Posts At Eventide AAPL Price Target: $590 Per Share

• Posted: 12 June 2011 04:12 AM

I’ve updated my AAPL price target through the May 1, 2012.

Please see my companion posted titled Why I’m Bullish on Apple for the a comprehensive review of the factors that will fuel strong revenue and earnings growth well into FY 2012 and lead to Apple’s first $40 billion revenue quarter in FQ1 2012.

Snippet: Even at today’s multiple of 15.53 times trailing 12-month earnings Apple’s share price will reach above $425 per share by November 1st, following the release of September quarter numbers and with continued compression of the non-cash earnings multiple. There are no indications the current rate of earnings per share growth will slow between now and the end of the current fiscal year. Returning to an established valuation rage will put the the share price above $465 by that date.

• Posted: 12 June 2011 06:07 AM #1

Just read it on my iphone , really good article and I don’t know why people don’t buy Apple ,
    I believe that most retail Investors don’t read Seeking alpha and read newspapers .
    I will probably try and pubblish some articles in European local newspapers wink

Signature

“The market can remain irrational long than you and I can remain solvent ... ” Keynes

Posted: 12 June 2011 09:51 AM #2

Luigitartaglino - 12 June 2011 09:07 AM

Just read it on my iphone , really good article and I don’t know why people don’t buy Apple ,
    I believe that most retail Investors don’t read Seeking alpha and read newspapers .
    I will probably try and pubblish some articles in European local newspapers wink

most retail investors thing its ‘expensive’ and they get scared away by the nominal number.

I try to tell ‘them’ that it’s like getting a 10-pack of something at Costco…  you know how somethings at costco you just simply have to buy more of?  you can’t break certain packages apart?  Well it’s the same with apple.  It’s like 10 shares of $32.50, but you have to buy 10 at a time, and you have to sell 10 at a time.

people tend to understand that better..  along with explaining the earnings per share and projected.

• Posted: 12 June 2011 10:21 AM #3

blaze biscuits - 12 June 2011 12:51 PM

most retail investors thing its ‘expensive’ and they get scared away by the nominal number.

I try to tell ‘them’ that it’s like getting a 10-pack of something at Costco…  you know how somethings at costco you just simply have to buy more of?  you can’t break certain packages apart?  Well it’s the same with apple.  It’s like 10 shares of $32.50, but you have to buy 10 at a time, and you have to sell 10 at a time.

people tend to understand that better..  along with explaining the earnings per share and projected.

I know but most don’t understand it smile....
    well it isn’t a problem , I ll buy myself even more Apple calls , and Apple shares :D :D

And those “scared” Retail investors who don’t understand it , they don’t know what they will lose ,That day I will be making my way to the bank with my Apple Calls :D ahahah :D

Signature

“The market can remain irrational long than you and I can remain solvent ... ” Keynes

• Posted: 12 June 2011 10:27 AM #4

Maybe Costco should sell it then?  Or, I’ll sell fractional shares at $32.50.

• Posted: 12 June 2011 12:30 PM #5

Mercel - 12 June 2011 01:27 PM

It’s among the reasons the industry created mutual funds.  grin

• Posted: 12 June 2011 01:15 PM #6

Timely piece Robert—now go let it go do some good this week.  grin  Nice charts on a dual y axis too.

• Posted: 12 June 2011 02:58 PM #7

DawnTreader - 12 June 2011 03:30 PM
    Mercel - 12 June 2011 01:27 PM

It’s among the reasons the industry created mutual funds.  grin

If Mutual funds were run in a good and intelligent way based on fundamentals wink
    but most of the mutual funds barely achieve to have a positive return or beat the benchmark wink altough they always get money ....
    And still i m really kind and I censored myself on some mutual funds wink raspberry

Signature

• Posted: 12 June 2011 03:02 PM #8

Seeking Alpha is running an article that AAPL has UPSIDE of 30% coming:

http://seekingalpha.com/article/274447-apple-has-30-upside-potential?source=from_friend

• Posted: 12 June 2011 03:05 PM #9

Seeking Alpha picked up my article as well.

I’m glad I posted it late Saturday for the Sunday reading crowd.  grin

• Posted: 12 June 2011 03:07 PM #10

DawnTreader - 12 June 2011 06:05 PM

Seeking Alpha picked up my article as well.

I’m glad I posted it late Saturday for the Sunday reading crowd.  grin

Excellent!

• Posted: 12 June 2011 03:59 PM #11

Mercel - 12 June 2011 04:15 PM

Timely piece Robert—now go let it go do some good this week.  grin  Nice charts on a dual y axis too.

Thank you. I’m now using Numbers exclusively for my AAPL work and there are some nice chart features in the application. But Numbers does take a bit of an adjustment.

Posted: 12 June 2011 05:08 PM #12

Apple’s projected p/e remains the great unknown, but this is the takeaway from your article that should help everyone rest easy with their long investments in the stock:

“Even at today’s multiple of 15.53 times trailing 12-month earnings Apple’s share price will reach above $425 per share by November 1st, following the release of September quarter numbers and with continued compression of the non-cash earnings multiple. “

• Posted: 12 June 2011 05:57 PM #13

Prazan - 12 June 2011 08:08 PM

Apple’s projected p/e remains the great unknown, but this is the takeaway from your article that should help everyone rest easy with their long investments in the stock:

“Even at today’s multiple of 15.53 times trailing 12-month earnings Apple’s share price will reach above $425 per share by November 1st, following the release of September quarter numbers and with continued compression of the non-cash earnings multiple. “

Yeah. That dawned on me as I was writing and wasn’t a planned part of the original text. I opened the calculator on my iMac, ran some some numbers and said to myself, “wait a minute, there’s something more here.” I’m glad you appreciate the line.

Posted: 12 June 2011 08:36 PM #14

DawnTreader - 12 June 2011 08:57 PM
    Prazan - 12 June 2011 08:08 PM

Yeah. That dawned on me as I was writing and wasn’t a planned part of the original text. I opened the calculator on my iMac, ran some some numbers and said to myself, “wait a minute, there’s something more here.” I’m glad you appreciate the line.

It’s the argument that continues to convince me to add shares. We might continue to see compression but Apple’s phenomenal growth will solve all problems, given time, overcoming even price compression. As you so aptly show, it’s a question of math.

A big shout out to the Santa Clarita valley, by the way. I graduated from WMS Hart High and took courses at both College of the Canyons and Cal Arts.

• Posted: 13 June 2011 12:11 AM #15

Prazan - 12 June 2011 11:36 PM

A big shout out to the Santa Clarita valley, by the way. I graduated from WMS Hart High and took courses at both College of the Canyons and Cal Arts.

College of the Canyons continues to grow by the day and the school just opened an east campus. I just visited your website. “The Autobiography of Nina Zero” is gripping. I’m intrigued by the work.