AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

Posted: 29 July 2011 03:35 PM #406

JDSoCal - 29 July 2011 05:53 PM

Oh, I see, now Obama’s a Supreme Court Justice.

FFS

I didn’t say that. You did. I said that the court would rule on it.

“FFS” JD? How nice.

Signature

The only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. — Steve Jobs

Posted: 29 July 2011 03:35 PM #407

Unique do you get good fills on market option orders?

Posted: 29 July 2011 03:49 PM #408

S3 Patents that Apple Violated Were Ruled Unpatentable
    I get a chuckle out of the way this guy writes!

‘Apple will push its legal claims hard and unrelentingly’

Should Apple prevail in forcing Android to rework some of its functionality, resulting in market share shifts, it could have huge, positive financial implications for Apple: we note that a 10 percentage point shift in smartphone market share from Android to Apple (the current run-rate smartphone market share is 46% for Android vs. 18% for Apple) in 2013 is worth an estimated $30B+ in annual revenue and $10+ in annual EPS to Apple.

[ Edited: 29 July 2011 03:55 PM by zulu ]

Posted: 29 July 2011 04:09 PM #409

Unique - 29 July 2011 06:48 PM
    zulu - 29 July 2011 06:35 PM

Well..it’s better to have a limit order than market order, unless you see a train and want to hope on fast. Limit order provides you with less risk of buying or selling too high.

I get pretty good market buy/sell orders…timing is key..if you mess up ..you mess up. Can’t blame the platform

ever had an ugly fat finger mistake with those hotkeys?  rolleyes

Posted: 29 July 2011 04:16 PM #410

johnG - 29 July 2011 07:09 PM
    Unique - 29 July 2011 06:48 PM
    zulu - 29 July 2011 06:35 PM

Well..it’s better to have a limit order than market order, unless you see a train and want to hope on fast. Limit order provides you with less risk of buying or selling too high.

I get pretty good market buy/sell orders…timing is key..if you mess up ..you mess up. Can’t blame the platform

ever had an ugly fat finger mistake with those hotkeys?  rolleyes

Let me put it this way, I never had a beautiful fat finger mistatek.

Many’s the time my limit order was within a penny of filling, right when it needed to get filled, so, yeah I’m gonna try the market order idea on options next time.  Market is my favorite way to buy shares tho.

• Posted: 29 July 2011 04:17 PM #411

Unique - 29 July 2011 07:11 PM

Hmm..looks like today..the pin will hold true again!

johng, nope once you enter the hotkeys, you need to press enter for the confirmation, although you can disable confirmation in settings, I keep it on..

what platform do you use?

Posted: 29 July 2011 04:20 PM #412

bought weekly OTM bear put spreads

Signature

The only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. — Steve Jobs

Posted: 29 July 2011 04:27 PM #413

zulu - 29 July 2011 06:34 PM
    Eric Landstrom - 29 July 2011 06:19 PM
    Investhor - 29 July 2011 04:43 PM

http://www.businessinsider.com/live-coverage-the-fallout-2011-7

The House will pass the Boehner bill this evening.

The Senate will vote it down immediately afterwards.

Shortly thereafter Reid will unveil his compromise and file cloture on it, setting the stage for a vote to end debate on Sunday.

A final vote in the Senate would occur on Monday, before the bill returns to the House for a nail-biter vote.

Has anybody informed the House and Senate about this plan?

Absolutely Eric, I believe one of the interns at Business Insider apprised them of the schedule.

Sweet, ‘cause I wouldn’t want

Image Attachments

403952945v1_480x480_Front_Color-Black_padToSquare-true.jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

Posted: 29 July 2011 04:34 PM #414

zulu - 29 July 2011 06:49 PM

S3 Patents that Apple Violated Were Ruled Unpatentable
    I get a chuckle out of the way this guy writes!

‘Apple will push its legal claims hard and unrelentingly’

Should Apple prevail in forcing Android to rework some of its functionality, resulting in market share shifts, it could have huge, positive financial implications for Apple: we note that a 10 percentage point shift in smartphone market share from Android to Apple (the current run-rate smartphone market share is 46% for Android vs. 18% for Apple) in 2013 is worth an estimated $30B+ in annual revenue and $10+ in annual EPS to Apple.

“No comment” re: Mr. Saconnaghi’s turns of phrase.

