GOOG

Posted: 15 July 2011 04:43 PM #16

Gregg, is your iPad number an “optimistic” one as far as Apple resolving its production issues?

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Teamâ„¢
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 15 July 2011 05:58 PM #17

Mav - 15 July 2011 07:43 PM

Gregg, is your iPad number an “optimistic” one as far as Apple resolving its production issues?

No.  With the number of new markets that Apple has opened since launch I believe the adoption rate will be higher than my Q3 estimate.  The question then is, can Apple produce them, or will they continue to have problems.  Given the many reports (PR, earnings and analyst estimates) from various Apple suppliers, I have concluded the problem was with the display, and display production is currently 5M units per month, far more than needed to meet my estimates.

Today at ~3:30EST volume in AAPL shot up like a rocket, moving from ~50K shares per minute to ~150K shares per minute.  That increase amounts to ~ 4 million additional shares in 40 minutes.  That’s institutional buying.  I think everyone saw the price of AAPL zoom up accordingly (over $3.00).

Gene Munster, whatever you think of him, spoke about the disconnect between Apple’s guidance, and actual results, earlier this week strongly implying the delta was a discernible factor.

Signature

You can’t do more, make more, be more, than the next guy, if you think like the next guy. Think different.