AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

Posted: 06 June 2011 01:08 PM #31

Walmart drops price on iPhone4 to $147.

Interesting….

Posted: 06 June 2011 01:12 PM #32

ChasMac77 - 06 June 2011 04:08 PM

Walmart drops price on iPhone4 to $147.

Interesting….

I wish it says something, but I suspect that Walmart is not getting the love when it comes to selling iPhones.  Most people don’t even think about buying one there.  I want those Target folks to come over buy the iPHone and $100 worth of groceries and stuff on the same trip.  I see it as a traffic generator and nothing else.  They don’t even have it in stock for pits sake.

Posted: 06 June 2011 01:12 PM #33

Eric Landstrom - 06 June 2011 03:56 PM

Meanwhile, out in the real world, how can real people use cloud computing?

The cloud will never see any of my financing, trading, or other money manager activities for the sake of security.

I like my toe-tappers on my local devices.

I own licenses for my software and since those apps are largely of a financial nature, there is no way I want any of that data backed up to a cloud.

I can see cloud being useful to back up music, video, and photo libraries but what else?

Access to everything you assign to the cloud across platforms and devices.

Posted: 06 June 2011 01:12 PM #34

Eric Landstrom - 06 June 2011 03:56 PM

Meanwhile, out in the real world, how can real people use cloud computing?

I can see cloud being useful to back up music, video, and photo libraries but what else?

For myself that is completely true Eric. I don’t see the big deal, yet. Apple has educated me into needing things in the past though.  grin

I would really like to see Apple take on Netflix. Either buy them or join in the fray and go after the movie/TV entertainment dollars.

• Posted: 06 June 2011 01:23 PM #35

Not even a run up to the event….. patience is thin while we watch Apple confined to the batter’s box.  Practice swings are wearing out my shoulders.

I want to see Apple score some runs today but fear we’ll only see singles.  And WS could care less that Apple has a 20 run lead on the competition.

Posted: 06 June 2011 01:24 PM #36

By the way, my 18000 photo library has grown to 10 GB. At the 0.51 Mb/s (around 0.065MB/s) upload speed we get with a 50 dollar a month Rogers account here in Canada, it would take about 42 continuous HOURS to get it UP in the “cloud”.

And then you know the American government would have “backdoor” access to all your stuff too.

No thank you.

Posted: 06 June 2011 01:32 PM #37

Isn’t it interesting how the more we downplay the event the lower the stock goes. :-o

Maybe this time we actually move in the opposite direction and it takes off like rocket as soon as the event ends. rolleyes  I don’t think so.

Posted: 06 June 2011 01:41 PM #38

char2010 - 06 June 2011 04:24 PM

By the way, my 18000 photo library has grown to 10 GB. At the 0.51 Mb/s (around 0.065MB/s) upload speed we get with a 50 dollar a month Rogers account here in Canada, it would take about 42 continuous HOURS to get it UP in the “cloud”.

And then you know the American government would have “backdoor” access to all your stuff too.

No thank you.

Not to mention side door access for the Canadian government, acting in collusion with RIM.

• Posted: 06 June 2011 01:43 PM #39

omacvi - 06 June 2011 04:32 PM

Isn’t it interesting how the more we downplay the event the lower the stock goes. :-o

Maybe this time we actually move in the opposite direction and it takes off like rocket as soon as the event ends. rolleyes  I don’t think so.

I still think there’s a 50/50 chance for a catalyst today.  Oh well, owning AAPL beats holding the bank stocks—what a losing hand that’s been.

Posted: 06 June 2011 01:48 PM #40

Prazan - 06 June 2011 04:41 PM
    char2010 - 06 June 2011 04:24 PM

No thank you.

Not to mention side door access for the Canadian government, acting in collusion with RIM.

It goes without saying that the Canadian Govt is not to be trusted either. The guy we have up here has now been enabled to do whatever he wants as of the last vote. Which is what he did anyway even before he had the majority.

<sorry, end of rant. Waiting for Apple to announce they’ve bought Netflix!>

• Posted: 06 June 2011 02:00 PM #41

Start your calculators:  Monthly Rate x No. of subscribers = +EPS?

• Posted: 06 June 2011 02:02 PM #42

Steve on stage. Let the games begin.

Posted: 06 June 2011 02:02 PM #43

Mr. Jobs onstage now

Posted: 06 June 2011 02:04 PM #44

Macrumors live blog talking about how tired and weak Steve Jobs sounds….

Posted: 06 June 2011 02:09 PM #45

Apple must be talking hamburgers instead of computers: MCD is higher today than AAPL.

Hey Wall Street, Macintosh != McDonalds!

:(

Signature

Tightwad.