Yes, I am early - Happy 4th of July!

• Posted: 03 July 2011 11:59 PM

Hope everyone has a great one, at least those of us in the US.

For the rest of you… open a can of beer - or a decent bottle or wine or sommat else and enjoy the day. Markets are closed until Tuesday!

Party on…

Me, I am hoping to get some pictures of fireworks…

Keep well!

Signature

• Posted: 04 July 2011 12:06 AM #1

Thank you, Ratty.

I know you live in the U.S., but I thought you were a Brit. I was expecting you to tell US (see how I did that?) to take our stolen tea and shove it.

I remember the father in Mary Poppins (believe it or not, I remember this from 45 years ago) saying that after the American rebels had thrown the tea into the Boston Harbor it made the tea unfit to drink - even for the Yanks! That sounds just about right to me.

Hope everyone has a happy and safe Fourth of July and a very happy and healthy (and wealthy!) every other day of July too.

• Posted: 04 July 2011 12:31 AM #2

FalKirk - 04 July 2011 03:06 AM

Thank you, Ratty.

I know you live in the U.S., but I thought you were a Brit. I was expecting you to tell US (see how I did that?) to take our stolen tea and shove it.

I remember the father in Mary Poppins (believe it or not, I remember this from 45 years ago) saying that after the American rebels had thrown the tea into the Boston Harbor it made the tea unfit to drink - even for the Yanks! That sounds just about right to me.

Hope everyone has a happy and safe Fourth of July and a very happy and healthy (and wealthy!) every other day of July too.

I have UK in my name to say country of origin - not quite the same as country of residence…

Ah, Tea the cause of so much tension between us - some of it personal - could I find a brand of US tea that actually was drinkable when I got here? No! Thank heavens for Publix and their “Ethnic Food” section:

Tea is in the bottom right corner… You “Yanks” prefer it far more watered down raspberry

EDIT: I Lie that is from another store south of here - the top right stuff is perhaps Jewish? Not entirely sure on that….

Here is my local supermarket’s “Ethnic Food: UK Section”:

As you can see, similar, but different.

For those of you in the cheap seats sorry about the absence of Anne Hathaway.

[ Edited: 04 July 2011 12:36 AM by John Molloy ]

Signature

Posted: 04 July 2011 01:07 AM #3

FalKirk, for a second there I thought you were mbeauch!  LOL  (Who attended a fabulous concert a little while ago - hope he was able to take video!)

rattyuk - it’s almost spooky how similar those shelves are.  I gotta try me some “real” British tea one of these days.

Happy and safe 4th of July to everyone!  Hoping for some post-4th AAPL fireworks in the coming weeks.

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Teamâ„¢
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 04 July 2011 01:15 AM #4

Mav - 04 July 2011 04:07 AM

FalKirk, for a second there I thought you were mbeauch!  LOL .

Well, it is true that we never have been seen together at the same time….