AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

Posted: 06 June 2011 12:21 AM #16

Prazan - 06 June 2011 02:58 AM

What percentage of folks in the U.S. are bumping against download limits? I have this problem in Europe, where I’m on DSL, but not in my place in the U.S., where I have cable. That isn’t an argument, by the way. Just a question I don’t have an answer to.

I am on Hughesnet satellite, and we are on a 425 meg/day cap. the cheaper plans are even lower caps. I use wifi at work to download software, video, etc.

Signature

I’ve never owned a windows PC. Never will.

High tech Meditation Music

Posted: 06 June 2011 12:22 AM #17

Sponge, is it really a fair comparison to make when one phone is sold at full price and the other is usually BOGO free?

Signature

Adversity does not just build character, it reveals it.

Posted: 06 June 2011 12:22 AM #18

Mercel - 06 June 2011 01:55 AM
    JDSoCal - 06 June 2011 12:37 AM
    Nagrani - 06 June 2011 12:20 AM

The weekly game of using common stock to get options to price at max pain is getting old - fast… Now that folks on the yahoo msg board know about it - how much longer can it last?

Forever, so long as retail investors keep buying options. And based on what I have been reading here, that isn’t stopping anytime soon.

It’s like saying, “We’re on to you starving wild pitbulls wanting to eat our porkchop underwear,” then going back into their kennel wearing more porkchop underwear, murmuring, “this can’t last, we’re onto you little bastards.”

Kind of like how people still play Roulette and slot machines.

I’m writing some calls this week:  If you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em.

Now there’s a guy who has changed his underwear. In fact, he might be eatin’ some porkchops.

Signature

We filed for over 200 patents for all the inventions in iPhone and we intend to protect them. — Steve Jobs, 2007

Posted: 06 June 2011 12:36 AM #19

mbeauch - 06 June 2011 03:22 AM

Sponge, is it really a fair comparison to make when one phone is sold at full price and the other is usually BOGO free?

I think most Droids are not free.  And no its not fair, but WS does not look at the whole picture but just numbers.  They see Android surpassing the iPhone and Apple no longer brags about daily activations but profits. 

I recall when we went nowhere after the iPhone came out.  For 6 months we stayed between around 100.  WS could not see how the iPHone could compete with the Blackberry.  We did not see the pain the iPHone caused until 2010.  Three years later.  WS shoots first then asks questions.

One more year after the iPHone 6 comes out and the iPad 3, WS will figure out that the iOS eco system is here to stay and the copy cats will be fighting for scrums.

I don’t want anyone to thing we will see this big push in our stock no matter how great SJ makes the iOS updates.

Posted: 06 June 2011 09:03 AM #20

“AAPL Not Likely to Feel the Chill from Recent Economic Numbers”

http://seekingalpha.com/article/273391-apple-not-likely-to-feel-chill-from-recent-economic-numbers

Posted: 06 June 2011 09:20 AM #21

+2.12 premarket…  Fingers crossed…

Posted: 06 June 2011 09:36 AM #22

lovemyipad - 06 June 2011 12:20 PM

+2.12 premarket…  Fingers crossed…

Doncha mean paws crossed? grin

I’m midly optimistic, not expecting a new iPhone, expect more that WS/press won’t “get it” whatever it is. I should just go golfing so I won’t make any rash decisions today!

My biggest problem with all the Cloud/time machine talk are the bandwidth issues out there.

Posted: 06 June 2011 10:40 AM #23

I’d say a selloff is in the works if it isn’t better than expected news looking at the option action IMO.

Posted: 06 June 2011 10:40 AM #24

Keeping Friday?s view of a relief bounce soon maybe at test of April?s low at 1295. With everyone now expecting this test, odds are better that with the fear of a breakdown and correction, we get the rebound. SPX now at 1299.00 down -0.09%.

VIX at 18.20 up 1.39%. Markets should stabilize a bit later.

AAPL starting with a gap up, at $344.87 volume at 1 million shares traded. If markets rebound, AAPL should do well through the opening of today?s event.

