midpoint   347.04
    PP       346.13
      midpoint   345.20
    S1       344.27
      midpoint   343.36
    S2       342.45
      midpoint   340.61
    S3       338.77
      midpoint   336.93
    S4       335.09

Posted: 02 June 2011 11:56 PM #193

Willrob, thank you for posting this regularly.

• Posted: 03 June 2011 01:33 AM #194

The pre-announcement of what will be revealed.  Word sent to the foreign press (if true) that they reaally should be there.  Pre-announcement of Steve Jobs leading the keynote.  These are all highy unprecedented examples of Apple pre-hyping as we have never seen before, at least in my recollection.  This can only mean that the expectation on the part of Apple is that this is going to be a huge Monday.

I, for one, don’t expect any hardware announcements.  I think that Apple gas told the truth about what is coming and that can only mean that iCloud and the new OS’s are going to work together in ways we haven’t guessed yet.  Or will contain things we don’t expect to the tune of major news stories!  I cannot imagine, for example, that this has all been so well choreographed to announce that our iTunes music can now play through our Apple TV.  Something large is up in Cupertino.

[ Edited: 03 June 2011 01:36 AM by ncgo4 ]      

Posted: 03 June 2011 02:02 AM #195

MacManus - 03 June 2011 12:43 AM

analists

I suppose this will be the usual live blogging thing, no live video? I hate not being able to see SJ’s events live!

Signature

We filed for over 200 patents for all the inventions in iPhone and we intend to protect them. — Steve Jobs, 2007