Steve Jobs Shock Photos Real? (Topic Closed)

Posted: 27 August 2011 06:10 PM

A few notes: A) Sorry if this has been posted and B) Apologies if this post offends anyone.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/08/26/steve-jobs-apple-photo-resignation-ceo-sick#.TllcQHOqbwE

Has anyone seen this?  Do you believe these photos?  I know it’s not past people to photoshop photos for shock value, but if true, then this is truly saddening. 

If these photos are accurate, then Steve really looks as if he’s running out of time.

I wish him years of good health and a speedy recovery, but I fear that may not happen.

[Title edited and topic closed by DT]

[ Edited: 27 August 2011 06:48 PM by DawnTreader ]      

Posted: 27 August 2011 06:13 PM #1

We’ve done this already.  I didn’t think this TMZ photo post needed to be here the first time and I don’t think it needs to be here now.

This board is the Apple Finance Board, not the Tabloid Photos of Allegedly Dying Steve Jobs Board.

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 27 August 2011 06:19 PM #2

Mav,

I agree and as mentioned, apologize if the post is in poor form.  Although a forum for investors & traders I believe all of us are concerned about the man’s health.

My intent was certainly not an invasion of Steve’s privacy or to fuel speculation. 

I do, however appreciate your comments.  If a moderator deems appropriate, I’m sure my post will be removed.

Posted: 27 August 2011 06:22 PM #3

I try not to meta-moderate since I’m no moderator.  I’m sure DT would let me know if I’m stepping out of line.

But, this is TMZ.  And we’re all mature adults here (even Unique, since he’s not a minor), so we know the situation and the possible directions the story of Steve’s resignation (and Steve’s health) might go.  We don’t need tabloids to direct (or is it hijack?) the conversation.

[ Edited: 27 August 2011 06:33 PM by Mav ]

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 27 August 2011 06:36 PM #4

This thread should be deleted.  We should not be driving hits to TMZ and rewarding their exploitation of this situation.  Whether the photos are real or fake does not matter.

Posted: 27 August 2011 06:40 PM #5

That reminds me!  Maybe a sticky announcement from DT about this no tabloid pix stuff?  Plenty of other places than the Apple Finance Board to discuss this kind of thing.

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 27 August 2011 06:46 PM #6

It’s a hoax . . .

http://www.techtosh.com/steve-jobs-first-picture-after-resignation/

Signature

Bought and Held

• Posted: 27 August 2011 06:47 PM #7

No tabloid pics in the AFB, please. This topic is now closed. Please respect this decision, please respect the privacy of Steve Jobs and please respect the fact we are here to discuss Apple and the company’s finances. We are not here to delve into the personal lives of the company’s employees.