Posted: 06 June 2011 10:51 AM #25

lovemyipad - 06 June 2011 12:13 AM

My official prediction for the week: I have NO flippin idea!!!

After three weeks of falling, we’re still falling.

Visually depicted.

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

Posted: 06 June 2011 11:03 AM #26

SPX 1294.70 tested once and rebound now 1295.08. AAPL getting more momentum now $346.80 up 1.03. Volume at 2.4 million shares traded.

Waiting for a relief/technical rebound.

Posted: 06 June 2011 11:18 AM #27

John Gruber predicts iCloud will be the new iTunes:

http://daringfireball.net/2011/06/wwdc_2011_prelude

I’ve noticed some among the cognoscenti are getting more and more excited by the impending announcement, expecting something revolutionary rather than just evolutionary.

[ Edited: 06 June 2011 11:36 AM by Prazan ]      

Posted: 06 June 2011 12:48 PM #28

omacvi - 06 June 2011 03:36 AM
    mbeauch - 06 June 2011 03:22 AM

I think most Droids are not free.  And no its not fair, but WS does not look at the whole picture but just numbers.  They see Android surpassing the iPhone and Apple no longer brags about daily activations but profits. 

I recall when we went nowhere after the iPhone came out.  For 6 months we stayed between around 100.  WS could not see how the iPHone could compete with the Blackberry.  We did not see the pain the iPHone caused until 2010.  Three years later.  WS shoots first then asks questions.

One more year after the iPHone 6 comes out and the iPad 3, WS will figure out that the iOS eco system is here to stay and the copy cats will be fighting for scrums.

I don’t want anyone to thing we will see this big push in our stock no matter how great SJ makes the iOS updates.

Sponge, WS was right with the first iphone. That is why Apple dropped the price. rolleyes  I bought the first iphone and was very happy to get my credit, but most people were not going to pony up $600 to buy a phone. Sponge, AAPL is at 345, it is not like it has fallen off a wagon. I don’t think anyone believes there will be a big push from today’s announcement. When it comes to Apple, WS is looking for new revenue streams (Hardware) and it just does not seem like there will be any. Sure, there may be upgrades, but that is not a new product. To me, AAPL has held up so well because we have lost an entire quarter of earnings (again) and July earnings are getting closer by the day. The light bulb may have turned on to the fact that there will not be a new iphone transition and this means solid numbers with fantastic margins, just a swag.

Signature

Adversity does not just build character, it reveals it.

Posted: 06 June 2011 12:56 PM #29

Meanwhile, out in the real world, how can real people use cloud computing?

The cloud will never see any of my financing, trading, or other money manager activities for the sake of security.

I like my toe-tappers on my local devices.

I own licenses for my software and since those apps are largely of a financial nature, there is no way I want any of that data backed up to a cloud.

I can see cloud being useful to back up music, video, and photo libraries but what else?

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

Posted: 06 June 2011 01:07 PM #30

mbeauch - 06 June 2011 03:48 PM

..........To me, AAPL has held up so well because we have lost an entire quarter of earnings (again) and July earnings are getting closer by the day. The light bulb may have turned on to the fact that there will not be a new iphone transition and this means solid numbers with fantastic margins, just a swag.

Good Morning Boys and Girls

The show will start in one hour.

Mark,

I agree with you.  In the last 4 weeks I have seen 4 people around me buy new iPhone 4.  Some did so just because it was white.  On Saturday I saw a commercial for the 3GS on TV.  Apple is selling million of iPHone 4 and 3GS and we will have a great quarter.  WS should be thrilled that Apple can do so well with two phones.  One is two years old (amazing margins) and the other is one year old.  I have lost track of how many new Android phones came out in the last 12 months.  WS needs to realize that Apple has created a cash cow called the iPhone upgrade cycle.  And every year that base gets bigger and bigger.  No need for any new products for at least 3 years.

Our stock is playing the roller coaster game that is usual for a big day.  We did it when the first iPad and second iPad were introduced.

Eric,f

I agree with you.  I don’t see the cloud much more then an alternative for music, video, and pictures.  Everything else people will keep on their computers.  It is not a game changer yet.