Steve Jobs wanted to ban the most popular game on the iPad

Posted: 13 September 2011 11:15 AM #31

Consider the debate closed all you want. You don’t know what you’re talking about. Many games use third party tools, including rendering engines (which were also caught in the ban 1.5 years ago). Even Gruber recognized the consternation over it while his tongue was firmly implanted between Jobs’ cheeks.

Look, a 10% premium in processor load or a 10% decrease in battery life is “marginal” compared to a game not shipping or being buggy or delayed for months, etc. While you sound like you might know how to write code, you seem to have no concept of economics of writing code, which means no insight into the business of it.

Code economics is why Flash remains popular for mobile development despite Gruber telling you that Cocoa Touch is the best thing in the world.

• Posted: 07 November 2011 04:37 PM #32

Brad Hutchings (Bosco) - 13 September 2011 03:09 AM
    weipeng - 13 September 2011 02:59 AM

Bosco, I assumed that you’re too lazy to read John Gruber’s comment, so I repost it here for your convenience,

Did you provide a link to it? Did anyone above? No and no. I don’t read Gruber. If you’d have provided a relevant link to where he wrote that, I would have read it. Quit being an apphole.

I agree