AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

  • Posted: 25 September 2011 04:02 PM

    AAPL ended Friday trading at $404.30. Will we see $410 (or higher) as a closing this trading week?

    [ Edited: 01 October 2011 05:13 AM by DawnTreader ]      
  • Posted: 25 September 2011 04:05 PM #1

    DawnTreader - 25 September 2011 07:02 PM

    AAPL ended Friday trading at $404.30. Will we see $410 (or higher) as a closing this trading week?

    Yes, maybe smile

         
  • Posted: 25 September 2011 04:39 PM #2

    roni - 25 September 2011 07:05 PM
    DawnTreader - 25 September 2011 07:02 PM

    AAPL ended Friday trading at $404.30. Will we see $410 (or higher) as a closing this trading week?

    Yes, maybe smile

    I’m hoping for $415+ this week, the timing of which depends on Europe as much as anything else.

         
  • Avatar

    Posted: 25 September 2011 04:44 PM #3

    I’m set for a nice move in AAPL, but cautiously (Apr 12 call position).

    Yeah so I didn’t use weeklies or Oct 11s. raspberry The macro picture is still too fuzzy.

    Nikkei isn’t cooperating at the moment.

    Signature

    The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

         
  • Avatar

    Posted: 25 September 2011 04:45 PM #4

    Invite could possibly raise AAPL to an ATH before retracing some.

         
  • Avatar

    Posted: 25 September 2011 04:48 PM #5

    Invite should be a positive at AAPL 405, barring macro.

    (Y’know what, can we just assume everyone means that from now on?  It’s getting really tiresome to keep typing this.) 

    May not have been if AAPL were 415-ish.  My short-term plan is to hold my trades through the invite and sell the announcement, subject to change.  Thinking longer-term with my core options.

    Signature

    The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

         
  • Posted: 25 September 2011 05:11 PM #6

    Mav - 25 September 2011 07:48 PM

    Invite should be a positive at AAPL 405, barring macro.

    (Y’know what, can we just assume everyone means that from now on?  It’s getting really tiresome to keep typing this.) 

    May not have been if AAPL were 415-ish.  My short-term plan is to hold my trades through the invite and sell the announcement, subject to change.  Thinking longer-term with my core options.

    We’ve got the announcement this week.

    Show the following week-if there are 2 iPhones we could see Analysts very excited about Apple-the price could go up quite a bit.

    iPhones going on sale 10 days later (15th?)

    Apple Financial results the week of the 24th?

    This could be an amazing month for Apple.  We need Europe and the rest of the market to hold for the next month.  If we get 2 iPhones and the quarter results a lot of us are expecting how could we not see at least 10% this month (450-460)?

         
  • Avatar

    Posted: 25 September 2011 05:13 PM #7

    You’ve got a point.  That’s why my core options positions will most likely be held straight through the year.

    It’s the trades I’m not so sure about.

    Signature

    The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

         
  • Avatar

    Posted: 25 September 2011 05:14 PM #8

    The winner of the earnings smackdown should win this iPad 2 cover…

    Sponge, you interested?

         
  • Avatar

    Posted: 25 September 2011 05:16 PM #9

    410 tomorrow if we get a relief rally.  That is just a wild and crazy guess, no TA.  I don’t forecast; I just trade.  But it seems the only thing holding AAPL back is the broader market, so if the market takes another run at resistance, then AAPL bouncing to 410 seems reasonable.

    Euro Rallies on Optimism EU May Speed Emergency Fund

         
  • Avatar

    Posted: 25 September 2011 05:16 PM #10

    DawnTreader - 25 September 2011 07:02 PM

    AAPL ended Friday trading at $404.30. Will we see $410 (or higher) as a closing this trading week?

    Why not a new ATH?  What factors drove AAPL to 422?  Did they all disappear?

    I guess, looking back over the majority of the past 20 quarters, we’ve seen AAPL make leaps and bounds into earnings. I see many more reasons than not for that happening again.

    If the nearly UNINTERRUPTED run up to earnings (which I erroneously thought started last week) does not start this week, then surely the first trading day in October.

    We’ve also got the new moon Monday/Tuesday potentially pushing us higher…

    But, be advised, you’d have made a lot more money than I by being contrarian to my trades last week..  (and I had been on such a roll, damn!)

    That being said, I know it’s historically prudent to be a big Apple Bull just 17 trading days prior to the release of what could be some more astounding quarterly earnings. 

