Updated Mac hardware in July?

Posted: 09 June 2011 11:34 AM

Lion will be available in July and Mac OS X Server will be an inexpensive App Store download when that happens.  When Lion launches its likely that the “Server” configurations will no longer be a build to order option from the Apple Store.  It would be an opportune time for Apple to update these products while they are updating the build to order options.

Mac Pro: Last update 317 days ago, currently has a “Server” configuration.

Mac Mini: Last update 359 days ago, also has a “Server” configuration.

MacBook: Last updated 387 days ago.  Needs a refresh for back to school.

Posted: 10 June 2011 01:06 AM #1

adamthompson3232 - 09 June 2011 02:37 PM

There’s been talk of new MBA’s too.

A MBA release next Tuesday could drive Mac sales up close to 4.5m for the quarter. This release is one of the big cliff-hangers as far as this quarters #‘s are concerned. IMO!

cheers to the longs
        JohnG

• Posted: 10 June 2011 01:16 AM #2

johnG - 10 June 2011 04:06 AM
    adamthompson3232 - 09 June 2011 02:37 PM

There’s been talk of new MBA’s too.

A MBA release next Tuesday could drive Mac sales up close to 4.5m for the quarter. This release is one of the big cliff-hangers as far as this quarters #‘s are concerned. IMO!

cheers to the longs
        JohnG

Current MBAs are shipping inside 24 hour window…I’m hopeful it will be sometime in June, but next Tuesday is unlikely.  I agree:  the sooner the better to drive sales for Q3 2011 (not that it needs it).

Posted: 10 June 2011 12:45 PM #3

Just in time for the back to school announcement.  With those kind of build numbers, I wonder wether they might make a June release.  Leave it to Apple to announce at the end of a qtr and screw with my model numbers :-D