AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

Posted: 03 June 2011 02:20 AM #196

Want the live feed.

Will have to settle for liveblog, most likely.  Can’t remember the last time a WWDC keynote was simulcast on the web.  It does happen for some media events though.

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Teamâ„¢
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 03 June 2011 08:13 AM #197

Um, yes, some options are extremely good; but that chick is spam.

Watching SPX 1300 level carefully. Should bounce off that strong support, but yesterday’s lower low (again) warrants extreme caution.  AAPL holding up damn well IMHO.  Yesterday—compare 1 min intraday charts—fluctuated in rhythm with powerful market tides, thankfully coming out ahead.

I’m thrilled to see June’s max pain up to 340. Getting out of sub-340 territory will be a relief.

Fingers, toes, eyes crossed for Monday.

Posted: 03 June 2011 08:43 AM #198

onprada - 03 June 2011 05:34 AM

This is extremely helpful information,some options are extremely good.

If the milk is sour, I’m not the kind of fool to drink it.

In AAPL related discussion, I’m wondering about the rumors today regarding the $25 a year apple is thinking of charging for it’s icloud supposed music storage service.

If it is simply online storage of music - This seems like a strange amount for apple to charge, seems a bit too small for apple to gain significant revenue from, and seems too expensive for casual users to take up in big numbers.

So i’m thinking if it is indeed $25 a year, there must be much more to the service than just streaming music one already owns.

Signature

Full Disclosure:

- Long Apple
    - Pro: Apple HDTV, iPhone Air, Stock split, Consumer robotics

• Posted: 03 June 2011 09:49 AM #199

Macro data sure isn’t helping this purported breakout…

• Posted: 03 June 2011 10:17 AM #200

Is the keynote Monday morning going to be broadcasted live somewhere?

Posted: 03 June 2011 11:25 AM #201

SuperApple - 03 June 2011 01:17 PM

3 liveblog choices, and many more probably

HERE
    HERE
    HERE
    Hosting provided by FotoTime

[ Edited: 03 June 2011 11:29 AM by zulu ]      
  • Posted: 03 June 2011 11:31 AM #202

zulu - 03 June 2011 02:25 PM
    SuperApple - 03 June 2011 01:17 PM

3 liveblog choices, and many more probably

HERE
    HERE
    HERE
    Hosting provided by FotoTime

Thanks Zulu

Posted: 03 June 2011 12:29 PM #203

Good Morning Boys and Girls

Well the market is dragging us down this morning.  My gut says that come monday late afternoon we will see sub 340.  Not too excited about the iCloud and WS will punish aapl with no iPhone.

We should recover for the rest of the week since we did hit a high of 352 this week and we should slowly make our way there again.

We just need to be patient for two more months.

Posted: 03 June 2011 12:32 PM #204

MacManus - 03 June 2011 12:43 AM

Anything short of a full on double dip recession, will see us at 400.00 before Q3 results.

WS, hath not fully figured in the sleeve of Steve, nor hath they figured in a large cap growing at near 100% in both revenue, and profit per share. WS hath fallen asleep at the wheel.

The smartest guys in the room are buying guns.

As I explained to a fellow family member yesterday while purchasing a new truck, the reason I’m not buying equities is because of a lack of confidence in our nations ability to sustain the status quo.

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

• Posted: 03 June 2011 12:42 PM #205

Eric Landstrom - 03 June 2011 03:32 PM
    MacManus - 03 June 2011 12:43 AM

Anything short of a full on double dip recession, will see us at 400.00 before Q3 results.

WS, hath not fully figured in the sleeve of Steve, nor hath they figured in a large cap growing at near 100% in both revenue, and profit per share. WS hath fallen asleep at the wheel.

The smartest guys in the room are buying guns.

As I explained to a fellow family member yesterday while purchasing a new truck, the reason I’m not buying equities is because of a lack of confidence in our nations ability to sustain the status quo.

I’m already armed to the teeth..  I cant spend any more on guns or ammo..  What to buy next then…..  Maybe some top shelf cognac to go with my guns??  wink

Posted: 03 June 2011 12:44 PM #206

omacvi - 03 June 2011 03:29 PM

Well the market is dragging us down this morning.  My gut says that come monday late afternoon we will see sub 340.  Not too excited about the iCloud and WS will punish aapl with no iPhone.

