AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

• Posted: 26 June 2011 04:05 PM

Will AAPL rebound in early Monday trading?

[ Edited: 02 July 2011 02:51 AM by DawnTreader ]      

Posted: 26 June 2011 08:45 PM #1

1)Monday will be interesting since its the day of the Nortel auction. 

It will be an interesting showdown with a couple of players (Google, Apple, etc) that have billions of dollars in cash….. My guess is Apple will prevail at a multiple of what the current stalking horse bid is at (GOOG @ 900Mil)

2) HP is rolling out their iPad competitor - “TouchPad” at the end of the week—will Apple let them announce without trying to steal some of their spotlight with an announcement of their own?

3) The weekly pinning is getting old. With the world knowing of the games being played - will the game change?
    Let’s see.

Overall - I am very optimistic about this week, following a weak opening in the AM tomorrow..

Posted: 26 June 2011 09:39 PM #2

I agree with Nagrani.

A shakeout first thing tomorrow morning, then interest in the stock builds.

The quarter is over and the ‘pro’ analysts will begin to move their numbers up, advising clients first. Their estimates will move from the current 5.60 or so closer to A whisper of 6 bucks. Clients will be advised to “get in early”.

Signature

AAPL: to boldly go where no stock has gone before

Posted: 26 June 2011 10:52 PM #3

Red shirted ensign - 27 June 2011 12:39 AM

I agree with Nagrani.

A shakeout first thing tomorrow morning, then interest in the stock builds.

The quarter is over and the ‘pro’ analysts will begin to move their numbers up, advising clients first. Their estimates will move from the current 5.60 or so closer to A whisper of 6 bucks. Clients will be advised to “get in early”.

The whisper will be very close to the AFB number, watch grin

Posted: 26 June 2011 10:56 PM #4

ChasMac77 - 27 June 2011 01:52 AM

Are you implying what I think you’re implying?  :wink:

Posted: 26 June 2011 11:07 PM #5

We?ve known for many weeks now that a refreshed line of MacBook Airs is incoming, starting with rumors about Airs with Sandy Bridge processors way back then, our report that the current SKUs are constrained across the globe, and a report from Asia that pinpoints a late June launch of the new ultra-thin notebooks. Now, we?ve noticed that major Apple reseller Best Buy is joining the MacBook Air rumor mill.

http://9to5mac.com/2011/06/26/bestbuy-com-stops-shipping-macbook-airs-ahead-of-refresh/

Signature

Tim Cook: iPad is 91% of all tablet web traffic. I don’t know what these other tablets are doing.

Posted: 27 June 2011 12:20 AM #6

Greece will be front and center. That little piss ant country has Europe by the balls and they want to use European financial chaos as a means to extort billions. I really would like to understand what would happen if they were allowed to go belly up. I also wonder what the assets of Greece would fetch om the open market? I would think that would be enough to satisfy the creditors.

Signature

Adversity does not just build character, it reveals it.

• Posted: 27 June 2011 12:55 AM #7

johnG - 27 June 2011 01:56 AM
    ChasMac77 - 27 June 2011 01:52 AM

Are you implying what I think you’re implying?  :wink:

It’s too easy…

Signature

• Posted: 27 June 2011 12:57 AM #8

Katy Huberty recommended AAPL as a buying opportunity today. She also suggests a mid-August production ramp for the next iPhone 5.

If the iPhone 5 is timed with iOS5 readiness, then I think we see production ramp in early August, possibly latter part of July.  My guess is that iOS5 will be GM late July because iOS5 Beta 2 just landed.  Each beta release lasts approx. 2 weeks (based on iOS 4), which puts iOS5 Beta 4 near third week of July, plus or minus a week.  iOS5 should receive gold master after Beta 4 testing is complete.  Any other opinions here?

Assuming there aren’t any hardware issues in production, I’m thinking Apple is ahead of schedule with both iOS5 and the next iPhone. 

