AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

Posted: 17 July 2011 11:12 PM #16

If I can establish a 365 weekly call position for around $5, I’ll be a happy camper.  Based on my quick check with the CBOE’s iVolatility tools that’ll take a theta-based drop of about 70 cents from today to tomorrow, plus AAPL trading around 361-ish.  Buy the dip!

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 18 July 2011 12:18 AM #17

Mav - 18 July 2011 02:12 AM

If I can establish a 365 weekly call position for around $5, I’ll be a happy camper.  Based on my quick check with the CBOE’s iVolatility tools that’ll take a theta-based drop of about 70 cents from today to tomorrow, plus AAPL trading around 361-ish.  Buy the dip!

Personally, I don’t think you get it down to 361, that’s just me though. :innocent:

Signature

Adversity does not just build character, it reveals it.

Posted: 18 July 2011 12:20 AM #18

Monday, I’m looking for a sale.

If not, I’m buying in on Tuesday, and the higher AAPL goes, the more likely it’ll be Aug 11s instead of weeklies.  Of course, if AAPL gets too high, I’ll save my pocket change for another day, maybe buy another pack of them antacids.

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 18 July 2011 12:32 AM #19

Mav - 18 July 2011 03:20 AM

Monday, I’m looking for a sale.

If not, I’m buying in on Tuesday, and the higher AAPL goes, the more likely it’ll be Aug 11s instead of weeklies.  Of course, if AAPL gets too high, I’ll save my pocket change for another day, maybe buy another pack of them antacids.

Why would a higher price make you need antacids? I have talked to a few people and have a number in mind for Tuesday, I don’t see anything changing that. This “news” is getting old IMO. (Not the debt, Euro) There is not that much news coming this week, so earnings will carry the week IMO. BTW, ay EPS number over mine I will be extremely happy. DT, I hope you are the closest.

Signature

Adversity does not just build character, it reveals it.

• Posted: 18 July 2011 12:54 AM #20

Monday

R4       380.52
      midpoint   377.61
    R3       374.69
      midpoint   371.78
    R2       368.86
      midpoint   367.88
    R1       366.89
      midpoint   364.96
    PP       363.03
      midpoint   362.05
    S1       361.06
      midpoint   359.13
    S2       357.20
      midpoint   354.29
    S3       351.37
      midpoint   348.46
    S4       345.54

Posted: 18 July 2011 01:10 AM #21

mbeauch - 18 July 2011 03:32 AM

Why would a higher price make you need antacids? I have talked to a few people and have a number in mind for Tuesday, I don’t see anything changing that. This “news” is getting old IMO. (Not the debt, Euro) There is not that much news coming this week, so earnings will carry the week IMO. BTW, ay EPS number over mine I will be extremely happy. DT, I hope you are the closest.

Because you can never have enough.  smile

Don’t get me wrong, for me the “real money” in my modest portfolio to be made is in those holdings that aren’t short-term trades.  As long as AAPL goes up I’m happy, the options play for Tuesday is just a side net.  But don’t tell me you won’t get a little nervous if AAPL ramps to 380+ before earnings.  This is AAPL, not NFLX or AMZN.  Expectations are ridiculously high and valuation is ridiculously low.  NFLX and AMZN have had astounding AH jumps in the recent past.  AAPL?  _5%_ up AH and I’ll be dancing in the streets.

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 18 July 2011 01:15 AM #22

Mav, upon a 5% move.

It’s late night…something for the ladies..

Signature

AAPL: to boldly go where no stock has gone before

Posted: 18 July 2011 01:24 AM #23

You presuppose so many things about me with that photo that I don’t even know where to begin.

I’ll pick out one thing I object to:  That’s not in the streets. 

I don’t think that’s dancing either, but I’ll save that for another time.  You sure that’s not YOU, Ensign?  Redshirt with the redeyes and the red-labeled Bud.  wink

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 18 July 2011 01:28 AM #24

Mav - 18 July 2011 04:24 AM

You presuppose so many things about me with that photo that I don’t even know where to begin.

I’ll pick out one thing I object to:  That’s not in the streets. 

I don’t think that’s dancing either, but I’ll save that for another time.  You sure that’s not YOU, Ensign?  Redshirt with the redeyes and the red-labeled Bud.  wink

You doth protest too much….but, hmmm, maybe in my younger, even geekier days.

Signature

AAPL: to boldly go where no stock has gone before

Posted: 18 July 2011 02:14 AM #25

I went to a very interesting kids birthday party today.  A Filipino party.  I took my iPad loaded with at least 50 games because the kids love it.  Was showing pictures we took many years ago, and movies.  Most of the people didn’t own a computer.  “hey what is that?  Oh, an iPad?  Oh.  I want one!”  but they all aspired to own an iPad because they could catch on right away how to use it for photos, games, email, websurfing, chat and the sorts of things they admitted they didn’t know how to do on a ‘computer’.  While I know and you know that if the computer were a Mac, then they would know how to do those things, but, hey if an iPad is all they need, get that for starters.  They would see a picture they wanted and were simply amazed I could email it to them in about 5 seconds and then keep flipping thru the photos.  So, that is who is buying these things, the computer illiteratti.  If they haven’t bought a computer yet, they don’t want one—they want the iPad.

Posted: 18 July 2011 02:34 AM #26

It’s a computer disguised as magic!

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 18 July 2011 03:26 AM #27

Mav - 18 July 2011 05:34 AM

It’s a computer disguised as magic!

The best description I’ve heard to date

Posted: 18 July 2011 03:32 AM #28

Just takin’ a cue from Steve…

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 18 July 2011 04:06 AM #29

I’m still utterly amazed at how many iPads I don’t see out in the wild. I travel frequently and while I do see a few more lately, it is FAR from being common.

Signature

Jan13 $600 or BUST! LEAP Spread Trial: Bought Jan13 590/600 BCS @1.45 on 9-21-2011
    Max Profit: 689%  Current Price:
    4.50 +210% as of 5-2-2012 - Woohoo! Finally Green!

Posted: 18 July 2011 04:31 AM #30

Well, it’s not, relative to iPhone.  There’s more Macs out there than iPads.  It’ll get there, don’t worry.

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.