Free Money…

• Posted: 11 June 2011 11:06 PM

Yes I know that sounds like a come-on from some kind of spammers… BUT.

Target are selling iTunes cards at 20% off.

25 dollar cards are going for 20 bucks - at least around here - in south west Florida.

Signature

Posted: 12 June 2011 12:52 AM #1

But wait, there’s more!

Best Buy has all their iTunes cards at 15% off, they had them at 20% off not long ago. Target is the better deal right now.

Grab some before you download Lion!

Signature

I’ve never owned a windows PC. Never will.

High tech Meditation Music

Posted: 12 June 2011 04:58 AM #2

Not on my local Target ad and online it’s still $25 for $25.

Not quite free money, but they are selling the 4 month old HTC Inspire 4G (AT&T) for $19. That’s an 80% discount. Too bad they aren’t having a sale on the 12 month old iPhone 4. I’ll bet they’d have massive lines even if they discounted it by 50%.

• Posted: 12 June 2011 10:38 AM #3

Drew Bear - 12 June 2011 07:58 AM

Not on my local Target ad and online it’s still $25 for $25.

Not quite free money, but they are selling the 4 month old HTC Inspire 4G (AT&T) for $19. That’s an 80% discount. Too bad they aren’t having a sale on the 12 month old iPhone 4. I’ll bet they’d have massive lines even if they discounted it by 50%.

Not all consumers have an easy time weighing the price/value proposition.  The cost of ownership is the difference between what you pay and the amount you receive on sale.  I paid $200 for my iPhone 4.  I expect to receive $300 (or more) on craigslist when the iPhone 5 comes out.  Oh, wait, I’ve MADE money, helping defray the cost of a new one.

Meanwhile, the copycats like HTC don’t offer the consumer any price protection because these phones depreciate faster than cars.  This is another untold story with smartphones.

I dropped by a Verizon store yesterday and overheard a potential customer interested in an iPhone.  The sales clerk was talking the iPhone 4 down (e.g. “it has glass on both sides, so it is not very durable”).  The customer was unswayed and purchased the iPhone.  Smart customer.

Posted: 13 June 2011 01:44 AM #4

First thing that comes to my mind when I hear southwest Florida I think Everglades. I am guessing Naples though? I will inquire around here, thanks for the heads up.

Signature

Adversity does not just build character, it reveals it.