AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

• Posted: 09 August 2011 06:02 PM

It’s time to start over. Apple closed up $20.80 today at $374.01. Will the rebound rally continue Wednesday?

[ Edited: 11 August 2011 01:30 AM by DawnTreader ]      

Posted: 09 August 2011 06:04 PM #1

Bryanyc - 09 August 2011 08:57 PM
    Eric Landstrom - 09 August 2011 07:19 PM

Gold. Buy more gold…..

Lets compare Gold prices relative to AAPL after Xmas.  Or even next week.

Remember SLW craze here late last Fall?  Flat for the year, Apple up 20+%.

Why buy gold when you can buy Golden Delicious?

This is a good one.  Traded SLW, overall ended up flat.  Wonder what SNIPUS thinks of his decision?  I recall one popular hedge fund manager Cody Williard, who live to regret his decision to sell out of AAPL at $50+ because he thinks SJ/Apple is not honest with options scandals.  He is pumping AAPL now after many years of hibernation.

Signature

Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.  - Steve Jobs

Posted: 09 August 2011 06:17 PM #2

Mace - 09 August 2011 09:04 PM
    Bryanyc - 09 August 2011 08:57 PM
    Eric Landstrom - 09 August 2011 07:19 PM

Gold. Buy more gold…..

Lets compare Gold prices relative to AAPL after Xmas.  Or even next week.

Remember SLW craze here late last Fall?  Flat for the year, Apple up 20+%.

Why buy gold when you can buy Golden Delicious?

This is a good one.  Traded SLW, overall ended up flat.  Wonder what SNIPUS thinks of his decision?  I recall one popular hedge fund manager Cody Williard, who live to regret his decision to sell out of AAPL at $50+ because he thinks SJ/Apple is not honest with options scandals.  He is pumping AAPL now after many years of hibernation.

When I say buy Gold, you’ve got to read it in the voice of the commercial: Buy Gooooolllldddd!  LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDdSa7k2a4o

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

Posted: 09 August 2011 06:34 PM #3

I have been reading with great interest for the past 18 months the excellent posts on this board… I have only recently joined and have not posted until now because my investing expertise is limited.

But today, this emotional see-saw day that I’ve made more money than any other day in my life AND Apple’s market cap reached numero uno, I feel compelled to let you all know how much I appreciate this “family’s” guidance and camaraderie.  It’s weird how I really don’t know any of you and you don’t know me at all but right now I’m teary eyed with affection.  I guess that’s the beauty of the web… and I guess that’s the kind of night/day it’s been… what a ride.

I could not have had this good fortune without you guys…  Unique, I used your 350 bottom prediction from yesterday and went all in. (Though I did freak out when you and others later warned that might not be bottom.)  I sold long shares at 365 and, at the closing bell, sold Jan. 2012 395 calls bought for $23 that had climbed to $26.

I look forward to becoming a more contributory member, but until then, please know your posts and kindness have meant a great deal to me.

God bless America and Steve Jobs!

jz

Signature

Study the natural order of things and work with it rather than against it…  ? Tao Te Ching

• Posted: 09 August 2011 06:40 PM #4

Jjjz, congrats on your very good day.  Hope they are just beginning.

Posted: 09 August 2011 06:46 PM #5

WHIPSAW!!!

Posted: 09 August 2011 06:51 PM #6

ncgo4 - 09 August 2011 09:40 PM

Jinx, congrats on your very good day.  Hope they are just beginning.

Ditto.

I had a business lunch today and had to leave the internet(s) right after the FOMC announcement. While listening to a client’s life story over Pacific Northwest Salmon and corn chowder (while trying to peek over his shoulder to the TV in the bar where Maria Bartiromo was howling about something)I returned to find myself in far, far better shape than this time yesterday. My two buys Monday morning at 358 and 356 have done me proud and the spreads and calls reflect a verdant sea of double digit gains.

Ah, now to wrap the day, pour a glass of merlot and hope the rumble I feel under my feet is the Asian market players pounding the table with buy orders.

Signature

AAPL: to boldly go where no stock has gone before

Posted: 09 August 2011 07:01 PM #7

jjjz - 09 August 2011 09:34 PM

But today, this emotional see-saw day that I’ve made more money than any other day in my life AND Apple’s market cap reached numero uno, I feel compelled to let you all know how much I appreciate this “family’s” guidance and camaraderie.  It’s weird how I really don’t know any of you and you don’t know me at all but right now I’m teary eyed with affection.  I guess that’s the beauty of the web… and I guess that’s the kind of night/day it’s been… what a ride.

