AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

Posted: 07 November 2011 10:56 AM #31

Picked up 10 shares @ $397 and change.

Signature

“Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.”
    - Jimi Hendrix

Posted: 07 November 2011 11:42 AM #32

Good Morning Boys and Girls

The bad news is that we are being dragged down and slightly leading the sell off on the S&P, the good news is that volume is so low that the damage is minimal.

I see 395 as the low for the day but in the next 3 days we should break 390.  The writing is on the wall that our stock needs to be dropped.  The big boys need to bring this baby down and make some money.

Max Pain is at $400 but I think it will be brought down and by 11/19 we will close around 390.

Posted: 07 November 2011 12:20 PM #33

omacvi - 07 November 2011 03:42 PM

The bad news is that we are being dragged down and slightly leading the sell off on the S&P, the good news is that volume is so low that the damage is minimal.

I see 395 as the low for the day but in the next 3 days we should break 390.  The writing is on the wall that our stock needs to be dropped.  The big boys need to bring this baby down and make some money.

Max Pain is at $400 but I think it will be brought down and by 11/19 we will close around 390.

That’s some serious smack talk….................    LOL

Hey Unique, you just going to let the old man punk you?  It’s the middle of the first round and I’m starting to lay my bets down. Get back in there and let’s see a real rumble!~

cheers
          JohnG

[ Edited: 07 November 2011 12:23 PM by johnG ]      

Posted: 07 November 2011 12:33 PM #34

johnG - 07 November 2011 04:20 PM
    omacvi - 07 November 2011 03:42 PM

That’s some serious smack talk….................    LOL

Hey Unique, you just going to let the old man punk you?  It’s the middle of the first round and I’m starting to lay my bets down. Get back in there and let’s see a real rumble!~

cheers
          JohnG

Dont worry John he will soon agree with me. :-D

However I would love to be wrong and see his prediction of 430 come true.

I just think that the options folks are in charge with low volume like this.  Look at volume between Nov thru first of Jan last year.  It dropped lower and lower and the stock went no where.

here comes 395 and I think we will go below that now since the day is still young.

• Posted: 07 November 2011 01:01 PM #35

Travis Lewis has Nov 19 AAPL Pain at $395-$445 with a 98% probability range.  There’s plenty of time before then AND these ranges move.  It does convey a bullish impression, however.

http://www.aaplpain.com/Site/Aapl_Pain_Nov.html

Posted: 07 November 2011 01:29 PM #36

Mercel - 07 November 2011 05:01 PM

Travis Lewis has Nov 19 AAPL Pain at $395-$445 with a 98% probability range.  There’s plenty of time before then AND these ranges move.  It does convey a bullish impression, however.

http://www.aaplpain.com/Site/Aapl_Pain_Nov.html

Yes it does since we are at the bottom of that range right now, however with Max pain at 400 and the overall market on a negative run, I am more bearish for the next 3 weeks and even more bearish for the 6 weeks.

That is why I see 395 around 11/19 with further selling as we head into the Thanksgiving holiday.

But if we do go to 445 then I do see us closing around my target of 465 for the end of the year.

Right now I have a hard time seeing that.

Posted: 07 November 2011 01:36 PM #37

Hong Kong’s supply of 4s iPhones available through pre-order vaporized in 10 minutes. The websites for both of Korea’s iPhone compatible carriers crashed on double the order volume, compared to the release of the 4. And the US market shows continued stock outs.

http://blogs.barrons.com/techtraderdaily/2011/11/07/apple-deutsche-retail-checks-see-iphone-4s-demand-strong/

Posted: 07 November 2011 02:23 PM #38

And this is with iPhone 4S probably having a much faster ramp-up than any previous launch.

30M iPhones sold this quarter or Epic Fail, as some say.  (32+M is my early guess.)

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 07 November 2011 02:31 PM #39

None of this good news is making it to the much watched media…and the stock is not reflecting it either. Insane.

Signature

Keep Calm and Carry On

Posted: 07 November 2011 02:33 PM #40

Patience is a necessary virtue with AAPL.

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 07 November 2011 03:09 PM #41

Is anyone who isn’t using Thinkorswim still seeing a messed up Ask of 398?

awcabot?

Signature

Throughout all my years of investing I’ve found that the big money was never made in the buying or the selling. The big money was made in the waiting. ? Jesse Livermore

Posted: 07 November 2011 03:17 PM #42

Again RIMM, Again?
    Less than a month after a massive outage affected tens of millions of BlackBerry subscribers across five continents, some users Monday were reporting another round of disruptions to Internet, email and text services.

Twitter and Blackberry forums reported periodic problems, with posters saying they have not been able to send or receive emails, particularly over business networks using the mobile devices.

There were complaints about BlackBerry messaging and Internet browsing problems and BlackBerry for Twitter was also reportedly inaccessible for some users.

But in an emailed statement, RIM said the issue was ISP-related and did not affect the BlackBerry infrastructure.

?There was a global Internet issue this morning that impacted a number of Internet Service Providers (ISP) around the world,? the statement said. ?RIM?s BlackBerry infrastructure was not impacted. However, some customers may have experienced delays with their ISP. RIM continues to monitor the situation.?

A CrackBerry blog post said the company has been inundated with complaints but has not confirmed a service disruption.

Waterloo-based RIM in mid-October experienced the worst BlackBerry service outage in its history, affecting as many as half of its 70 million customers for as long as four days.

The company has since offered to compensate all of its customers with free BlackBerry apps and is in discussions with carriers over the impact of the disruption on their operations.

RIM, which faces threats of a consumer class-action lawsuit over the outage, has unveiled a so-called SWAT team to investigate its cause and to troubleshoot against future disruptions.

Posted: 07 November 2011 03:18 PM #43

wheeles - 07 November 2011 07:09 PM

awcabot?

Is a display bug for sure.

Signature

Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.  - Steve Jobs

Posted: 07 November 2011 03:24 PM #44

AAPL broke above intraday channel at $397.35, now it is flirting near the upper channel of the two-day channel.  Need to break above $399.68 for it to have any chance of retesting $410 and then hopefully fill the gap at $415, then even more hopefully retest $426.70.

Signature

Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.  - Steve Jobs

Posted: 07 November 2011 03:31 PM #45

Mace - 07 November 2011 07:18 PM
    wheeles - 07 November 2011 07:09 PM

awcabot?

Is a display bug for sure.

Obviously, otherwise it wouldn’t go higher. What I am trying to determine is whether it is specific to TOS, or whether it is a data problem from an ECN, which could lead to other platforms having the same issue.

Signature

Throughout all my years of investing I’ve found that the big money was never made in the buying or the selling. The big money was made in the waiting. ? Jesse Livermore