We should recover for the rest of the week since we did hit a high of 352 this week and we should slowly make our way there again.

A ‘one more thing’ in the form of the iPhone 4s is so not priced in here, I shudder to think what Monday could look like if it appears.

Mav - 31 May 2011 08:18 PM

The 3GS was presented at WWDC, as with every iPhone after the original.

[ Edited: 03 June 2011 12:56 PM by zulu ]      

Posted: 03 June 2011 01:05 PM #207

zulu - 03 June 2011 03:44 PM
    omacvi - 03 June 2011 03:29 PM

A ‘one more thing’ in the form of the iPhone 4s is so not priced in here, I shudder to think what Monday could look like if it appears.

Mav - 31 May 2011 08:18 PM

The 3GS was presented at WWDC, as with every iPhone after the original.

I agree that an announcement will be huge.  But I don’t expect it.  Too much info indicates we will have one later.  I say we will have one two weeks later with a release at the beginning of July.

If we do have an announcement (which I doubt)  It will be the biggest misinformation campaign about a delay that Apple and others I have ever taken.  I just don’t see it.

Apple has decided to time the announcement sperately simply to focus more on what they think is bigger news.  I also think they need more time to make transition between product lines since the iPad 2 intro turned out to be so problematic in terms of production.  Keep in mind that the same folks who build iPhones also build iPads.

Posted: 03 June 2011 01:11 PM #208

Sponge your logic is right on and I actually agree with you, it would be nearly impossible for Apple to have misled so many for so long.  It’s more of a wish than a real possibility, so I’ll let that little fantasy fade away for now.  I hope most people find Cloud more exciting than I do, and I hope it makes them a lot of money.

Posted: 03 June 2011 01:26 PM #209

zulu - 03 June 2011 04:11 PM

Sponge your logic is right on and I actually agree with you, it would be nearly impossible for Apple to have misled so many for so long.  It’s more of a wish than a real possibility, so I’ll let that little fantasy fade away for now.  I hope most people find Cloud more exciting than I do, and I hope it makes them a lot of money.

I agree about the cloud.

I see SJ telling us that most iPhone owners also own an iPod, Mac, or iPad.  The cloud will make it easier to share data between all these devices.  It won’t make money for Apple but just add functional use.  Having my songs or movies in the cloud is not important, but for a teenager who is building their libraries and constantly adds stuff it will be.

I just want to see a better iWeb experience.  Since Apple has neglected it, I am very skeptical that they will work on it.  Flicker, Picasso, and FB dominate that area and Apple does not really want to compete with them since they are so late to the party by charging people $99 for a service everyone gets for free.

Posted: 03 June 2011 01:39 PM #210

omacvi - 03 June 2011 04:26 PM

I agree about the cloud.

I see SJ telling us that most iPhone owners also own an iPod, Mac, or iPad.  The cloud will make it easier to share data between all these devices.  It won’t make money for Apple but just add functional use.  Having my songs or movies in the cloud is not important, but for a teenager who is building their libraries and constantly adds stuff it will be.

I just want to see a better iWeb experience.  Since Apple has neglected it, I am very skeptical that they will work on it.  Flicker, Picasso, and FB dominate that area and Apple does not really want to compete with them since they are so late to the party by charging people $99 for a service everyone gets for free.

Having songs and movies (and we shouldn’t forget TV shows) in the cloud may not make money directly for Apple, but having all that storage available frees everyone up, teenagers and non-teenagers, to consume much more of what Apple is selling via iTunes. For the past year I had nearly given up on buying anything new from iTunes, limiting myself to what I could rent, because my laptop was full. I finally gave in and upgraded, and the newer machine with its larger capacity has once again allowed me to start consuming more of Apple’s vast offerings. But the laptop is going to fill up fast once again… so we shouldn’t downplay the move going on here with the cloud. Apple is removing one more impediment for their customers to consume more product.

And I doubt they have restricted themselves to just that. Because if that is all the cloud will be doing then why would Apple think all of the developers paying a few thousand dollars to attend WWDC would be interested in it???

Signature

Natura naturans