iPad/iCloud Target Market

• Posted: 23 June 2011 06:29 PM

I have just watched the WWDC Keynote for the third time.  I am convinced more than ever that Apple will be very happy dominating the 5% of the world’s population that already owns a computer.  That would make them several times larger than Exxon.

But their real target is the 95% that don’t own a computer, and more importantly, have very little if any, computer skills.  “Just point”

iPad: the computer for the rest [95%] of us

Signature

You can’t do more, make more, be more, than the next guy, if you think like the next guy. Think different.

Posted: 23 June 2011 06:39 PM #1

The majority of the masses that do not own a computer, IMO cannot afford one and if that is the case, an iPad with internet service, mobile or ISP, looks as expensive or more than many pc’s.  Convince me they are just waiting for a computer that is easier to use.

Signature

The study of money, above all other fields in economics, is one in which complexity is used to disguise truth or to evade truth, not to reveal it. The process by which banks create money is so simple the mind is repelled.

• Posted: 23 June 2011 06:59 PM #2

macglenn - 23 June 2011 09:39 PM

The majority of the masses that do not own a computer, IMO cannot afford one and if that is the case, an iPad with internet service, mobile or ISP, looks as expensive or more than many pc’s.  Convince me they are just waiting for a computer that is easier to use.

If Apple believed that the 5% ownership number was going to remain static, they would not have mentioned the 95% number.  Apple’s Keynotes and conference calls are vague and obtuse, the metric is important to Apple.  That is why they included it in their presentation.  It is why iPads no longer require a computer to sync.  It is why iCloud is free.

Keep in mind also, that Apple is not addressing the entire 95% today.  But what if Apple increases the pie by just 1%.  That’s a 20% increase in computer/tablet users, with Apple getting nearly all of it.

Signature

You can’t do more, make more, be more, than the next guy, if you think like the next guy. Think different.

Posted: 13 July 2011 12:32 PM #3

The Angel iPad.  Blissful.

Anybody got the IP for that post ?

Posted: 14 July 2011 05:16 AM #4

Since the day of the company incorporation, SJ’s vision is to create an affordable, easy-to-use yet powerful computing device for the rest of us.  iPad/iCloud is the answer.  Through time, expect the price of iPad to get cheaper, if not nominal, at least inflation-adjusted.

Signature

Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.  - Steve Jobs