    I’m holding April 430 and Jan 2013 500 calls, a few commons and some April QCOM calls.

    Any QCOM fans on this board?  It seems to me AAPL has thrown a lot of cash their way that has yet to be reflected in their share price…

    Signature

    Study the natural order of things and work with it rather than against it…  ? Tao Te Ching

         
  • Posted: 25 September 2011 05:58 PM #11

    jjjz - 25 September 2011 08:16 PM
    DawnTreader - 25 September 2011 07:02 PM

    AAPL ended Friday trading at $404.30. Will we see $410 (or higher) as a closing this trading week?

    Why not a new ATH?  What factors drove AAPL to 422?  Did they all disappear?

    I guess, looking back over the majority of the past 20 quarters, we’ve seen AAPL make leaps and bounds into earnings. I see many more reasons than not for that happening again.

    If the nearly UNINTERRUPTED run up to earnings (which I erroneously thought started last week) does not start this week, then surely the first trading day in October.

    We’ve also got the new moon Monday/Tuesday potentially pushing us higher…

    But, be advised, you’d have made a lot more money than I by being contrarian to my trades last week..  (and I had been on such a roll, damn!)

    That being said, I know it’s historically prudent to be a big Apple Bull just 17 trading days prior to the release of what could be some more astounding quarterly earnings. 

    I’m holding April 430 and Jan 2013 500 calls, a few commons and some April QCOM calls.

    Any QCOM fans on this board?  It seems to me AAPL has thrown a lot of cash their way that has yet to be reflected in their share price…

    QCOM bull here. A distand second largest position after Apple. Everything mobile appears to be going QCOM’s way. The next 12 months beginning with the Iphone5 should be exciting.

    Signature

    Inflation robs from the past, deflation robs from the future. Pick your poison.

         
  • Avatar

    Posted: 25 September 2011 06:06 PM #12

    Trade with caution, the macro picture will remain very fragile for some time.

    On the one hand, AAPL’s outperforming the indices by about 25% so far this year.  On the other hand, earnings have grown something like 80-90% YOY IIRC.  Better to be a little too careful than a little too risky, IMHO.

    Last October’s action took many of us by surprise.  If AAPL starts taking off like a rocket, there may still be one or two lessons there, even though the situation is very different with iPhone just starting off in fiscal Q1 (!)

    Signature

    The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

         
  • Posted: 25 September 2011 06:26 PM #13

    I have little doubt that Apple will continue to outperform, and that there will be several big moves over the next couple of years.  If, however, the past couple of years are any indication, there could also be several multi-month periods of consolidation, some with a downward bias.

    My response is to buy plenty of time, and to occasionally go to a larger cash position.  I have a very tiny cash position now, and nothing that expires before Jan, 2013.  I think AAPL will be much higher in Jan 2012 than it is today.  If I am wrong, I will have gone to a higher cash position or will have plenty of time before Jan 2013 expiration to do well.

         
  • Avatar

    Posted: 25 September 2011 06:32 PM #14

    I think much the same way, except I think Apr 12 is an acceptable medium-high risk, somewhat higher-reward alternative for the Jan 13s.

    Since Apr 12 is my earliest expiration at the moment, I actually feel fairly calm.  Well, as calm as I can be for someone who’s edging closer to all-in, with the help of those always-risky calls.  We’ll see how I feel around 9:30AM eastern tomorrow.  LOL

    Signature

    The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

         
  • Avatar

    Posted: 25 September 2011 06:49 PM #15

    And I think much the same way, except I think Oct 11 is an acceptable medium-higher risk, and definitely a higher (quicker) reward alternative than either the Apr 12’s or Jan 13’s! grin

    Actually I have short term, medium and long term. Oct11’s through Jan 13’s. I couldn’t just have long term Jan13’s, even though it is probably the safest. I would feel decoupled from the daily market. Got to have skin in the game!

    It isn’t often we get this meshing or confluence of events. I am actually excited for my Oct 11 spreads! The next 4 weeks until Oct exp. are going to be very exciting!

    Signature

    Jan13 $600 or BUST! LEAP Spread Trial: Bought Jan13 590/600 BCS @1.45 on 9-21-2011
    Max Profit: 689%  Current Price:
    4.50 +210% as of 5-2-2012 - Woohoo! Finally Green!