AAPL Historic P/E Ratios

Posted: 08 June 2011 04:39 PM

Guys,

I’m looking for a link to website that can show me AAPL’s historic P/E ratios for the last 3-5 years - plotted quarterly, monthly or weekly - any suggestions?

I have a good handle on where I think EPS will be (give or take a few dimes) and I want to see where the share price will be based on a guess of P/E—this will help me feel comfortable or uncomfortable with the lEAPS I am holding on to..

• Posted: 08 June 2011 04:49 PM #1

What are you holding (leaps)?

• Posted: 08 June 2011 05:39 PM #2

Nagrani - 08 June 2011 07:39 PM

Guys,

I’m looking for a link to website that can show me AAPL’s historic P/E ratios for the last 3-5 years - plotted quarterly, monthly or weekly - any suggestions?

I have a good handle on where I think EPS will be (give or take a few dimes) and I want to see where the share price will be based on a guess of P/E—this will help me feel comfortable or uncomfortable with the lEAPS I am holding on to..

I don’t know of any link, but I have a spreadsheet that includes daily hi and low PEs going back to Nov 4, 2004.

Signature

You can’t do more, make more, be more, than the next guy, if you think like the next guy. Think different.

Posted: 08 June 2011 05:52 PM #3

Gregg Thurman - 08 June 2011 08:39 PM
    Nagrani - 08 June 2011 07:39 PM

Guys,

I don’t know of any link, but I have a spreadsheet that includes daily hi and low PEs going back to Nov 4, 2004.

I’m holding a bunch of 2012 LEAPS - strike price 400…

GT - can you hook me up with the spreadsheet - just sent you PM..

Posted: 08 June 2011 05:57 PM #4

You can chart it here but need a pro account to download the raw data
    http://ycharts.com/companies/AAPL/pe_ratio

• Posted: 08 June 2011 07:12 PM #5

Be very careful in using p/e ratios prior to the retrospective adjustment for the elimination of deferred revenue accounting on the iPhone. The “official” eps understates earnings from the iPhone and AAPL may have traded higher relative to earnings as a result. This will impact the p/e multiples from the release of the iPhone in 2007 until the end of FY 2009.

Posted: 08 June 2011 07:24 PM #6

Here is AAPLs most critical issue:

http://ycharts.com/companies/AAPL/pe_ratio#zoom=1