AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

• Posted: 10 August 2011 09:28 PM #121

I’m hopeful AAPL will climb at the open tomorrow after an unusual, overdone close today.

As we approach the iPhone 5 announcement, the anticipation alone will drive AAPL higher, market-willing, of course.  And I do think the markets are going higher from here. 

And if Big Bear Doug Kass believes it, the odds improve that we’ll see a recovery in equities.

I repurchased shares at smaller prices today than what I sold yesterday.  I’m still 35% cash should the market stay irrational and inefficient.

Wild times in the market (and here in the intraday thread—who let the dogs out?  Woof Woof!).

Posted: 10 August 2011 09:41 PM #122

Mercel - 11 August 2011 12:28 AM

I’m hopeful AAPL will climb at the open tomorrow after an unusual, overdone close today.

As we approach the iPhone 5 announcement, the anticipation alone will drive AAPL higher, market-willing, of course.  And I do think the markets are going higher from here. 

And if Big Bear Doug Kass believes it, the odds improve that we’ll see a recovery in equities.

I repurchased shares at smaller prices today than what I sold yesterday.  I’m still 35% cash should the market stay irrational and inefficient.

Wild times in the market (and here in the intraday thread—who let the dogs out?  Woof Woof!).

Woof, woof, indeed

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21046387@N04/2047705587/

[ Edited: 10 August 2011 09:45 PM by Red Shirted Ensign ]

Signature

AAPL: to boldly go where no stock has gone before

Posted: 10 August 2011 09:59 PM #123

caruso2323 - 10 August 2011 08:28 PM
    pasdeniaisage - 10 August 2011 08:18 PM
    caruso2323 - 10 August 2011 08:11 PM
    pasdeniaisage - 10 August 2011 08:04 PM

Another day, another dow jones -500!

I feel my 350 AAPL target for re-buying is coming sooner than I would have tought. Tomorrow? Friday? Maybe if I wait till next week, I’ll get it for 330…

Meet you at 430 smile
    On September 13th , 2011
    and get yourself a more representative nickname arshole !

caruso, I’ll see you at 430 but that will be in a few months from here, imho. That said, next time, I would appreciate a little more respect, don’t get emotionnal over others’ views, we are all Apple believers on this board, I think, we are also entitled to think differently. Big hugs. smile

May I suggest you a nickname ? How about “NIAISEUX” ... That would suit you perfectly…
    Let me be very clear about this : I have ZERO respect for trash people like you ... Your stupidity is beyond bad taste… Just beat it !

Caruso, I think you’ve had some great contributions to this board in the past…and I hope you move back to those insightful responses soon…if not a sincere thanks for what you had been sharing with the board.

• Posted: 10 August 2011 10:37 PM #124

Y’all sure do range around when it comes to topics in y’all’s posts smile

You’re quicker than I am

Posted: 10 August 2011 11:22 PM #125

I hope we don’t get back up until next week when I can get some cash.

The sale keeps going.smile

Posted: 10 August 2011 11:24 PM #126

roni - 11 August 2011 01:37 AM

Y’all sure do range around when it comes to topics in y’all’s posts smile

You’re quicker than I am

Roni, Roni! Only in July 2012. Ann Hathaway, catwoman. Ahhhh! Lovebugs are still months away…

• Posted: 10 August 2011 11:32 PM #127

I’ve been on the AFB for a pretty long time.  Longer than the “join date” which I think may have been reset in one of the server meltdowns at some point.  I like it here.  Strange things do happen from time to time and I usually feel like I must have missed something along the way.  When I saw Caruso’s postings today I wanted to ask…,who are you and what have you done with Caruso.  Tommo went postal on Redge a few years ago which felt like it came out of left field.  DT instantly shut down the political thread Sunday for what (I at least thought) seemed to be a fairly mild provocation.  Maybe it’s because there is money at risk but like I said…, strange things happen around here.  Anyway, I hope changes aren’t made.  I enjoy feeling free to stick my head (and opinions) into the intraday thread on the positive days as wells as “the world’s gone mad days”.  I’ve never felt like I’m not welcome there and would like that to continue.  Things don’t have to be so narrowly defined and a little bit of flexibility sometimes yields unexpected results.

Thanks to all for making this such an interesting yet educational place to hang out.

Signature

I don’t mind being wrong…,I just hate being wrong so FAST!

• Posted: 10 August 2011 11:33 PM #128

JDSoCal - 10 August 2011 11:34 PM
    caruso2323 - 10 August 2011 11:05 PM

I am closing my account here ... Good Luck with your STUPIDO

Aww, I’ll miss someone who makes me look reasonable.

Post of the day!  :-D

Signature

I don’t mind being wrong…,I just hate being wrong so FAST!

Posted: 10 August 2011 11:47 PM #129

BillH - 11 August 2011 02:32 AM

I’ve been on the AFB for a pretty long time.  Longer than the “join date” which I think may have been reset in one of the server meltdowns at some point.  I like it here.  Strange things do happen from time to time and I usually feel like I must have missed something along the way.  When I saw Caruso’s postings today I wanted to ask…,who are you and what have you done with Caruso.  Tommo went postal on Redge a few years ago which felt like it came out of left field.  DT instantly shut down the political thread Sunday for what (I at least thought) seemed to be a fairly mild provocation.  Maybe it’s because there is money at risk but like I said…, strange things happen around here.  Anyway, I hope changes aren’t made.  I enjoy feeling free to stick my head (and opinions) into the intraday thread on the positive days as wells as “the world’s gone mad days”.  I’ve never felt like I’m not welcome there and would like that to continue.  Things don’t have to be so narrowly defined and a little bit of flexibility sometimes yields unexpected results.

