AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

• Posted: 11 August 2011 12:39 AM #136

pasdeniaisage - 10 August 2011 08:08 PM

Watch for the margin calls, tomorrow, expect lots of selling at the open…

pasdeniaisage:

In reading through your comments today it’s understandable why some readers would consider your comments decidedly negative and without meaningful content. There’s lots of selling everyday. There’s also lots of buying each day. Without supporting facts the comment above is superfluous.

Why do you expect more margins calls tomorrow versus the margin calls that may have occurred late last week or early this week?

Please remember investors have real dollars at stake and while bearish attitudes are within bounds, providing useful information with your viewpoints would be a step forward.

Posted: 11 August 2011 12:42 AM #137

lovemyipad - 10 August 2011 08:39 PM

Caruso, what on earth has gotten into you????  Please, take a step back…deep breath…all that good stuff…

You’re like a flower in a sea of shit! Jeez, people going bonkers.

• Posted: 11 August 2011 12:42 AM #138

Prazan - 11 August 2011 03:26 AM
    DawnTreader - 11 August 2011 03:12 AM

I closed the political thread because of a racially tinged comment. This is not a politics forum and there are strongly held views among our members and the discussion was neither productive nor positive and was accomplishing nothing.

caruso’s comments today were addressed by another mod and brought to my attention in a PM. The comments were personal attacks. I received a call from Mark to go back through the topic and read the provocation. I will do that later tonight and respond to comments made by the other member(s).

There are few rules here but racial or ethnic innuendos and slights will not be tolerated and personal attacks on other members will not be tolerated. 

Please remember the mods (including myself) are volunteers. We have better things to do with our time than play referee. References to race, color, creed or ethnic backgrounds of members is off limits and we should act like adults and avoid personal attacks. I do have much better things to do with my time than sort through this kind of nonsense.

Thanks for donating the time to moderate this board, an invaluable resource.

Thank you. It’s an effort to assist investors and Apple product enthusiasts in sharing information and insights.

Posted: 11 August 2011 12:45 AM #139

DawnTreader - 11 August 2011 03:39 AM

pasdeniaisage:

In reading through your comments today it’s understandable why some readers would consider your comments decidedly negative and without meaningful content. There’s lots of selling everyday. There’s also lots of buying each day. Without supporting facts the comment above is superfluous.

Why do you expect more margins calls tomorrow versus the margin calls that may have occurred late last week or early this week?

Please remember investors have real dollars at stake and while bearish attitudes are within bounds, providing useful information with your viewpoints would be a step forward.

Would that be any different than folks saying “lot of short covering coming up tomorrow” on one of AAPL’s bullet trains up? Everyone here is responsible for their own trades. Period.

Posted: 11 August 2011 12:45 AM #140

caruso2323 - 10 August 2011 11:05 PM

I am closing my account here ... Good Luck with your STUPIDO

That news MORE than compensates for a 10 buck loss in aapl today.

cheers to the longs
          JohnG

Posted: 11 August 2011 12:55 AM #141

There are few rules here but racial or ethnic innuendos and slights will not be tolerated and personal attacks on other members will not be tolerated. 

Please remember the mods (including myself) are volunteers. We have better things to do with our time than play referee. References to race, color, creed or ethnic backgrounds of members is off limits and we should act like adults and avoid personal attacks. I do have much better things to do with my time than sort through this kind of nonsense.

I remember the days of the battle of words between many who are no longer here.
    I thank you for keeping this place safe and civil is a difficult job; it is much appreciated.  As a person who has been here for awhile, I thank you for you many years of service.

Signature

“Once we roared like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security! The solution for America’s problem is not in terms of big government, but it is in big men over whom nobody stands in control but God.”  ?Norman Vincent Peale

Posted: 11 August 2011 01:05 AM #142

Play Ultimate - 11 August 2011 03:55 AM

I remember the days of the battle of words between many who are no longer here.
    I thank you for keeping this place safe and civil is a difficult job; it is much appreciated.  As a person who has been here for awhile, I thank you for you many years of service.

I have personally avoided msg boards and forums for many years, because of uncivil and vile BS. 

I’m very pleased to have found this board.  I check in daily and enjoy the intelligent bantor.  The posters mostly police this board, which I like.  Then when you have DT backing you up, it works. 

I expect that I’ll being a long term member here…

Signature

The only way to change the perception, is to change the reality.

Posted: 11 August 2011 01:06 AM #143

pasdeniaisage:

Hello DT. First, I join my voice to prazan in thanking you for your time on moderating this board. That said, whatever view I express, as long as it’s being done respectfully doesn’t deserve the name calling the other member trew at me. Bearish or not. I too have real money at stakes here. To be fare, I think you should expect everyone here to support their posts with detailed facts when expressing a view, feeling or comment, if you expect it from me. Still, I will take your suggestion and try to put more meat on the bone next time before I hit the “Submit post” button. But, I’m no Brazil nuts, don’t expect deep and enlighted analysis, he’s way better than me and english is my second language.

Edit: Added - On the matter of why I expect margin calls tomorrow, well, my thought is very simple, the more we lose, the bigger the chances are for margin calling. The overall market has lost deeply the last few days, I think some will have to sell to cover their margins and since AAPL is one of the less hurt stock, relativly speaking, given the context, I expect some AAPL selling. It all depends on the ratio of institutionnal vs retail ownership of AAPL, in my view, the more retail investors own AAPL, the bigger the chances are for margin covering. I hope I make sense. smile

[ Edited: 11 August 2011 01:25 AM by iMoi ]      
  • Posted: 11 August 2011 01:24 AM #144

pasdeniaisage - 11 August 2011 04:06 AM

pasdeniaisage:

Hello DT. First, I join my voice to prazan in thanking you for your time on moderating this board. That said, whatever view I express, as long as it’s being done respectfully doesn’t deserve the name calling the other member trew at me. Bearish or not. I too have real money at stakes here. To be fare, I think you should expect everyone here to support their posts with detailed facts when expressing a view, feeling or comment, if you expect it from me. Still, I will take your suggestion and try to put more meat on the bone next time before I hit the “Submit post” button. But, I’m no Brazil nuts, don’t expect deep and enlighted analysis, he’s way better than me and english is my second language.

pasdeniaisage:

caruso’s remarks were out of line, inappropriate and unjustified. Nothing you said warranted the personal attacks. But please be aware in challenging market conditions nerves are frayed and patience and forbearance can be in short supply.

• Posted: 11 August 2011 01:29 AM #145

We are going to start over for Thursday trading.