AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

• Posted: 05 October 2011 12:15 AM

We are starting over for Wednesday. I expect an AAPL rally.

[ Edited: 05 October 2011 11:18 PM by DawnTreader ]      
  • Posted: 05 October 2011 12:26 AM #1

Wednesday

R4       452.19
      midpoint   438.41
    R3       424.63
      midpoint   410.85
    R2       397.07
      midpoint   390.93
    R1       384.79
      midpoint   377.15
    PP       369.51
      midpoint   363.37
    S1       357.23
      midpoint   349.59
    S2       341.95
      midpoint   328.17
    S3       314.39
      midpoint   300.61
    S4       286.83

Posted: 05 October 2011 12:47 AM #2

It may not be enough to save my AAPL weekly bull call spread, but I’m thinking the pre-order frenzy, earnings anticipation period and increased buzz should help AAPL along provided no market meltdown.

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 05 October 2011 01:32 AM #3

3. if it follows historical patterns (who knows in this environment), a likely bottom is ~369 (call it 370) with a potential ?overthrow? to 365.  using the percentage decline earlier this year (364.90 to 310.50, which took FIVE pushes down), the stock would have to go lower than 359 to exceed that spring decline in percentage terms.  but this has occurred in 1 or 2 pushes, and much faster.  around 368 it would match the percentage decline in august from 404.50 high to 353.  if the world isn?t ending, then support should come soon.  that?s a big ?if? according to financial media.

wow, that was one heck of an ‘overthrow.’  but on a closing basis, support at 370 held, so far.  account value whipsawing even more than AAPL today due to leverage.  imagine other AFBers in the same boat.  who else needed a nap after the closing bell?  :oh:

on the iphone 4s, bottom line is that it’s a new phone, same form factor.  form factor is already great.  practically every smartphone competitor is copying it.  so how does apple differentiate?  software, ecosystem, service.  and that’s what they pushed today.

market reversal was significant, let’s see if it becomes a bottom.

Posted: 05 October 2011 01:34 AM #4

rutgersguy92 - 04 October 2011 07:02 PM
    macZiggy - 04 October 2011 03:38 PM
    FYI?.today?s low at $354.24 is close to the 61.8% Fibonacci Retracement (353.75) from the 310 low to the 422 high.

Please interpret for me.

Is this good or bad?

Stock going up or down?

Sorry for the delay Rutgersguy92.  The 61.8% Fib Retracement is the classic reversal area of a downturn.  I wish I had thought to map it out sooner.  I managed to grab a few January 12 calls at 360, but I would have bought many more if I had realized the retracement level.

Most charts have the Fibonacci Retracement option in the drawing configuration choices along with trend lines, etc.  Traditionally, you draw from the recent low up to the recent high and all the retracement levels appear.  Sometimes 50% retracement is good too.  Pretty solid bottom today IMHO.  Might be broken, but I doubt it.

In fact, the 50% retracement level at 366.28 may be a turning point if there is a swing down tomorrow to test.  But, that’s just my opinion. Stay nimble!!

I’m still trying to figure out how to post a chart…....

• Posted: 05 October 2011 02:13 AM #5

macZiggy - 05 October 2011 04:34 AM

rutgersguy92 - 04 October 2011 07:02 PM
    macZiggy - 04 October 2011 03:38 PM
    FYI?.today?s low at $354.24 is close to the 61.8% Fibonacci Retracement (353.75) from the 310 low to the 422 high.

Please interpret for me.

Is this good or bad?

Stock going up or down?

Sorry for the delay Rutgersguy92.  The 61.8% Fib Retracement is the classic reversal area of a downturn.  I wish I had thought to map it out sooner.  I managed to grab a few January 12 calls at 360, but I would have bought many more if I had realized the retracement level.

Most charts have the Fibonacci Retracement option in the drawing configuration choices along with trend lines, etc.  Traditionally, you draw from the recent low up to the recent high and all the retracement levels appear.  Sometimes 50% retracement is good too.  Pretty solid bottom today IMHO.  Might be broken, but I doubt it.