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Teamâ„¢
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 29 July 2011 04:34 PM #415

Investhor - 29 July 2011 04:43 PM

http://www.businessinsider.com/live-coverage-the-fallout-2011-7

The House will pass the Boehner bill this evening.

The Senate will vote it down immediately afterwards.

Shortly thereafter Reid will unveil his compromise and file cloture on it, setting the stage for a vote to end debate on Sunday.

A final vote in the Senate would occur on Monday, before the bill returns to the House for a nail-biter vote.

A likely scenario. The bill that comes back from the Senate will lack one thing the President definetely doesn’t want in it and that is having to visit this again before the election. If he is the adult in the room why would he not want the people to have this discussion again. I think by then the credit rating will be lowered and it will become clear that this level of debt is unsustainable and the conversation will be directed elsewhere. President Obama has raised the debt ceiling I believe 3 times in the past 2+ years. President Bush began this lie with TARP and the lie continues today. It does not matter whose fault it is but it does matter if we do nothing.
    If the President is now correct in his assessment of the debt ceiling was he wrong in March 2006 when he said this: 

Senator Barack Obama Explaining his 2006 Vote Against Raising the Debt Limit
    January 4, 2011 11:49 A.M. By Andrew C. McCarthy

From Sen. Obama?s Floor Speech, March 20, 2006:
    “The fact that we are here today to debate raising America?s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can?t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government?s reckless fiscal policies. ? Increasing America?s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that ?the buck stops here.? Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.”

“At the time, Senator Obama was urging Congress not to tolerate an increase that would bring the debt ceiling to $9 trillion. Under President Obama, the debt ceiling has been raised to $14.3 trillion. Even without counting most unfunded liabilities, the national debt is now calculated to be nearing $14.1 trillion. It increases about $4.22 billion per day (each citizen?s share stands at roughly $45K). Thus, Democrats will soon demand that the debt ceiling be raised, lest the sky fall. When they do, they will be asking for a significant boost in a ceiling that is already 60 percent higher than the one Barack Obama said was ?a sign of leadership failure? five years ago.”

Posted: 29 July 2011 04:53 PM #416

Platon - 29 July 2011 07:34 PM

If the President is now correct in his assessment of the debt ceiling was he wrong in March 2006 [? sic]

He wasn’t wrong to vote against raising the debt ceiling to make a rhetorical point knowing the measure would still pass, but he would have been wrong to vote against it if it were in danger of not passing.

You’re wrong to make this about Obama. This is our money at stake.

Signature

• Posted: 29 July 2011 05:41 PM #417

Platon- using your same logic were the host of Republicans wrong as the voted numerous times to raise the ceiling during the Bush administration ? 

This is a small sect of Republicans (Tea Party) holding a figurative gun to our heads.  If we default, during this time of recovery it will hurt everyone ... Republicans, Democrats ...Rich and poor.  As liberal of a Democrat as I am I totally agree the government needs to get it’s fiscal house in order but this is simply the wrong way to go about it.

I’m really nervous that this will NOT go though before Tuesday ... the Tea Party is that fanatical .... they either don’t understand the implications or they don’t care.  Either way it’s a very sad day for our country whey we have a government that is so divided and partisan that the people’s and country’s interest no longer matter ... that’s directed at BOTH parties.

Posted: 29 July 2011 06:04 PM #418

This just in—-in a gesture of graciousness and selflessness, Congress has plugged the budget gap by suspending Congressional paychecks, abolishing the special Congressional health care and pension system and reverting to the one that general America uses.  Obama has also agreed to slash the number of vehicles in his presidential motorcade from 110 to 50 when he travels to foreign countries, and the 1.6 trillion in gov’t debt (bonds) that the Fed bought with TARP funds, and on which the US taxpayer makes interest payments, will be cancelled forthwith.  This postpones further discussion of the matter until after the elections.

edit:  I spoke too soon, the Tea Party has voted that down too.  :wink:

[ Edited: 29 July 2011 06:17 PM by zulu ]

Posted: 29 July 2011 06:22 PM #419

I’m going to play government over the weekend by sitting on M80s and lighting the fuse.

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

Posted: 29 July 2011 06:31 PM #420

Eric Landstrom - 29 July 2011 09:22 PM

I’m going to play government over the weekend by sitting on M80s and lighting the fuse.

Now that’s the sort of government spending I can get behind.  tongue laugh