Mac-Based Trading Workstation

Posted: 29 October 2011 09:43 PM

I thought I would share my trading workstation, maybe you can share yours too?

It consists of two 27 inch iMac Quad i7 with SSD drives and maxed out processor and ram. The middle iMac has a 27 inch thunderbolt Cinema Display attached. I use TradeStation as my primary platform, I also use ThinkorSwim, Infinity Futures AT, Fidelity ATP and Market Delta. I run parallels for the Windows stuff.

I also have a 46 inch LED Samsung Smart TV attached to an Mac Mini Server, which I used for monitoring news, watching videos and as a backup to the trading station. It has a Bose Cinemate sound system.

Signature

Sometimes I sits and thinks, sometimes I just sits
    -Wish you were here

Posted: 29 October 2011 10:03 PM #1

The one thing that has me perplexed with the Thunderbolt Cinema display is that it is about an inch shorter than the 27 inch iMac, so the screens don’t line up. I’m tempted to put a block under the Cinema Display, but that would ruin the aesthetics of the base.

Signature

Sometimes I sits and thinks, sometimes I just sits
    -Wish you were here

• Posted: 30 October 2011 07:15 AM #2

Get a can of gloss black Rust O Leum and a 2X4 cut to length. It will be unnoticed.

Posted: 30 October 2011 11:30 AM #3

Well, well, well ... erntheburn (AKA Zack Bass) returns from the wilderness. 

Tommo is no longer around so I guess you’re safe.

Signature

“Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.”
    - Jimi Hendrix