AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

• Posted: 06 November 2011 03:33 PM

On Friday Apple closed above $400 per share. Will the shares hold above $400 in early Monday trading?

[ Edited: 12 November 2011 12:33 AM by DawnTreader ]      

Posted: 06 November 2011 05:20 PM #1

Sorry, my right margin keeps getting chopped…I’ll see if I can fix it…

• Posted: 06 November 2011 05:29 PM #2

Possible bullish pennant?

Posted: 06 November 2011 07:22 PM #3

lovemyipad - 06 November 2011 09:20 PM

Sorry, my right margin keeps getting chopped…I’ll see if I can fix it…

No disrespect, but what exactly is the point of your two diagonal lines? They seem a little bit arbitrary. This is what I have for my daily chart (I’ve removed a lot of other lines and things to make it clearer).

http://screencast.com/t/mOtI62VvPp5

Click the link above to get a better view.

As you can see I have drawn two alternate diagonal lines. There is reason behind the placement of these. First, I take the high at ‘A’ and look for the low of the move down, which is at ‘C’. Then I draw a line from ‘A’ to the next high prior to ‘C’ which happens to be the next bar at ‘B’. There have been no new lows after ‘C’ (the lows of ‘E’ and ‘H’ are higher), so that line remains and no new downtrend lines are drawn even though the high of ‘G’ breaks the line. Had the low at ‘H’ been lower than the low at ‘C’ then I would have redrawn the downtrend line from the high of ‘A’ to the high of ‘G’.

Then for an uptrend line, I take the low at ‘C’ and look for the high of the next series of bars. This is at ‘G’ (although ‘F’ would also do). Then I look back for the next low after ‘C’ and before ‘G’ , which is at ‘E’, so my uptrend line goes from the low at ‘C’ to the low at ‘E’.

As before, despite ‘H’ has dipped below this line, until we get a high above ‘G’ I would not consider redrawing the line.

So, from my lines it looks like we still have support at the uptrend line, and are in the process of breaking above the downtrend line. The break in this instance will be confirmed once there is a close above the high at ‘G’.

Incidentally, we have a DeMark Resistance line (the upper white dashed one) in that area, which has marked out the channel top. This line was generated back on 22 September, but still holds over a month later.

[ Edited: 06 November 2011 07:26 PM by wheeles ]

Signature

Throughout all my years of investing I’ve found that the big money was never made in the buying or the selling. The big money was made in the waiting. ? Jesse Livermore

Posted: 06 November 2011 08:13 PM #4

Wheeles, needless to say, you are far more precise than I ! smile

Posted: 06 November 2011 08:40 PM #5

Nice overview from my favorite chart guy:

Corey Rosenbloom

Posted: 06 November 2011 09:12 PM #6

A longer term perspective… Apple owns generation buy:

http://betanews.com/2011/11/05/forget-analysts-and-pundits-apples-best-days-are-ahead/

Signature

Study the natural order of things and work with it rather than against it…  ? Tao Te Ching

• Posted: 06 November 2011 09:31 PM #7

Hopefully we hold the 50 day ma next week. It looks like the market it reacting slightly positively
    To the latest news out of Greece.  If we break below the 50 day m the 200 day ma will be a great opportunity to add to your position as it always has been.  I would know because every time it hits the 200 day ma I get a margin call! Fortunately I’ve never had to sell any substantial amount.  This time I didn’t add on the way up so I’m ready to add at the 200 day.

Posted: 06 November 2011 09:47 PM #8

lovemyipad - 07 November 2011 12:40 AM

Corey Rosenbloom

My favorite chart guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFWZ37ziMag&feature=related

Signature

We filed for over 200 patents for all the inventions in iPhone and we intend to protect them. — Steve Jobs, 2007

Posted: 06 November 2011 10:02 PM #9

lovemyipad - 07 November 2011 12:40 AM

Corey Rosenbloom

Red will be disappointed with that statement.  I think he thought he was your favorite. smile

Posted: 06 November 2011 11:00 PM #10

Futures are whatever, same as the Asian markets and FTSE 100.  Which is to say, tomorrow is up in the air as far as the early indicators are concerned.

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 06 November 2011 11:05 PM #11

My gut tells me we will see 390 or lower this week.

Posted: 06 November 2011 11:12 PM #12

Sweet.  (/ambiguous statement)

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 06 November 2011 11:33 PM #13

omacvi - 07 November 2011 03:05 AM

Hah…......  AFB cage fight between The Sponge and Unique.

Place your bets folks
          JohnG

[ Edited: 06 November 2011 11:40 PM by johnG ]      

Posted: 07 November 2011 12:00 AM #14

johnG - 07 November 2011 03:33 AM

Place your bets folks
          JohnG

The great thing about The Sponge is that you can mop the floor with him and he just bounces right back.

Posted: 07 November 2011 12:30 AM #15

Prazan - 07 November 2011 04:00 AM
    johnG - 07 November 2011 03:33 AM

Place your bets folks
          JohnG

The great thing about The Sponge is that you can mop the floor with him and he just bounces right back.

Hey

I just think I was premature in declaring 390 as low of the year from here on.  The market has a ton of issues to contend with that will drag us down.  I see issues with other European countries and US debt debate.  Also it appears right now despite bad approval numbers like Obama will get a second term.

Also traditionally we se at least a 12 % drop from ATH.  So we should see that between now and end of Jan 2012