In fact, the 50% retracement level at 366.28 may be a turning point if there is a swing down tomorrow to test.  But, that’s just my opinion. Stay nimble!!

I’m still trying to figure out how to post a chart…....

Thxs for taking the time to explain…...very helpful for me   smile

Posted: 05 October 2011 02:27 AM #6

Maybe OT, but I was wondering - does the iPod touch really have no A5?  We’ll see…

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 05 October 2011 03:21 AM #7

The market will be move on 3 things tomorrow:  Europe, Europe and Europe. 

On CNN:  Tim Geithner is doing his best to shore up public perception that Europe will keep the Euro intact (interview with, cough, Mr. BlackBerry herself, Erin Burnett).

She asked TIm if he had an iPhone 4S yet….I don’t think she was kidding.  Then she made a reference to the “cult of mac…” 

Red Shirt Ensign—What’s your fee for jettisoning her off to a Klingon transport ship?

Posted: 05 October 2011 03:26 AM #8

Mercel, my reply is:  What’s new, what’s new, what’s new.

Btw, you know the way Tim Cook said he watched the China retail video 100 times and could watch 100 more? 

I could do the same with the Siri demo video (Youtube link by Apple now up:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNsrl86inpo).  Siri alone will sell TONS of iPhone 4S units.

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 05 October 2011 03:31 AM #9

Erin is spinning her “man on the street” interviews of disappointed customers while running an anti-Apple caption “Apple Stores Seriously Empty.” 

She’s such a hypocrite—she hates Apple and yet she’s feigning disappointment as an Apple fan missing the iPhone 5

Seriously, Erin, get lost.

• Posted: 05 October 2011 03:32 AM #10

Mav - 05 October 2011 06:26 AM

Btw, you know the way Tim Cook said he watched the China retail video 100 times and could watch 100 more? 

I could do the same with the Siri demo video (Youtube link by Apple now up:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNsrl86inpo).  Siri alone will sell TONS of iPhone 4S units.

What’s new?  Going forward I’m watching CNN less in the evening…

Posted: 05 October 2011 03:33 AM #11

Mercel - 05 October 2011 06:31 AM

Erin is spinning her “man on the street” interviews of disappointed customers while running an anti-Apple caption “Apple Stores Seriously Empty.” 

She’s such a hypocrite—she hates Apple and yet she’s feigning disappointment as an Apple fan missing the iPhone 5

Is she dating Bosco by chance?

• Posted: 05 October 2011 03:38 AM #12

madmaxroi - 05 October 2011 06:33 AM
    Mercel - 05 October 2011 06:31 AM

Is she dating Bosco by chance?

I wouldn’t wish that smirk on anyone, including the resident troll.

Posted: 05 October 2011 03:40 AM #13

Mercel - 05 October 2011 06:32 AM
    Mav - 05 October 2011 06:26 AM

What’s new?  Going forward I’m watching CNN less in the evening…

Mercel:  “Siri, set a reminder to stop watching CNN in the evening when I get home.”  LOL

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 05 October 2011 04:47 AM #14

“The bulls were waiting to pounce at the 200-day moving average, however, and were able to rally the stock $18 into the close.  The classic technical bounce rescued the S&P5oo; from its afternoon swoon and failed rally.  The shorts were forced to cover generating a nutcracking 40 point S&P rally in the last 45 minutes of trading.

News from Europe the cause of the bounce?  Possibly, but we don?t think so.”

http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2011/10/apple?s-textbook-bounce-saves-the-market/

And at 3:45 in the morning Europe is all positive.  Let’s hope it holds.

Posted: 05 October 2011 06:33 AM #15

That’s it: no iPhone 5? Let’s crash the market or at least open down!

Okay. The stick save from yesterday’s session was on news that the Euros may get a clue. Overnight, we’ve realized the euros are clueless.

Course, we do have four hours of PM for the Euros to discover a clue.

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.