Weekend Updates (Archive)

Posted: 26 August 2011 10:43 PM #16

Roman, thank you for that beautiful post.  I do know what you mean…I found it difficult to read/post here after Wednesday too…I can’t trade AAPL at all right now…no objectivity.  So maybe it’s a good thing you’re sidelined for a bit.

Posted: 26 August 2011 10:44 PM #17

lovemyipad - 26 August 2011 11:51 PM

Now, I need a drink.  Who’s joining me?

I’m so far ahead, good luck catching up.  :-D

Signature

“Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.”
    - Jimi Hendrix

• Posted: 26 August 2011 10:45 PM #18

I sure hope that picture is not real.  If it is, it would seem really strange to have named him chairman. If it isn’t, then whoever faked and posted it should by hunted down like a dog.

Posted: 26 August 2011 10:55 PM #19

jjjz - 27 August 2011 01:39 AM

Who buys over 40,000 shares in after hours? A $15.6 million trade that immediately bumps the stock up nearly 4 points and it stayed at that level for the duration…

I don’t follow AH trades that much… is this peculiar?

16:11   $ 383.80   100
    16:11   $ 383.80   100
    16:11   $ 383.58   40,699
    16:11   $ 379.6657   100
    16:11   $ 379.6657   200
    16:11   $ 379.6657   200
    16:11   $ 379.665

Those are ‘clearing/settlement’ trades from Regular hours trading.

JohnG

Posted: 26 August 2011 11:22 PM #20

Those are ?clearing/settlement? trades from Regular hours trading.

?  John

Thanks John!

Signature

Study the natural order of things and work with it rather than against it…  ? Tao Te Ching

Posted: 26 August 2011 11:41 PM #21

Roman - 27 August 2011 01:36 AM

In other news, I always expected initial negative reaction + bounce for AAPL in the event of Steve’s resignation. I just didn’t expect *that* quick of a bounce. But I have no time at all to trade these days, so my positions remained completely untouched all week.

Its Steve buying the stock using his DIS dividends so that TC gets a break.

Posted: 27 August 2011 12:05 AM #22

I know it is Friday, but has anyone paid attention to the futures.

DOW +148
    Nas +53

What the hack is going on? :bugeyed:

Signature

Adversity does not just build character, it reveals it.

• Posted: 27 August 2011 12:06 AM #23

lovemyipad - 26 August 2011 11:51 PM

I just saw the pic of Steve floating around, and it made me cry.  Then I came here and read the below post, and it made me chortle (ed note: chortle to me is a laugh that erupts so quickly you kinda cough at the same time you’re laughing—which means it’s a really GOOD laugh)!

Mercel - 26 August 2011 11:05 PM
    Mace - 26 August 2011 08:02 PM

Agreed….well played. And didn’t Ma(e)rcel also get in at $355?

Ah, screw it.  I’m back to Mercel.  :-x

Now, I need a drink.  Who’s joining me?

Have a nice Cab in the glass here

• Posted: 27 August 2011 06:12 AM #24

Cute

and

Spiritual

[ Edited: 27 August 2011 06:21 AM by danthemason ]      
  • Posted: 27 August 2011 10:44 AM #25

Lstream - 27 August 2011 01:45 AM

I sure hope that picture is not real.  If it is, it would seem really strange to have named him chairman. If it isn’t, then whoever faked and posted it should by hunted down like a dog.

For the past year or so, whenever we’ve seen Steve it has been wearing his iconic jeans and black top, It may come as a shock now to see how thin his arms and legs are, but they may have been that way for some time. While taking and publishing these images is disgusting, I’m not so sure they represent a dramatic change from the ongoing condition of the last two years. Steve does need a haircut, but other than that I’m sure he’ll have a long run as COB.

Posted: 27 August 2011 10:45 AM #26

Mayor Bloomberg is telling people to basically get out. Trying his best to make this into a crisis. It won’t even be a hurricane in a couple of hours. These people have been sitting on their hands waiting for a hurricane. Ooooooooo its going to rain hard. The storm has moved inland, the storm surge is going to be negligible. Have I ever said how much I hate the media, necessary evil, but I still despise them.

Signature

Posted: 27 August 2011 10:56 AM #27

mbeauch - 27 August 2011 03:05 AM

I know it is Friday, but has anyone paid attention to the futures.

DOW +148
    Nas +53

What the hack is going on? :bugeyed:

I don’t know, but when the broader market rallies in the absence of corresponding good news, I get paranoid about the potential for “pump and dump” operations.  Corrections are usually a multi-month process, not a touch-and-go thing.

• Posted: 27 August 2011 11:10 AM #28

willrob - 27 August 2011 01:44 PM

For the past year or so, whenever we’ve seen Steve it has been wearing his iconic jeans and black top, It may come as a shock now to see how thin his arms and legs are, but they may have been that way for some time. While taking and publishing these images is disgusting, I’m not so sure they represent a dramatic change from the ongoing condition of the last two years. Steve does need a haircut, but other than that I’m sure he’ll have a long run as COB.

+1

Even Gizmodo refrained from publishing the photo out of respect for his privacy.  Cult of Mac ran it, then pulled it and apologized. 

It should also be said that it’s not difficult to take an unflattering photo of anyone.  Lord knows I’ve done it and I wasn’t even trying… rolleyes

[ Edited: 27 August 2011 11:13 AM by ByeTMO ]      

Posted: 27 August 2011 11:13 AM #29

Love, WS shaved off 2000 pts without real justification. The unemployment number was skewed by the VZ workers the last 2 weeks, that kinda paints a different picture. I am not saying things are great, but things are definitely not as bad as some would like us to believe. The one fact we know is that recent earnings have been great and that is what truly values a stock. One thing I understand is that when billionaire(s) start publicly buying shares of supposedly the worst stock in the world, things are not as bad as we are being led to believe. The media moves the markets without reason.

Signature

• Posted: 27 August 2011 11:19 AM #30

mbeauch - 27 August 2011 02:13 PM

One thing I understand is that when billionaire(s) start publicly buying shares of supposedly the worst stock in the world, things are not as bad as we are being led to believe. The media moves the markets without reason.

My portfolio may not be diversified but owning the worst (BAC) and the best (AAPL) makes it balanced… :wink: