Posted: 04 November 2011 04:54 PM #346

$400 pin this week.  Ya’ think?

Signature

“Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.”
    - Jimi Hendrix

• Posted: 04 November 2011 05:07 PM #347

incorrigible - 04 November 2011 07:54 PM

$400 pin this week.  Ya’ think?

I’d say right where the big money wanted it based on Travis’ excellent weekly max pain charts.

Based on how reliable max pain is, it seems like the thing to do is to keep buying call spreads (or selling put spreads for a credit) just below the range every week?

Posted: 04 November 2011 05:16 PM #348

wheeles - 04 November 2011 03:47 PM

I think we’ve put in the high and the low for today. If past weekly options expirations are anything to go by then we spend most of the day oscillating around the mid-point. That number is 401.30.

Well we spent a bit of time bouncing around 401.30, but 400 had a magnet effect for the close. I’m intrigued to see what the last print of AH is going to be. Last week it landed within a few cents of the mid-point between high and low.

Signature

Throughout all my years of investing I’ve found that the big money was never made in the buying or the selling. The big money was made in the waiting. ? Jesse Livermore

Posted: 04 November 2011 06:10 PM #349

wheeles - 04 November 2011 06:33 PM
    Mav - 04 November 2011 05:48 PM

Mid-300s? 

You’re a bear, JohnG.  Just admit it.  There’s no shame in that.

He does have a point. Sooner or later there will be a sizable downdraft. You only have to look at AAPL’s longer term chart to see that it can go down as well as up. The question is when, from what level, and by how much?

Houston, we have a contrarian.

Of course johnG has a point.  Doesn’t change his sentiment.

You see the market trending down?  You’re bearish.

You have this nagging feeling about AAPL despite all the upswings?  You’re an AAPL bear, and I will repeat, there’s no shame in that.

For the record, I’m near-term bearish.  The atmosphere is thick with fear and uncertainty (and heck, let’s throw in doubt too).  That’s why most of my bullish trading looks to next year and Apple’s insane holiday quarter results.

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Teamâ„¢
    Thanks, Steve.