When Are You Upgrading to Lion?

Poll: Apple is releasing OS X Lion in July. Are you planning on upgrading to the new OS, or are you holding out?
Total Votes: 93
I’m already running the Lion beta.
9
I’m upgrading on launch day.
46
I’m holding out for the first update.
11
I’m giving Apple 6 months to work out the bugs.
15
No upgrade for me because my Mac isn’t compatible.
6
Why upgrade? I’m happy with the version of OS X I already have.
6
  • Avatar

    Posted: 29 June 2011 03:17 PM #31

    I buy more software now than I ever did; in terms of dollars spent too. I got burned by expensive overrated software a couple of times. Now if it doesn’t live up to the hype and star ratings from dubious reviewers I’m not out that much money. Without that risk I’m a lot more apt to hit the BUY button. I don’t know if there are 4 or 5 times as many puchases going on in general though. I also don’t know where SW development costs are today compared to 5 years ago either (adjusted for then-year dollars).

    Signature

    pbg

         
  • Posted: 02 July 2011 03:39 PM #32

    Dorje Sylas - 22 June 2011 02:43 PM

    I’ll also be immideatly upgrading my 10.6 MacMini Server to Lion Server.

    Can you tell us why upgrade to Lion Server?  Still don’t understand the benefits of doing this.

    I’ll be reluctant to upgrade my server.

         
  • Posted: 02 July 2011 07:38 PM #33

    WesGaige - 02 July 2011 06:39 PM
    Dorje Sylas - 22 June 2011 02:43 PM

    I’ll also be immideatly upgrading my 10.6 MacMini Server to Lion Server.

    Can you tell us why upgrade to Lion Server?  Still don’t understand the benefits of doing this.

    I’ll be reluctant to upgrade my server.

    To me the biggest change is the addition of profile management for iOS devices. That could be a big deal for some users. But beyond that, if you want to keep your existing version until it stops receiving security updates, that’s fine too. If it’s a “mission critical” server I’d probably wait for a few updates just to be on the safe side.