AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

• Posted: 31 May 2011 05:16 PM #61

zulu - 31 May 2011 08:04 PM

I’m sure a lot of them (shorts) saw today’s high as a very intelligent point to initiate new short positions.  Good luck to them.

Right!  grin
    Coming weeks looking very good indeed:
    The SJ/fud card cannot be played this time and any other fud will be met by a tsunami of positive news/announcements/PR directly from Apple this time + great expectations for the upcoming quarter’s results.
    This may finally unleash the coil…

Posted: 31 May 2011 05:18 PM #62

The 3GS was presented at WWDC, as with every iPhone after the original.

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Teamâ„¢
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 31 May 2011 05:20 PM #63

zulu - 31 May 2011 08:14 PM

Evidently there is a regular duty rally monkey and then there is a swing shift guy that comes in when there is a short squeeze that continues after hours.

Did anyone else notice the rally monkey only came off the picket line when Nuts was laid up as well? Coincidence? who can say….  :wink:

BTW, we miss you Nuts.

Posted: 31 May 2011 05:23 PM #64

snoozzzer - 31 May 2011 08:20 PM

Evidently there is a regular duty rally monkey and then there is a swing shift guy that comes in when there is a short squeeze that continues after hours.

Did anyone else notice the rally monkey only came off the picket line when Nuts was laid up as well? Coincidence? who can say….  :wink:

BTW, we miss you Nuts.

Do Rally Monkeys like lovebugs? Or Anne Hathaway. (well, of course the latter would find favor).

Signature

AAPL: to boldly go where no stock has gone before

Posted: 31 May 2011 05:24 PM #65

Mav - 31 May 2011 08:18 PM

Really?  Oh my, you are really teasing me now!

Posted: 31 May 2011 05:32 PM #66

WHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smile

smile

smile

Posted: 31 May 2011 05:38 PM #67

Let’s have three more days like today and I will feel truly happy.

Have been to shell shocked in the last three months to get overly excited with 10 point days.

They happen so rarely you wonder what is going on.  Obviously the same people who have the power to bring us down can take us up in a heartbeat.

Posted: 31 May 2011 06:09 PM #68

omacvi - 31 May 2011 08:38 PM

Let’s have three more days like today and I will feel truly happy.

Have been to shell shocked in the last three months to get overly excited with 10 point days.

They happen so rarely you wonder what is going on.  Obviously the same people who have the power to bring us down can take us up in a heartbeat.

The clarity provided by Apple’s press release this morning has started a cascade of further speculation about what is coming down the pipe. There has been so little confirmed “news” for so long (earnings call was the last I think), that many took their eye off Apple and invested elsewhere, making it easier for those intent on manipulation to have their way through FUD or “other means” (cough, cough).

But now in the space of only ten hours we have confirmation of SJ at the event, Lion, “Icloud” (with an offical name…..and a strategy to be unveiled_)IOS 5, and the inevitable “one more thing” hanging in the air like tantalizing fruit. So much to do next week that Iwork for Iphone and Ipad was quietly released a week early…but leading immediately to MORE speculation that it will have cloud components so get that software upgraded now so you are ready for next week.

Leaks and rumors will abound for the next six days, feeding on themselves and increasing interest in the stock. Just the way we like it.

Signature

Posted: 31 May 2011 06:11 PM #69

Hi everyone,
    Nice day..
    But to be honest.. The move of today really frightened me, because this confirms that the mere part of your AAPL investment is not in a fast growing company with great products, a very strong balance sheet and very good prospects, but in the health of our CEO.
    Of course we all knew this, but it really surprised me today because, what’s new? I did expect him to present.. And I expect a huge ONE MORE THING as well—> new iPhone.

Perhaps, the real move was not as big, but did it triggers a bit of short squeeze?
    Hopefully we get what we deserve the coming weeks and months—> 400+

Signature

Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment

Posted: 31 May 2011 06:14 PM #70

Red shirted ensign - 31 May 2011 08:23 PM
    snoozzzer - 31 May 2011 08:20 PM

BTW, we miss you Nuts.

Do Rally Monkeys like lovebugs? Or Anne Hathaway. (well, of course the latter would find favor).

Thank you for the cheer ups. Evidently this is a good time to take a rest and let AAPL do the hard work for us. It looks great from the picket line. grin

Posted: 31 May 2011 06:30 PM #71

adamthompson3232 - 31 May 2011 09:17 PM

http://seekingalpha.com/?source=yahoo#article/272637-apple-to-400-by-july/

Whats new?  WE have been predicting aapl at 400 in May since last Sept.

Lets get passed 355 and 364 and hold it and then start to talk about 400.

Like I said, I want to see where we are on Friday and then again next Friday, before I start to feel that tingly feeling up my leg. grin

We ended very strongly and continue to go up in AH.  All indicators of another strong day coming up tomorrow.  Thursday and Friday we could see some profit taking and hopefully very little.

Posted: 31 May 2011 06:37 PM #72

Better link Andy Zaky: AAPL to 400 by July

The next few sessions are very key for Apple. The WWDC is also very key. You don’t want to see Apple sitting at technical resistance at the WWDC. That would pretty much put a nail in the coffin to this rally, which will likely end in failure unless Steve Jobs announces the iPhone 5 or iPhone 4S.

So if Apple is trading near $355 and struggles to break above that mark on the day of the keynote and you see the stock start to fall back, that should raise major warning bells for an impending major sell-off. So far we’re off to a great start, and I’ll keep everyone updated as to Apple’s trading progress as the week goes on. Suffice it to say, this is the start of really good things. This could very well be the beginning of the rally to $400 that everyone has been waiting for. Now if this does indeed happen, I also believe Apple will easily eclipse $450 by January. Again, that assumes we do in fact get this June-July rally. 

Posted: 31 May 2011 06:38 PM #73

zulu - 31 May 2011 08:24 PM
    Mav - 31 May 2011 08:18 PM

Really?  Oh my, you are really teasing me now!

Just wanted to bring that telling little tidbit to the top.

Posted: 31 May 2011 06:50 PM #74

omacvi - 31 May 2011 09:30 PM

Like I said, I want to see where we are on Friday and then again next Friday, before I start to feel that tingly feeling up my leg. grin

That tingly feeling is from me taking your $2. Sucker! tongue laugh

Signature

Adversity does not just build character, it reveals it.

Posted: 31 May 2011 07:02 PM #75

redge - 31 May 2011 09:36 PM
    blis - 31 May 2011 09:11 PM

Hi everyone,
    Nice day..
    But to be honest.. The move of today really frightened me, because this confirms that the mere part of your AAPL investment is not in a fast growing company with great products, a very strong balance sheet and very good prospects, but in the health of our CEO.
    Of course we all knew this, but it really surprised me today because, what’s new? I did expect him to present.. And I expect a huge ONE MORE THING as well—> new iPhone.

Perhaps, the real move was not as big, but did it triggers a bit of short squeeze?
    Hopefully we get what we deserve the coming weeks and months—> 400+

I would attribute almost all of today’s positive move to news that Steve Jobs will open the conference. Interestingly, the stock closed about $17 short of its 2011 high. I’m not sure what to make of that. Of course, today’s close may not fully reflect investor reaction, which may take a few days to fully reveal itself. It’s also interesting that volume, while above average, was not dramatically higher.

Expect a few investmetn houses to issue comments tonight on the Apple press release, along with their share of speculation about what is coming next week and what it all means. Feed the beast.

While profit taking could occur any time this week, I see a counter trend building toward not missing out on whatever magic might be announced next monday. Institutional money still has time to get to work….

Signature