Here’s the Huberty article:

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/11/06/26/apple_to_begin_assembling_iphone_5_in_mid_to_late_august__report.html

Posted: 27 June 2011 01:05 AM #9

To think we need to wait until morning to short something on news of the Basel rules.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/central-banks-should-hike-rates-bis-says-2011-06-26

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

Posted: 27 June 2011 01:37 AM #10

Mercel - 27 June 2011 03:57 AM

Katy Huberty recommended AAPL as a buying opportunity today. She also suggests a mid-August production ramp for the next iPhone 5.

If the iPhone 5 is timed with iOS5 readiness, then I think we see production ramp in early August, possibly latter part of July.  My guess is that iOS5 will be GM late July because iOS5 Beta 2 just landed.  Each beta release lasts approx. 2 weeks (based on iOS 4), which puts iOS5 Beta 4 near third week of July, plus or minus a week.  iOS5 should receive gold master after Beta 4 testing is complete.  Any other opinions here?

Assuming there aren’t any hardware issues in production, I’m thinking Apple is ahead of schedule with both iOS5 and the next iPhone. 

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/11/06/26/apple_to_begin_assembling_iphone_5_in_mid_to_late_august__report.html

Would iOS 5 need to be GM before iphone 5 ramp starts? Can apple not produce the units earlier and flash the GM onto the phones closer to release? I’m hoping the extra lead time for iphone 5 will enable a huge stockpile for launch for the first time.

Signature

Full Disclosure:

- Long Apple
    - Pro: Apple HDTV, iPhone Air, Stock split, Consumer robotics

• Posted: 27 June 2011 01:48 AM #11

iOSWeekly - 27 June 2011 04:37 AM
    Mercel - 27 June 2011 03:57 AM

Would iOS 5 need to be GM before iphone 5 ramp starts? Can apple not produce the units earlier and flash the GM onto the phones closer to release? I’m hoping the extra lead time for iphone 5 will enable a huge stockpile for launch for the first time.

I agree that Apple can ramp before GM but there’s some coordination of the hardware and software that I don’t have a grip on.  Any others with insight?

Posted: 27 June 2011 02:10 AM #12

Personally I don’t believe they go to production without the GM in place. That would be asking for trouble IMO. Because I am sure the launch will be at least 2 carriers, I am thinking Apple will sell 2 million on the first weekend. I can’t even begin to think what WS is going to do with the next 3 qtrs and that does not even include China Mobile. WS, boy does Apple have a surprise for you. lol

Signature

Adversity does not just build character, it reveals it.

• Posted: 27 June 2011 02:32 AM #13

Monday

R4       352.38
      midpoint   348.35
    R3       344.32
      midpoint   340.29
    R2       336.26
      midpoint   333.78
    R1       331.30
      midpoint   329.75
    PP       328.20
      midpoint   325.72
    S1       323.24
      midpoint   321.69
    S2       320.14
      midpoint   316.11
    S3       312.08
      midpoint   308.05
    S4       304.02

Posted: 27 June 2011 03:08 AM #14

mbeauch - 27 June 2011 05:10 AM

Personally I don’t believe they go to production without the GM in place. That would be asking for trouble IMO. Because I am sure the launch will be at least 2 carriers, I am thinking Apple will sell 2 million on the first weekend. I can’t even begin to think what WS is going to do with the next 3 qtrs and that does not even include China Mobile. WS, boy does Apple have a surprise for you. lol

Agreed. And just think - with no CDMA 3GS version, Verizon doesnt even have a cheap iphone at the moment - imagine what sales will be like once the $99 iPhone 4 8GB version lands alongside the iPhone 5.

Apple has slowly been getting wider with launches, each time the big international markets are getting closer & closer to the US launch - its one factor behind the iPad 2’s continued 1-2 week shipping timeframes.

Signature

Full Disclosure:

- Long Apple
    - Pro: Apple HDTV, iPhone Air, Stock split, Consumer robotics

Posted: 27 June 2011 04:22 AM #15

With the exception of Mark, even on this forum, I cannot believe that the participants are still talking about AAPL and not this or some other broader, bigger problem that will sweep AAPL along with it. Go ahead and ignore the elephant in the room and the monkeys still driving the car.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/financialcrisis/8600016/European-leaders-prepare-for-a-Greek-default.html

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.