JZ, what a lovely post!  WAY TO GO!  And nice to “meet” you! smile

Posted: 09 August 2011 07:06 PM #8

Red shirted ensign - 09 August 2011 09:51 PM

Ditto.

I had a business lunch today and had to leave the internet(s) right after the FOMC announcement. While listening to a client’s life story over Pacific Northwest Salmon and corn chowder (while trying to peek over his shoulder to the TV in the bar where Maria Bartiromo was howling about something)I returned to find myself in far, far better shape than this time yesterday. My two buys Monday morning at 358 and 356 have done me proud and the spreads and calls reflect a verdant sea of double digit gains.

Ah, now to wrap the day, pour a glass of merlot and hope the rumble I feel under my feet is the Asian market players pounding the table with buy orders.

Great you were out and missed the lower lows on the indexes after the FOMC announcement.

Please make that two.

Posted: 09 August 2011 07:11 PM #9

Nuts, it’s been SO NICE to see you yesterday and today. smile  For me, it’s just not the same without you here.  When I first came to AFB, I would read your column every morning.  It feels weird now NOT to read it every morning.  I am very happy to see you. smile

[ Edited: 09 August 2011 07:42 PM by lovemyipad ]      

Posted: 09 August 2011 07:12 PM #10

adamthompson3232 - 09 August 2011 09:50 PM
    lovemyipad - 09 August 2011 09:46 PM

WHIPSAW!!!

Love, are you a pro day trader? I love your energy on this stuff.

Aw, thanks.  Hmmmm…am I a pro?  Um, I day trade full-time, and I don’t suck at it…  Does that count? smile

• Posted: 09 August 2011 07:16 PM #11

lovemyipad - 09 August 2011 10:12 PM
    adamthompson3232 - 09 August 2011 09:50 PM
    lovemyipad - 09 August 2011 09:46 PM

WHIPSAW!!!

Love, are you a pro day trader? I love your energy on this stuff.

Aw, thanks.  Hmmmm…am I a pro?  Um, I day trade full-time, and I don’t suck at it…  Does that count? smile

that makes you a pro in my book…..  does that count? wink

Posted: 09 August 2011 07:19 PM #12

BrazilNuts - 09 August 2011 10:06 PM

Ditto.

Great you were out and missed the lower lows on the indexes after the FOMC announcement.

Please make that two.

Nuts, I’ll meet you at the Orlando Regal multiplex in a week and we can relax with a new movie…get our minds off this crazy market. Here’s one you might like…

Signature

AAPL: to boldly go where no stock has gone before

Posted: 09 August 2011 07:38 PM #13

From Options Strategy:

lovemyipad - 09 August 2011 10:35 PM

I took profits on my remaining short/hedge positions…somewhere around SPX 1105.

All holdings, long-term and short-term, are now long.

IMHO, the market is still in a multi-month downtrend (lower highs, lower lows), but six months of AAPL (especially March-June) taught me how to manage and profit from that.  Upwaves don’t last forever; neither do downwaves.

Now, hopefully, comes the upwave…

I picked up more JAN’13 spreads (mostly 350/360 bull spreads) over the past week, and I’ll be unloading the remaining JAN’12 spreads, as well as APR’12, on the next upwave when I think it makes sense.  I want that extra cushion of time.

Posted: 09 August 2011 07:51 PM #14

lovemyipad - 09 August 2011 10:11 PM

Nuts, it’s been SO NICE to see you yesterday and today. smile  For me, it’s just not the same without you here.  When I first came to AFB, I would read your column every morning.  It feels weird now NOT to read it every morning.  I am very happy to see you. smile

Will try to start posting more frequently. Still dazed and confused (nothing to do with Led Zepellin lyrics) and getting a foot on what is going on around us. Need to read more and wake up earlier. Being lazy, sorry. Thank you for reminding. grin

Posted: 09 August 2011 08:00 PM #15

Red shirted ensign - 09 August 2011 10:19 PM
    BrazilNuts - 09 August 2011 10:06 PM

Ditto.

Please make that two.

Nuts, I’ll meet you at the Orlando Regal multiplex in a week and we can relax with a new movie…get our minds off this crazy market. Here’s one you might like…

hathaway-jim-sturgess-404x600.jpg[/img]

“After spending the night together on the night of their college graduation Dexter and Em are shown each year on the same date to see where they are in their lives. They are sometimes together, sometimes not, on that day.” Ahhhh Anne Hathaway! Open August 19, a blockbuster for sure.