AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

• Posted: 17 July 2011 03:51 PM

On Friday AAPL reached an all-time closing high of $364.92. Will the rally continue Monday?

[ Edited: 19 July 2011 03:24 AM by DawnTreader ]      

Posted: 17 July 2011 04:19 PM #1

My “hope” is that the lack of progress over the debt ceiling issue (there’s still 16 days left) dampens the market a little tomorrow.

Part selfish, part not so selfish.  Selfish in that I’d prefer to buy some spare change earnings play weeklies with AAPL more like 360 than 365-370.  LOL  Not so selfish in that the market whistled past “bad” news this Friday and a breather now and then wouldn’t hurt so the overall market can keep its upward momentum.

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 17 July 2011 04:40 PM #2

We move up Monday morning, sideway to down through Tuesday…...then, it all depends on what happens at 2:00 PST..

Signature

AAPL: to boldly go where no stock has gone before

Posted: 17 July 2011 04:45 PM #3

Red shirted ensign - 17 July 2011 07:40 PM

We move up Monday morning, sideway to down through Tuesday…...then, it all depends on what happens at 2:00 PST..

I will be very conflicted on Mon if aapl trades up to the high 360’s. It will be very tempting to take a bit of profit if that occurs. Everyone is bullish right now so that makes me extra paranoid.

cheers to the longs
          JohnG

Posted: 17 July 2011 05:17 PM #4

johnG - 17 July 2011 07:45 PM

I will be very conflicted on Mon if aapl trades up to the high 360’s. It will be very tempting to take a bit of profit if that occurs. Everyone is bullish right now so that makes me extra paranoid.

Long John, paranoid or smart.  The proverbial: be greedy when others are fearful; be fearful when others are greedy. wink

Posted: 17 July 2011 05:44 PM #5

We’re not the proverbial.  We’re human, but we’re also AFB.

Anyone playing earnings is playing with fire (me!).  No one knows the numbers, the guidance or the reaction.  If you’re not taking side bets and you’ve got options expiring more than 3 months out, you can probably just retire to your hammock for the week and come back next Monday to see how everything is.

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 17 July 2011 06:38 PM #6

Mav - 17 July 2011 08:44 PM

We’re not the proverbial.  We’re human, but we’re also AFB.

Anyone playing earnings is playing with fire (me!).  No one knows the numbers, the guidance or the reaction.  If you’re not taking side bets and you’ve got options expiring more than 3 months out, you can probably just retire to your hammock for the week and come back next Monday to see how everything is.

What…,and miss the adrenaline rush?  wink

Signature

I don’t mind being wrong…,I just hate being wrong so FAST!

Posted: 17 July 2011 06:58 PM #7

Fasten your seatbelts BillH…we’re gonna be in for a ride!

(I still have to decide on weeklies or Aug 11 calls.)

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 17 July 2011 08:01 PM #8

Based on my experience, aapl usually makes big moves in either direction after big run ups.

So since it went up $7 points on Friday and ended at HOD then there is a good chance we will keep going up on Monday.  How much is debatable.

The big unknown is the overall market.  We could keep going up but if the market becomes weak as the week moves along, we will lose much of the gains after earnings.

I am surprised we have recovered so much from the lows of 315.  But it bodes well for con’t appreciation. We are in real danger of me being wrong and seeing $400 a share in the next 4 weeks. 

We should have been at about $390-410 right now.  So we seem to be catching up to get there.

I am feeling very bullish short term.  A 3% jump after earnings will put us in the low 380’s and I think the chances of that are about 90% right now.

Holding that and moving higher gets a little more mirky because the market will rule the day.

Posted: 17 July 2011 08:20 PM #9

Crap, Sponge has flip-flopped again. Don’t feel as good now as I did before.

Of course this image of the Sponge always brings a smile to my face.

Signature

Adversity does not just build character, it reveals it.

Posted: 17 July 2011 08:23 PM #10

Mark

You may post that picture as much you like, but the fact remains that I made money this year and will con’t to make money on aapl stock.

When we hit $400 I will be in the same shape I was in Dec 2007.  I proud of hanging on and pouring a ton of my own money into this stock.  It is paying back quite nicely.

Did you ever buy that condo in Vegas?  You may have to use it soon.

Posted: 17 July 2011 09:48 PM #11

Futures red at the moment.

Posted: 17 July 2011 09:52 PM #12

Excellent…

Naw, seriously, if anything we might see AAPL 360 or something, and even then maybe only for a little while.  Tomorrow or the next day, the spare change chips are goin’ on the table!

EDIT:  Buy the dip bid, locked and loaded!

[ Edited: 17 July 2011 10:07 PM by Mav ]

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 17 July 2011 10:25 PM #13

Uh…getting more red…12 more points lower on DJI futures, and we’re allowed to wake up Mercel.

Asian Stocks Decline on U.S. Economic Concern

[ Edited: 17 July 2011 10:29 PM by lovemyipad ]      

Posted: 17 July 2011 10:44 PM #14

Uh-huh?

Nuh-uh.  raspberry

I’m only buyin’ that shiny metal rim if Apple has perfected Liquidmetal assembly.  Because it’s all aluminum or steel for iPhone/iPad now.  The chrome look (no, not the OS) has left the building.

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 17 July 2011 11:04 PM #15

lovemyipad - 18 July 2011 01:25 AM

Uh…getting more red…12 more points lower on DJI futures, and we’re allowed to wake up Mercel.

Asian Stocks Decline on U.S. Economic Concern

Yeah, I noticed.  Looks like I’m buying some options back I sold late Friday.