AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

• Posted: 31 May 2011 03:34 PM #46

omacvi - 31 May 2011 04:42 PM
    zulu - 31 May 2011 04:23 PM

A reliable source tells me that the camera will be from Sony.

Yes, but when? Argghhhhhhhhhh! Must have new phone!!!

June 6.  Right before the end of Steve’s Keynote.

Are you serious or just hoping like all of us?

I don’t see an announcement that day.

I can.  Announce availability at end of June, then blow out Sept quarter.  It’s happened before.

Signature

You can’t do more, make more, be more, than the next guy, if you think like the next guy. Think different.

Posted: 31 May 2011 03:38 PM #47

Gregg Thurman - 31 May 2011 06:34 PM
    omacvi - 31 May 2011 04:42 PM
    zulu - 31 May 2011 04:23 PM

A reliable source tells me that the camera will be from Sony.

Yes, but when? Argghhhhhhhhhh! Must have new phone!!!

June 6.  Right before the end of Steve’s Keynote.

Are you serious or just hoping like all of us?

I don’t see an announcement that day.

I can.  Announce availability at end of June, then blow out Sept quarter.  It’s happened before.

Yes, but it can’t be just an announcement.  All new iterations have been presented by Steve.  Can we expect a surprise event then?  When?  Very unlikely at WWDC, though can’t stop hoping.  More likely an announcement after WWDC.  This gives the shorts just enough time to get their positions bought.  Hehehe.

Posted: 31 May 2011 03:40 PM #48

Fine afternoon followthrough here. Just a bit more volume, please. But it is a post-holiday, short week kind of atmosphere, so let’s just scare the shorts right into the close and set up for tomorrow through Friday.

Signature

AAPL: to boldly go where no stock has gone before

Posted: 31 May 2011 03:40 PM #49

Falkirk posted this. I thought this needed to be re-posted here, since the stock is up today:

Apple to Unveil Next Generation Software at Keynote Address on Monday, June 6

CUPERTINO, California?May 31, 2011?Apple? CEO Steve Jobs and a team of Apple executives will kick off the company?s annual Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) with a keynote address on Monday, June 6 at 10:00 a.m. At the keynote, Apple will unveil its next generation software - Lion, the eighth major release of Mac OS? X; iOS 5, the next version of Apple?s advanced mobile operating system which powers the iPad?, iPhone? and iPod touch?; and iCloud?, Apple?s upcoming cloud services offering.

WWDC will feature more than 100 technical sessions presented by Apple engineers. Mac? developers will see and learn how to develop world-class Mac OS X Lion applications using its latest technologies and capabilities. Mobile developers will be able to explore the latest innovations and capabilities of iOS and learn how to greatly enhance the functionality, performance and design of their apps. All developers can bring their code to the labs and work with Apple engineers.

For more details, visit the Apple Worldwide Developers Conference 2011 website at developer.apple.com/wwdc.

Apple designs Macs, the best personal computers in the world, along with OS X, iLife, iWork and professional software. Apple leads the digital music revolution with its iPods and iTunes online store. Apple has reinvented the mobile phone with its revolutionary iPhone and App Store, and has recently introduced iPad 2 which is defining the future of mobile media and computing devices.

Signature

We filed for over 200 patents for all the inventions in iPhone and we intend to protect them. — Steve Jobs, 2007

Posted: 31 May 2011 04:00 PM #50

At this point, while the rally monkey would be premature, enjoying the next 3 minutes would be appropo.  She’s Got Legs!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EXXZVdUJ98

Posted: 31 May 2011 04:30 PM #51

Never bet against AAPL .smile

It will shock you when you least expected.  Let’s see what Friday will look like.

Bye Bye margin call.smile

Posted: 31 May 2011 04:36 PM #52

omacvi - 31 May 2011 07:30 PM

Never bet against AAPL .smile

It will shock you when you least expected.  Let’s see what Friday will look like.

Bye Bye margin call.smile

Shorts will adjust positions today.  Many longs are still waiting for new ATHs.  Me too, though I’ve remained all in since Christmas.

Posted: 31 May 2011 05:01 PM #53

All I can say is DAMN! What a day!

Posted: 31 May 2011 05:01 PM #54

The rally monkey was here.  He may return later in the week, but is off tomorrow I think he said.

[ Edited: 31 May 2011 05:06 PM by zulu ]      

Posted: 31 May 2011 05:02 PM #55

schwing. smile

Posted: 31 May 2011 05:03 PM #56

that was a fine close and gave the shorts who hung in to the end hoping for a slide downwards just what they deserved. The big
    squeeeeeze.

Signature

AAPL: to boldly go where no stock has gone before

Posted: 31 May 2011 05:04 PM #57

Red shirted ensign - 31 May 2011 08:03 PM

that was a fine close and gave the shorts who hung in to the end hoping for a slide downwards just what they deserved. The big
    squeeeeeze.

I’m sure a lot of them (shorts) saw today’s high as a very intelligent point to initiate new short positions.  Good luck to them.

Posted: 31 May 2011 05:06 PM #58

The 3GS was presented by Phil Schiller.

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Teamâ„¢
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 31 May 2011 05:13 PM #59

Mav - 31 May 2011 08:06 PM

The 3GS was presented by Phil Schiller.

Oh, ok I stand corrected.  But it was an event.  Wasn’t that one with the AT&T pres?  That one was not a very exciting presentation as I recall.

Posted: 31 May 2011 05:14 PM #60

Evidently there is a regular duty rally monkey and then there is a swing shift guy that comes in when there is a short squeeze that contunues after hours.

GIFSoup