Weekend Updates (Archive)

• Posted: 14 August 2011 02:58 PM #61

When I day traded, I used a Mac Pro with 3 24 inch Dell screens. Still lost money in the end.

I now have a Macbook Pro 13 inch.  When at home, I connect to a 27 inch iMac to use as a screen (press F2 to switch the screen between iMac and Macbook). I don’t use the macbook keyboard and trackpad at home, I use bluetooth. The iMac is a home media server, and is only preferred for Handbrake and Final Cut, and for its big hard disk. Everything else runs fine on the Macbook Pro (and new Macbook Pro’s are twice as fast as mine!).

I believe you can daisy chain thunderbolt screens and have more than one (although my setup is pre-thunderbolt).

Posted: 14 August 2011 03:22 PM #62

adamthompson3232 - 14 August 2011 04:20 PM

At the Denver airport, iPads galore. Wannabes, not so much.

Same at Philadelphia airport in june. Saw 1 Playbook, all the rests were iPads.

• Posted: 14 August 2011 04:13 PM #63

adamthompson3232 - 14 August 2011 04:34 PM

Mercel, why do I need to wait? My MBP is a year old and isn’t thunderbolt equipped.

You’ll want the latest MBA equipped with Thunderbolt to connect to the new Cinema Displays w/the Thunderbolt connection.

Posted: 14 August 2011 04:19 PM #64

adamthompson3232 - 14 August 2011 05:39 PM

Love, haha. No chair and no TA pics needed. Nice setup though. I think I’ll get a nice big cinema screen to go with my MBP. Soon my cable guy will ask me if I work for Apple like Mercel’s did.

I made the same decision, having worked with similar setups in the past. I haven’t yet bought anything because I thought I’d wait until upgrading to the new MBP. I haven’t yet upgraded because I have two working MBPs and the newer one still kicks a**. You can pick up a refurbished display through Apple, still warrantied, and save some money.

APPLCRAZIE: love the setup. What’s the MPB stand?