AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

• Posted: 24 July 2011 10:45 PM #31

Apple is running a new iPad ad.  Not unexpectedly, it’s great.  Titled “We’ll Always”

http://www.apple.com/ipad/

Posted: 24 July 2011 11:01 PM #32

Mercel - 25 July 2011 01:45 AM

Apple is running a new iPad ad.  Not unexpectedly, it’s great.  Titled “We’ll Always”

http://www.apple.com/ipad/

+1

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 24 July 2011 11:25 PM #33

+2

The best of the iPad ads. This is more of a mature product ad, pointing the way forward because we will always do the things shown….just using a new tool to make it better and easier.

Signature

AAPL: to boldly go where no stock has gone before

• Posted: 25 July 2011 12:16 AM #34

Monday

R4       413.93
      midpoint   410.28
    R3       406.63
      midpoint   402.98
    R2       399.33
      midpoint   397.83
    R1       396.32
      midpoint   394.18
    PP       392.03
      midpoint   390.53
    S1       389.02
      midpoint   386.88
    S2       384.73
      midpoint   381.08
    S3       377.43
      midpoint   373.78
    S4       370.13

Posted: 25 July 2011 12:24 AM #35

Mercel - 24 July 2011 10:34 PM
    madmaxroi - 24 July 2011 10:33 PM

Spongie, are you out there?  LOL

Futures are deep red but that can change between now and Monday morning given the whims of Washington politics.  Iceberg!  Dead Ahead!

I am at Disneyland and would love to see AAPL down to 370 in the next two weeks.  Will have plenty of cash then to buy more of it.

Posted: 25 July 2011 12:38 AM #36

omacvi - 25 July 2011 03:24 AM
    Mercel - 24 July 2011 10:34 PM
    madmaxroi - 24 July 2011 10:33 PM

Spongie, are you out there?  LOL

Futures are deep red but that can change between now and Monday morning given the whims of Washington politics.  Iceberg!  Dead Ahead!

I am at Disneyland and would love to see AAPL down to 370 in the next two weeks.  Will have plenty of cash then to buy more of it.

With that buy at 398, 370 would surely trigger a margin call. rolleyes

Signature

Adversity does not just build character, it reveals it.

Posted: 25 July 2011 12:46 AM #37

Not quite

Margin call close to 355.  Keep in mind I buy little lots.  A few shares here and there and before you know it grows in to a few grand.

I don’t sell big lots when I get calls so I buy right back when we recover.

Most of my buys this year averaged 347.  My next group may average 425.  Who cares when we are on our way to 500 in 6 months.

Disneyland is packed.  Families are paying $400 to get in and then spending hundreds on food and stuff.  Those employed are living life and keeping things from crashing.

Posted: 25 July 2011 01:10 AM #38

Sponge, asking for the stock to drop to 370 is just tasteless. If you knew anything about the technical aspect of the market you would realize that if we break below 365 I can almost guarantee you will be getting a margin call. Most likely our uptrend will be reversed and your future will not be so bright.  Now I fully expect the mother of all gaps to be filled, but that can happen later and I will be happy. If we have momentum Sponge going down, I would be looking for 343. Ech, I am going to turn on the Hooters swimsuit show, this subject is bringing me down. :bugeyed:

Signature

Adversity does not just build character, it reveals it.

Posted: 25 July 2011 01:12 AM #39

I’ve found it striking as well.  The economy sucks, but people are crowding the malls, still spending money and making the most of life in general.  I agree, it’s people like them who’re lending support to the system.

But man, ticket prices are that high at Disneyland?  I wouldn’t be the happiest person on Earth after forking over that kinda cash.  I don’t even own stock in DIS.  wink

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 25 July 2011 01:14 AM #40

mbeauch - 25 July 2011 04:10 AM

Sponge, asking for the stock to drop to 370 is just tasteless. If you knew anything about the technical aspect of the market you would realize that if we break below 365 I can almost guarantee you will be getting a margin call. Most likely our uptrend will be reversed and your future will not be so bright.  Now I fully expect the mother of all gaps to be filled, but that can happen later and I will be happy. If we have momentum Sponge going down, I would be looking for 343. Ech, I am going to turn on the Hooters swimsuit show, this subject is bringing me down. :bugeyed:

I’m not exactly sure what trenches AAPL still needs to fill.  That tiny little 10-point gap up we got as a reward for Apple’s supernova earnings?  OK!  I’ll be backing up the truck in the high 370s for sure!

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 25 July 2011 01:32 AM #41

every quarter that passes whereby apple is able to produce more ipads, while at the same time experiencing a lack of a credible iPad competitor emerging, should be grounds for multiple expansion.

At this point last year, the iPad was considered a great success, but all the pundits said the picture would be very different a year later “once Android tablets had taken off”. The Fact that this hasn’t happened should have removed some of the “Android doubt” that was possibly built into AAPL share price depression.

The longer this situation continues with no credible iPad alternatives, the harder it will be for potential competitors to even consider ramping up production to anywhere approaching even 1/10th of what apple produces.

The fact is apples competitors are lacking a critical component: customers. You may think that is obvious, but I’m referring to Android phones main customers, which are actually the Carriers (rather than end users). Carriers are the ones pushing android phones to the masses, using them as an incentive for people to sign a 2 year contract with Data.

Tablets are a different story, the carriers have little interest, or experience, in trying to push tablets to their users. Thereby Android manufactuers have lost their main distribution channel and advertising partner for their tablet products.

I was pretty confident last year that apple would remain the number 1 platform in tablets, but 12 months later I’m more convinced that the tablet market is going to more closely resemble the iPod market, with apple maintaining 75%+ marketshare.

Signature

Full Disclosure:

- Long Apple
    - Pro: Apple HDTV, iPhone Air, Stock split, Consumer robotics

Posted: 25 July 2011 02:07 AM #42

Mav - 25 July 2011 04:12 AM

I’ve found it striking as well.  The economy sucks, but people are crowding the malls, still spending money and making the most of life in general.  I agree, it’s people like them who’re lending support to the system.

But man, ticket prices are that high at Disneyland?  I wouldn’t be the happiest person on Earth after forking over that kinda cash.  I don’t even own stock in DIS.  wink

We have a cousin that’s is able to let three of us in for free and we pay discounted ticket for the third.  We go at least once a year.

Mark

I dont think we will hit 370 but anything is possible.  No one predicted 310 either.

Posted: 25 July 2011 03:57 AM #43

Enforcing rules that everyone’s known about for months now.  Shocker.  Google Books leaves in probable protest.  Double shocker.

I’m not sure if the iBookstore is a marquee feature of iOS, but there’s enough content there anyways.

omacvi, Horace actually did indirectly predict 310.  He mentioned a P/E of 15.  He turned out to be right.  He was way off on his iPhone estimates this quarter, but none of us can be consistently right when it comes to the estimates game and all but one of us pretty much missed by a wide margin.

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 25 July 2011 08:47 AM #44

RIM laying off 2000 staff

Signature

Full Disclosure:

- Long Apple
    - Pro: Apple HDTV, iPhone Air, Stock split, Consumer robotics

Posted: 25 July 2011 08:54 AM #45

iOSWeekly - 25 July 2011 11:47 AM

RIM laying off 2000 staff

Beat me to it.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424053111903591104576467711532275104.html

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.