AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

• Posted: 03 June 2011 02:01 PM #211

I think the iCloud intro on Monday will only be a baby step at first here. Sync your music and media to the cloud. Look for the stock to sell off.

In the future, however, iCloud will be something much bigger given the money and effort apple is throwing at the data center.

Me thinks a NFLX competitor is only natural. When that’s announced, I see good things for AAPL.

Posted: 03 June 2011 02:24 PM #212

Rather than a revolutionary new device, I suspect Apple plans a revolution in the way we use devices, a revolution that will increase demand for those devices. The features in a new phone that folks are clamoring for aren’t revolutionary, in the sense that other companies are also planning to add those features. I suspect Apple is aiming to do what others can’t do. Whether or not the market sees it as a revolution depends on what the company reveals tomorrow, certainly, but I can’t think of a better salesperson than Steve Jobs.

Posted: 03 June 2011 02:28 PM #213

I for one am excited to see what Apple’s cloud plans are.
    iCloud has potential for huge revenue streams in the long term. Cloud computing is the next evolutionary step in terms of on-demand computing with devices now moving towards smartphones,tablets, etc… If executed well it may Apple’s chance to grab a chunk of the enterprise environment.

It may not be exciting to the general public but for developers and techies it represents a huge potential if Apple has a good roadmap. Right now all the industry heavy weights are building a “cloud” and trying to develop a playbook on it with no clear leader yet.

Posted: 03 June 2011 02:32 PM #214

bilter2000 - 03 June 2011 03:42 PM
    Eric Landstrom - 03 June 2011 03:32 PM
    MacManus - 03 June 2011 12:43 AM

Anything short of a full on double dip recession, will see us at 400.00 before Q3 results.

WS, hath not fully figured in the sleeve of Steve, nor hath they figured in a large cap growing at near 100% in both revenue, and profit per share. WS hath fallen asleep at the wheel.

The smartest guys in the room are buying guns.

As I explained to a fellow family member yesterday while purchasing a new truck, the reason I’m not buying equities is because of a lack of confidence in our nations ability to sustain the status quo.

I’m already armed to the teeth..  I cant spend any more on guns or ammo..  What to buy next then…..  Maybe some top shelf cognac to go with my guns??  wink

After The Collapse?, I plan to build an expansionist empire.  :innocent:

You?

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

Posted: 03 June 2011 02:52 PM #215

Apple Execs Are Absolutely Giddy Right Now Says Goldman Sachs
    Shope says, “the company appeared more overtly optimistic on the long-term prospects for the iOS platform than it has been in quite some time.”  Cook said, “he sees no reason why the tablet market shouldn?t eclipse the PC market over the next several years,”

Hmmm, Apple must really be planning to beef up the processor in their tablets if they plan on replacing PCs, but if they can do it cheaply, then Cook has a good reason to be giddy.

Posted: 03 June 2011 04:23 PM #216

Max Pain anyone?

• Posted: 03 June 2011 04:28 PM #217

Is it $340 or $345?

Posted: 03 June 2011 04:54 PM #218

JD quoted 345 yesterday.

Posted: 03 June 2011 05:12 PM #219

Max pain doesn’t apply today.  AAPL ended up the week about $6 up, and resisted the market downturn and the bad news well, with WWDC buzz helping out quite a bit.

All in all, I’m very pleased with the short week’s action.  The fun/scary times start Monday…

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 03 June 2011 06:45 PM #220

Mav - 03 June 2011 08:12 PM

Max pain doesn’t apply today.  AAPL ended up the week about $6 up, and resisted the market downturn and the bad news well, with WWDC buzz helping out quite a bit.

$343.xx wipes out all the 350 calls (15K) and all the 340 puts (9K) (plus a nice helping of 335’s (7K) - third highest puts), which were the top options OI. I’d say AAPL closed right where the options writers would have liked, give or take a buck.

Signature

We filed for over 200 patents for all the inventions in iPhone and we intend to protect them. — Steve Jobs, 2007

Posted: 03 June 2011 06:56 PM #221

Anyone looking for weekly gains on the 350 calls was unfortunately taking a big risk based on 337 last week.  They did, however, get a golden parachute opportunity on Wednesday - hope at least some of ‘em took it.

But I think I see what you mean.  Well, not like the SEC’s gonna do a damn thing about it even if it is in plain sight (their incompetence transcends politics).  Plan accordingly, like always.

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 03 June 2011 07:13 PM #222

Did not particularly enjoy SPX breaking 1300.  All indices in downtrend.