Apple September Quarter Results

• Posted: 18 October 2011 05:39 PM #16

Where’s the link?

Signature

You can’t do more, make more, be more, than the next guy, if you think like the next guy. Think different.

Posted: 18 October 2011 05:39 PM #17

Apple Misses on Earnings, Revenue, iPhone Sales, Stock Tanks

Apple reported third-quarter earnings of $7.05 a share, on revenue of $28.3 billion.

Analysts, on average, expected Apple to earn $7.22 a share on revenue of $29.5 billion.

Apple has not missed earnings forecasts since the second quarter of 2002, according to FactSet data.

The stock is down 8% after hours, after gaining 0.5% during regular trading. Update: The stock is clawing back a little bit, now down about 5%.

iPhone sales came in at 17.07 million, compared with forecasts of 20 million ? maybe the most disappointing number.

On the bright side, iPad sales came in at 11.1 million units, topping estimates by a little bit.

Signature

Tightwad.

Posted: 18 October 2011 05:40 PM #18

Ah, but that guidance is fantastic!

I can live with my trade getting flushed down the toilet.  My bull call spreads are gonna be red for a while but I’m still OK.

Careful, the big boys will spin the “bad news” for all it’s worth.

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 18 October 2011 05:40 PM #19

lovemyipad - 18 October 2011 08:38 PM

F-!  F-!  F-!

What are you holding ipad? Bull Spreads?

Signature

“We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.” - Aesop

• Posted: 18 October 2011 05:41 PM #20

iPhones - miss or big miss
    iPads - miss
    iPods - miss
    Macs - hit

Posted: 18 October 2011 05:41 PM #21

-5% AH is hardly a RIMM tank.

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 18 October 2011 05:42 PM #22

guidance is saving us from a complete stock melt down.

Looks like the ibank analysts won this round. Everyone gets lucky once in a while.

• Posted: 18 October 2011 05:44 PM #23

Yes, forward looking guidance looks good, right?

• Posted: 18 October 2011 05:45 PM #24

macglenn - 18 October 2011 08:36 PM

Q1EPS guidance 9.30 will help

I usually don’t follow future guidance. What is the average percentage sandbagging for future guidance? I didn’t sell when AAPL hit a line connecting the tops in the chart because I thought earnings would be in the 8’s.

• Posted: 18 October 2011 05:45 PM #25

Gregg Thurman - 18 October 2011 08:39 PM

Where’s the link?

My apologies.

http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2011/10/18Apple-Reports-Fourth-Quarter-Results.html

Posted: 18 October 2011 05:45 PM #26

hilarious.

AAPL is going nowhere until Jan Earnings reverse this horrible iPhone miss.

Signature

Full Disclosure:

- Long Apple
    - Pro: Apple HDTV, iPhone Air, Stock split, Consumer robotics

Posted: 18 October 2011 05:46 PM #27

Although they don’t top analysts’ estimates, these are great numbers, we should recover pretty soon. For once, guidance is good. Same happened yesterday, VMWare (VMW) reported amazing earnings, beating estimates, the stock got hammered by -5% in AH. Today VMW closed +8%. No time to sell, those who hold will be rewarded, comes January, IMHO.

Posted: 18 October 2011 05:46 PM #28

No new iPhone in FYQ4 = lower iPhone numbers.  This too shall pass.

Posted: 18 October 2011 05:47 PM #29

You know analysts are blowing this news off when CNBC has to put Bat Guano and some TA moron to poo-poo the stock. Everyone else still loves Apple.

And I reiterate, delayed iPhone refresh killed the quarter. Hopefully that loss of sales will be carried forward to Q1.

Signature

We filed for over 200 patents for all the inventions in iPhone and we intend to protect them. — Steve Jobs, 2007

• Posted: 18 October 2011 05:49 PM #30

Zimermann on CNBC: Apple is a bubble!!!

He is tecnical and looking away from the company and products.  And I am sorry that people like him could scare some investors.

But let us be positive - and I am buying the dip tomorrow and increasing my 1.500 shares.