AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

Posted: 07 November 2011 12:50 AM #16

omacvi - 07 November 2011 04:30 AM

Hey

I just think I was premature in declaring 390 as low of the year from here on.  The market has a ton of issues to contend with that will drag us down.  I see issues with other European countries and US debt debate.  Also it appears right now despite bad approval numbers like Obama will get a second term.

Also traditionally we se at least a 12 % drop from ATH.  So we should see that between now and end of Jan 2012

Holy cow…............  your aapl crystal ball now includes presidential races!!  rolleyes 

While I do agree with your overall aapl/econ thesis (politics aside) I think it would be best if you keep additional poli-sci comments out of your posts.

cheers to the longs
        JohnG

Posted: 07 November 2011 01:27 AM #17

Let’s try and keep political-sounding stuff of this topic where possible (though obviously Greece is very much in play and very relevant to this week’s action).

Reaction to whatever happens in Greece may drive the markets tomorrow.

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 07 November 2011 02:07 AM #18

Mav - 07 November 2011 05:27 AM

Let’s try and keep political-sounding stuff of this topic where possible (though obviously Greece is very much in play and very relevant to this week’s action).

A new Prime Minister should be announced, and there should be less fear of Greece committing suicide and there not being enough money for pall bearers.

• Posted: 07 November 2011 02:08 AM #19

Monday

R4       413.79
      midpoint   411.65
    R3       409.51
      midpoint   407.37
    R2       405.23
      midpoint   403.98
    R1       402.73
      midpoint   401.84
    PP       400.95
      midpoint   399.70
    S1       398.45
      midpoint   397.56
    S2       396.67
      midpoint   394.53
    S3       392.39
      midpoint   390.25
    S4       388.11

Posted: 07 November 2011 02:28 AM #20

willrob - 07 November 2011 06:07 AM
    Mav - 07 November 2011 05:27 AM

A new Prime Minister should be announced, and there should be less fear of Greece committing suicide and there not being enough money for pall bearers.

Which is my take as well.

The futures/early trading isn’t reflecting such a positive-ish sentiment, though.

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 07 November 2011 05:28 AM #21

Apparently the no-confidence vote was a no-win situation as far as the market action on Monday was concerned?

Makes me wonder how bad it might’ve been if Papandreou _hadn’t_ pulled out the “win.”

No reason to panic.  Just more of the same volatility.

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 07 November 2011 07:18 AM #22

I’ve been concerned about the late day weakness of late with apple opening above the Nasdaq but closing below of several occasions.  But im a long time investor and not worried enough to sell any of my shares ahead of the stock traders almanacs best six months of the year.  The market historically has made all it’s gains nov-April with 0 returns may-October.  Makes sense since summer time is when people go on vacation and sell stocks to spend.

Posted: 07 November 2011 07:41 AM #23

Next up: Italy.

• Posted: 07 November 2011 08:43 AM #24

lovemyipad - 07 November 2011 11:41 AM

Next up: Italy.

To Helen

Helen, thy beauty is to me
    Like those Nicean barks of yore
    That gently, o’er a perfumed sea,
    The weary, way-worn wanderer bore
    To his own native shore.

On desperate seas long wont to roam,
    Thy hyacinth hair, thy classic face,
    Thy Naiad airs have brought me home
    To the glory that was Greece,
    And the grandeur that was Rome.

Lo, in yon brilliant window-niche
    How statue-like I see thee stand,
    The agate lamp within thy hand,
    Ah! Psyche, from the regions which
    Are Holy Land!

Edgar Allan Poe

1845 revision of his 1831 poem, To Helen

• Posted: 07 November 2011 09:51 AM #25

Steve Jobs the tweaker

I liked this New Yorker magazine article that connects Jobsian characteristics with the Industrial Revolution in England

Posted: 07 November 2011 09:53 AM #26

ToS has been showing for more than an hour a higher bid than ask for AAPL. Am I the only one?

Signature

Tightwad.

• Posted: 07 November 2011 10:29 AM #27

awcabot - 07 November 2011 01:53 PM

ToS has been showing for more than an hour a higher bid than ask for AAPL. Am I the only one?

399.77 x 398 at fidelity

Posted: 07 November 2011 10:35 AM #28

Same here. Had thought it would clear at the open, but it’s still showing 398.

Signature

Throughout all my years of investing I’ve found that the big money was never made in the buying or the selling. The big money was made in the waiting. ? Jesse Livermore

• Posted: 07 November 2011 10:40 AM #29

Ok, disappointing. Looked like the futures were trending towards green and AAPl takes a dirtnap on the opening bell. sigh. At least the market as a whole seems relatively stable. Now if we can just get Berlusconi to resign, maybe we can to return to rationality (or the closest approximation thereof.)

In positive news, we are still inside the ascending triangle for AAPL.

Posted: 07 November 2011 10:48 AM #30

wheeles - 07 November 2011 02:35 PM

Same here. Had thought it would clear at the open, but it’s still showing 398.

While TOS is on 398 for the Ask, Interactive Brokers are showing the real price. It makes me wonder how many black box programs are using this shitty data on which to base trades?

Signature

Throughout all my years of investing I’ve found that the big money was never made in the buying or the selling. The big money was made in the waiting. ? Jesse Livermore