Thanks to all for making this such an interesting yet educational place to hang out.

Agreed. Even though I don’t currently have the time to be as active as I once was, I do enjoy the commentary and variety of thought.  And you’re right strange things do happen every now and then.  grin

Signature

“Once we roared like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security! The solution for America’s problem is not in terms of big government, but it is in big men over whom nobody stands in control but God.”  ?Norman Vincent Peale

• Posted: 11 August 2011 12:10 AM #130

Futures are UP….the DOW futures are knocking on 150+.  Looks like we’ll see a bounce in the morning.

• Posted: 11 August 2011 12:12 AM #131

Play Ultimate - 11 August 2011 02:47 AM
    BillH - 11 August 2011 02:32 AM

Agreed. Even though I don’t currently have the time to be as active as I once was, I do enjoy the commentary and variety of thought.  And you’re right strange things do happen every now and then.  grin

I closed the political thread because of a racially tinged comment. This is not a politics forum and there are strongly held views among our members and the discussion was neither productive nor positive and was accomplishing nothing.

caruso’s comments today were addressed by another mod and brought to my attention in a PM. The comments were personal attacks. I received a call from Mark to go back through the topic and read the provocation. I will do that later tonight and respond to comments made by the other member(s).

There are few rules here but racial or ethnic innuendos and slights will not be tolerated and personal attacks on other members will not be tolerated. 

Please remember the mods (including myself) are volunteers. We have better things to do with our time than play referee. References to race, color, creed or ethnic backgrounds of members is off limits and we should act like adults and avoid personal attacks. I do have much better things to do with my time than sort through this kind of nonsense.

• Posted: 11 August 2011 12:16 AM #132

Thursday

R4       403.40
      midpoint   397.32
    R3       391.25
      midpoint   385.17
    R2       379.10
      midpoint   375.25
    R1       371.39
      midpoint   369.17
    PP       366.95
      midpoint   363.10
    S1       359.24
      midpoint   357.02
    S2       354.80
      midpoint   348.72
    S3       342.65
      midpoint   336.57
    S4       330.50

• Posted: 11 August 2011 12:16 AM #133

pasdeniaisage - 10 August 2011 08:08 PM

Watch for the margin calls, tomorrow, expect lots of selling at the open…

Futures say there won’t be.  But you’ll likely get your re-entry point on Friday if recent patterns hold.  Tomorrow is UP.

Posted: 11 August 2011 12:26 AM #134

DawnTreader - 11 August 2011 03:12 AM

I closed the political thread because of a racially tinged comment. This is not a politics forum and there are strongly held views among our members and the discussion was neither productive nor positive and was accomplishing nothing.

caruso’s comments today were addressed by another mod and brought to my attention in a PM. The comments were personal attacks. I received a call from Mark to go back through the topic and read the provocation. I will do that later tonight and respond to comments made by the other member(s).

There are few rules here but racial or ethnic innuendos and slights will not be tolerated and personal attacks on other members will not be tolerated. 

Please remember the mods (including myself) are volunteers. We have better things to do with our time than play referee. References to race, color, creed or ethnic backgrounds of members is off limits and we should act like adults and avoid personal attacks. I do have much better things to do with my time than sort through this kind of nonsense.

Thanks for donating the time to moderate this board, an invaluable resource.

• Posted: 11 August 2011 12:31 AM #135

BrazilNuts - 10 August 2011 11:18 PM
    doubledraw - 10 August 2011 09:11 PM
    lovemyipad - 10 August 2011 09:05 PM
    BrazilNuts - 10 August 2011 12:16 PM

Did we set a short term bottom? Probably a low, but the playbook, if it still readable would call for a W shaped action. We are still very oversold and should stay this way for many days more. As this state vanes, we could make the other leg down of the W.

Oh!  I wish I’d read this in the AM!  Nuts, well done, as always! smile

any chance of translating this into layspeak?

Was he talking about the first down part of the W being the time period before Tuesday, then Tuesday being the first up portion, then a down (end of the day today into tomorrow and beyond?) followed by a massive upswing (hopefully sooner than later)?

Still learning here and trying to understand what ppl like BrazilNuts (whose opinion I respect) are saying.  Thanks in advance.

Sorry, will try to explain what meant. The market is in turmoil, insisted this on previous posts. The downgrade by S&P, which believe was a stupid, unnecessary move at this point, opened a Pandora box. Movements like yesterday and today remind of periods were the tomorrow was unfathomable, such as what we saw in 2008.

This morning, the view was close to what you understood, however recent events made the playbook unreadable. the leg down should be happening as we became overbought or less oversold than we are now, deeply oversold. The fact of the matter is, investor confidence has eroded and days like this just make matters worse.

The last hour leg down was creepy and the drop does not look human. Way too many machines around, and when they stop buying all at once, retail investors don?t react as fast.

Don?t know if we get a relief rally or another oversold bounce tomorrow. Just know many people are just giving up in disgust. Bear markets are like this. We are in a downtrend, what could have happened yesterday happened today. The last leg up looked as fake as today?s last leg down.

W, downside, upside, downside and upside. We should have experienced (or we shall) a nice rally of many days. No market goes straight up or down. Let?s watch if tomorrow gives us some more clues if we have a low for the short term or there is much more pain to come. Meaning less pain or more pain, with periods of joy. (de Sade? “It is always by way of pain one arrives at pleasure.”)

Just for the records, extreme caution, stops in place and/or hedge.

If still not clear, please let me know.

Posts like this extra effort to explain to a newb (me) are why I have been reading this board for a while and have recently started participating.  I know everyone’s time is valuable and I think it is amazingly awesome that people are willing to help others understand.

Thank you, BrazilNuts!